The Kight of the Laughing Tree was Eddard

Floki of the Ironborn

Because Ned was not "short of stature", and if he wanted to teach someone a lesson of honour, he didn't need a disguise to do so.

I was referring to a specific argument... Not the general one.

Repeating yourself for the 20th time isn't convincing for either.

I really don't understand the hang up people have with Ned being a mystery knight. It's not underhanded sinister evil...

Is Dunk evil for being a mystery knight? Is Barristan? Why would Ned's honor prevent him from doing the same as them?

It is not about being underhanded or evil , it is about being true to the character.

Ned has o need or time for playing "games". If he felt that he needed to teach these men a lesson, he would do it as Ned Stark, son of Winterfell, not as some masked knight.

Ned has no need nor want to dress up and hide is identity.

It is not about being underhanded or evil , it is about being true to the character.

Ned has o need or time for playing "games". If he felt that he needed to teach these men a lesson, he would do it as Ned Stark, son of Winterfell, not as some masked knight.

Ned has no need nor want to dress up and hide is identity.

So it's impossible that the death of his entire family, lost love, 2 wars, 18 years and 5 kids has altered his personality?

Doesn't that make Ned unrealistically stagnant?

So it's impossible that the death of his entire family, lost love, 2 wars, 18 years and 5 kids has altered his personality?

According to Robert, it didn't, at least not that aspect: "you were never the boy you were". Bob might not have been the sharpest hammer in the armory, but if he observed that his best friend had always been a serious, solemn dude, I see no reason to disbelieve him. Especially as nobody ever contradicted that.

And, again, seriously what would be the bloody point? In-universe, for Ned Stark to dispense justice anonymously? Plotwise, why would GRRM invent the Knight of the Laughing Tree story, instead of doing simple "and then the quiet wolf challenged the porcupine knight, the pitchfork knight and the knight of the two towers, kicked arse and spoke in a booming voice: 'Teach your squires honor'"?

Lyanna is 14 years old, has no formal joust training that we know of and she does not have a booming voice that we know of.

People that believe Lyanna was KotLT have no problem over coming any of these problems but find it inconceivable that Ned can't be considered short of stature or would fight as mystery knight. I find that humorous

Doesn't that make Ned unrealistically stagnant?

14 years. 

Lyanna is 14 years old, has no formal joust training that we know of and she does not have a booming voice that we know of.

People that believe Lyanna was KotLT have no problem over coming any of these problems but find it inconceivable that Ned can't be considered short of stature or would fight as mystery knight. I find that humorous

I don't have a booming voice, either, but can project one when necessary.

And Ned can't be considered short because he is never ever described as short.

It's funny the way a metal can on top of your head can amplify sound.

These also apply to Ned. 

That's not very accurate. First, we know Ned was fostered in the Vale, where the customs of a knight are held closely. Robb and Jon have joust training too. So it's easier to assume Ned had training than it is that Lyanna did. Second, it's stated a few times that Ned taught Jon and Robb about having a loud voice on the battlefield. So again, easier to assume Ned has a loud booming voice than it is for Lyanna.

My point continues to get made. People who think Lyanna was KotLT can find anyway to over come reasons for Lyanna possibly not being KotLT.

My point continues to get made. People who think Lyanna was KotLT can find anyway to over come reasons for Lyanna possibly not being KotLT.

You haven't asked yourself those questions, have you?

You haven't asked yourself those questions, have you?

You can go on forever I doubt they will come around.  I think a more interesting topic of conversation concerning tkotlt is that we have been told on multiple occasions in the books that a person cannot put on full plate armor by themselves.  I believe this confirms the theory that Benjen knows, because it would have been him who helped Lyanna.

The books are not real life.  Fireballs son had no formal jousting training either, yet he won an entire tourney without so much as being struck.

I think a more interesting topic of conversation concerning tkotlt is that we have been told on multiple occasions in the books that a person cannot put on full plate armor by themselves.  I believe this confirms the theory that Benjen knows, because it would have been him who helped Lyanna.

Yeah, I think that Benjen was her "partner in crime" here, just like he was in the secret sparring sessions. Besides, he was the one who offered to obtain armour for Howland, right?

It's funny that Brienne's muffled hers.

And where was Brienne trying to make herself heard above the crowds?

Archived