An interesting fact on Aryn Velaryon

purple-eyes

Ok, so I was checking the conquering of Dorne,then I noticed that Princess Aliandra Martell took the seat right after the dance of dragons. 

Because her father died somewhere close to 129-134

At that moment she was a young and fiery woman and thought herself as new Nymeria. 

Then at some point in his first voyage, Aryn stopped at Sunspear twice (on both legs of his voyage) and it looks like they were in love

(Obviously Aryn was cheating his wife Baela, but anyway, this is not the point)

Aliandra somehow married a member from House Rogare, who is uncle of Larra, who is wife of Viserys. 

And this Rogare guy died before 134 too. So they did not marry for a long time. (Or Aliandra is also cheating on her husband? but I tended to believe she was single when Aryn gained great favor from her)

Then we know in 157, around twenty five years later, Daeron started to conquer Dorne and Aryn was his main supporter (many people were against this) and he helped him by designing the war, breaking Planky town and blocking the green blood river and killing thousands of Dornish people. 

At this moment, it is likely the son of Aliandra on the seat since they said Prince of Dorne bent the knee to Daeron. 

Was it too cruel to do this for your ex-lover? Ruined her country and fought with her son? Aryn could have stopped Daeron or remained less active in this war, but he is very very active in the conquering of Dorne. 

Why I smelt something like Criston Cole here?

and also I found something like a bug here. 

So larra wedded viserys in 134. Then she and viserys went to Westeros with her brothers. Her brothers are supposed to be ambitious and were involved in many things in court. And it caused a besiege of red Keep. 

However, Right after they married in 134, her daddy lysandro called himself a maegister for life, then somehow he died in 134, and his brother, who is Aliandra's husband, died almost at the same time as him in 134 too.

The the downfall of rogare family started. And her elder brother was doing a lot of bad stuff in Lys and eventually was killed in Lys and younger brother was also punished. He later took revenge to fight with Lys. It sounds like they are in Lys most of the time. 

Are these brothers are same brothers who went to court with Larra?

Ok, so I was checking the conquering of Dorne,then I noticed that Princess Aliandra Martell took the seat right after the dance of dragons. 

At that moment she was a young and fiery woman and thought herself as new Nymeria. 

Then at some point in his first voyage, Aryn stopped at Sunspear twice (on both legs of his voyage) and it looks like they were in love

It's only said that she showed great favour to him. His feelings towards her aren't mentioned at all, so I wouldn't be that sure about that.

It's only said that she showed great favour to him. His feelings towards her aren't mentioned at all, so I wouldn't be that sure about that.

he stopped both before and after the voyage and he "gained" her great favor. 

I feel it was hinted that it is mutual. 

Dorne is a separate country, actually aryn has not much obligation to personally meet her in his voyage.  

he stopped both before and after the voyage and he "gained" her great favor. 

I feel it was hinted that it is mutual. 

Dorne is a separate country, actually aryn has not much obligation to personally meet her in his voyage.  

It's Alyn, not Aryn. ;)

If you travel by ship, you need to berth from time to time. There was no war between the Martells and the Targaryens at that time, so why not at Sunspear?

Apparently Alyn was a bold guy and Aliandra liked such men, so she might have had a thing for him, but that doesn't mean that Alyn was impressed or attracted as well. In my opinion, Yandel would have phrased it differently if there had been rumours about an affair. And even if Alyn was attracted to Aliandra, it doesn't mean that they loved each other.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. :P

She wasn't scorned, she just likes breaking things, like Planky Town...and my heart

Anyway, what's up with all these grown ass men like Alyn and Criston Cole acting like petty middle schoolers after a breakup? Kingmaker? More like Dramamaker, amirite? 

It's Alyn, not Aryn. ;)

If you travel by ship, you need to berth from time to time. There was no war between the Martells and the Targaryens at that time, so why not at Sunspear?

Apparently Alyn was a bold guy and Aliandra liked such men, so she might have had a thing for him, but that doesn't mean that Alyn was impressed or attracted as well. In my opinion, Yandel would have phrased it differently if there had been rumours about an affair. And even if Alyn was attracted to Aliandra, it doesn't mean that they loved each other.

sure. Technically it can be pure friendship too. Nothing romantic. 

But if it was written in the history, it does sound special. And Alyn was not a faithful guy as we know from Longwaters so there is even higher chance. 

She wasn't scorned, she just likes breaking things, like Planky Town...and my heart

Anyway, what's up with all these grown ass men like Alyn and Criston Cole acting like petty middle schoolers after a breakup? Kingmaker? More like Dramamaker, amirite? 

Definitely right. People in this story really know how to throw tantrums. 

(Obviously Aryn was cheating his wife Baela, but anyway, this is not the point)

Aliandra somehow married a member from House Rogare, who is uncle of Larra, who is wife of Viserys. 

And this Rogare guy died before 134 too. So they did not marry for a long time. (Or Aliandra is also cheating on her husband? but I tended to believe she was single when Aryn gained great favor from her)

Then we know in 157, around twenty five years later, Daeron started to conquer Dorne and Aryn was his main supporter (many people were against this) and he helped him by designing the war, breaking Planky town and blocking the green blood river and killing thousands of Dornish people. 

At this moment, it is likely the son of Aliandra on the seat since they said Prince of Dorne bent the knee to Daeron. 

Was it too cruel to do this for your ex-lover? Ruined her country and fought with her son? Aryn could have stopped Daeron or remained less active in this war, but he is very very active in the conquering of Dorne. 

Why I smelt something like Criston Cole here?

and also I found something like a bug here. 

So larra wedded viserys in 134. Then she and viserys went to Westeros with her brothers. Her brothers are supposed to be ambitious and were involved in many things in court. And it caused a besiege of red Keep. 

However, Right after they married in 134, her daddy lysandro called himself a maegister for life, then somehow he died in 134, and his brother, who is Aliandra's husband, died almost at the same time as him in 134 too.

The the downfall of rogare family started. And her elder brother was doing a lot of bad stuff in Lys and eventually was killed in Lys and younger brother was also punished. He later took revenge to fight with Lys. It sounds like they are in Lys most of the time. 

Are these brothers are same brothers who went to court with Larra?

Alyn, not Aryn :) 

Nothing suggests that Alyn and Aliandra were in love. Nor is it in any way confirmed whether Aliandra had a child, and whether that child lived long enough to inherit Dorne. 

We have no idea how many brothers Larra had. Two are mentioned by name, but she easily could have had more brothers, who just haven't been identified yet

Archived