Littlefinger's mistake

yankee211

I haven't seen PJ's videos given that I am not that huge fan of plagiarism. However, you can find a lot about that here. There are a lot of posts some 2,3 years ago about that. I particularly remember that tze argued about LF not being as secure as we believe him to be.

At the end, I believe that Sansa will be LF's biggest mistake.

The video (which I saw because some people were discussing it on Reddit) is rather odd, in that it arrives at a general conclusion that I think is basically true (that the Gates of the Moon Royces, or at least Myranda, are playing their own game and snooping around “Alayne Stone”), but it gets to that conclusion by some really bizarre reasoning hinging on a totally unfounded assumption about Sansa’s missing shoe from the end of ASOS falling near Lysa’s body.

Littlefinger already told Sansa to be careful around Myranda because of how smart she is so there is no way that he does not have spies all over the Gates of the Moon keeping an eye on Myranda and Nestor . For all we know Myranda already works for Littlefinger or will soon , she's very ambitious and who would give her more chance to prosper then the Lord Protector of the Vale and Lord Paramount of the Riverlands? 

I think LF knows, to an extent, how ambitious Nestor and Myranda are. That's why he granted Nestor the title to the Gates of the Moon.

I'm in ~70% belief of the "third shoe" theory, but I do realize after watching the video that Myranda analyzed "Alayne" much more closely than I realized.

After watching this video, I'm a bit more intrigued by the Mad Mouse's presence in the Vale. He may not play a role in bringing Sansa OUT but rather bringing information IN, ie Varys trying to win over the Royces.

Some of the regulars really dislike him/his videos. So long as an actual discussion ensues (ie not some random "look these videos are neat... have you heard of this guy?" kind of post) there's no harm in referencing his videos. After all, we reference each there's theories, don't we?

Some of the regulars really dislike him/his videos. So long as an actual discussion ensues (ie not some random "look these videos are neat... have you heard of this guy?" kind of post) there's no harm in referencing his videos. After all, we reference each there's theories, don't we?

touche

So, he did a video about something that is pretty much a given in the books and everybody agrees with because it's the very logical conclusion of the facts presented?

THE END IS NEAR.

The video (which I saw because some people were discussing it on Reddit) is rather odd, in that it arrives at a general conclusion that I think is basically true (that the Gates of the Moon Royces, or at least Myranda, are playing their own game and snooping around “Alayne Stone”), but it gets to that conclusion by some really bizarre reasoning hinging on a totally unfounded assumption about Sansa’s missing shoe from the end of ASOS falling near Lysa’s body.

ok, humankind. we're safe.

(ETA: Ok, now I need to find out what's the thing with the shoe. Did someone went to recover Lysa's body, found the shoe and ran a forensic examination to find out the texture of the shoe had recorded the scene or something? Because that totally happened in a CSI episode. Kind of.)

I firmly believe Nestor is deep in LF's pocket. The Gates of the Moon is by far the greatest prize he could've hoped for, and no one except LF is going to give it to him, not Sansa, not Bronze Yohn, not anyone. And I don't even think he'd care about Lysa's true killer that much, considering she always looked down on him. And his reaction upon receiving the deeds of the Gates or whatever was far too genuine, so the dude is not acting.

Now, Myranda is a different story, and I actually think she'll play a part in LF's downfall. LF is keeping Nestor happy while neglecting his daughter (the real lady of the Gates), at least so far. So he either buys her too, or convinces Nestor to marry her off away if he detects she's a threat, and then she could lash out.

(ETA: Ok, now I need to find out what's the thing with the shoe. Did someone went to recover Lysa's body, found the shoe and ran a forensic examination to find out the texture of the shoe had recorded the scene or something? Because that totally happened in a CSI episode. Kind of.)

its a cinderalla moment. u have 1 dead body with 3 shoes. ur not the least bit curious who the other might belong too?

The shoe is plausible I suppose but as others have said it could have landed anywhere.  The pointed questins Myranda asked is far more interesting to me.

I firmly believe Nestor is deep in LF's pocket. The Gates of the Moon is by far the greatest prize he could've hoped for, and no one except LF is going to give it to him, not Sansa, not Bronze Yohn, not anyone. And I don't even think he'd care about Lysa's true killer that much, considering she always looked down on him. And his reaction upon receiving the deeds of the Gates or whatever was far too genuine, so the dude is not acting.

Now, Myranda is a different story, and I actually think she'll play a part in LF's downfall. LF is keeping Nestor happy while neglecting his daughter (the real lady of the Gates), at least so far. So he either buys her too, or convinces Nestor to marry her off away if he detects she's a threat, and then she could lash out.

I agree on Nestor as well. He seemed really grateful and he is from a lesser house. There is no real chance of getting the Vale. Baelish has effectively tied his success to his own. I

The shoe is plausible I suppose but as others have said it could have landed anywhere.  The pointed questins Myranda asked is far more interesting to me.

ya we dont know for sure where the shoe landed. but then y was myranda so curious? just a nosey person? or was asked to interogate sansa?

• 1 month later...

its a cinderalla moment. u have 1 dead body with 3 shoes. ur not the least bit curious who the other might belong too?

As PJ noted in the video, it's a twist on the Cinderella story...  If the 3rd shoe theory is true, it wouldn't be the only "demented twist" on a fairy tale Sansa's experienced.  She parallels Snow White, in a way, although she ended up marrying a dwarf rather than Prince Charming.  (She might also be the "other, younger and more beautiful" ie "fairest in the land.")

Jeez I didn't know this forum hated Preston Jacobs so much. He puts a lot of effort into those videos and his leaps in logic are entertaining if not always convincing. The dragon-hatching genetics video is a lot like that. I like his work. 

On the subject of this thread, I believe there is something to the Royce's snooping. Petyr has to misstep eventually, it seems fitting that he does so my underestimating a "lower" house much in the way he himself is always underestimated. 

Archived