Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

I actually love more the though more of Robb grieving his brothers and marrying the girl because of honor than him drinking a love potion. I think it humanizes him more. I believe if we suddenly find out he did it because of a love potion he would become too much the Young Wolf, a figure of songs :dunno: But that is my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

No the worst is how he even gets the Value to follow him. "Hey Yohn, I don't know how but Sansa (the girl who you and the rest of the Value lords vowed protect and was last seen with me heading for the North) is somehow the Boltons captive let's go save her!"

This conversation should actually only be possible in a comedy with absurd humor. I am really starting to think you should :cheers: before and during watching the episode and thinking it of a (bad) parody on what it should be. It might be funny (after some drinks)

Well tbh, Jaime at that point in the books didn't care much about what anyone thought of him ( outwardly, anyway) and HAD tossed Bran out the window. It wasn't until after the hand- lopping and time with Brienne that he began to shift. 

I'm still quite vexed about how they changed/dropped the Tysha story. In the show, they aged Tyrion up from 13 to 16 and had Jaime more complicit in Tywin's "sharp lesson." That they didn't let Jaime unburden himself / confess/ set the record straight to his little brother and later vow to split brother in half -- that's all on the writers. 

At every intersection, they've taken a wrong turn. 

1 minute ago, TepidHands said:

I'm still quite vexed about how they changed/dropped the Tysha story. In the show, they aged Tyrion up from 13 to 16 and had Jaime more complicit in Tywin's "sharp lesson." That they didn't let Jaime unburden himself / confess/ set the record straight to his little brother and later vow to split brother in half -- that's all on the writers. 

I think I missed something. How did they made Jaime more complicit?

Jaime cared even then, he took us back to the things he thought at the time. He was reflecting on all of that while he was locked up. And he keeps reflecting in his POVs. Same with Sandor, it wasn't a case of becoming someone new, but getting back to who he used to be. That person he used to be was always there, just buried deep for a time.

The show runners are using their rights to twist and turn character the way they want them to. Cersie is Carol  and understandable mom who every child should hope to have. Ned is a boyscout nice guy and that makes him a fool. Tyrion is a picked on Saintly creature who is the victim of bullying because he is a deformed dwarf. Sansa is a suck up priss that needs to be punished repeatedly for all us that were turned down by ones just like her etc. Jaime is the good looking jock that picked on others his whole life because he thought he was so much better. It goes on and on, Stannis, Briene, Robb etc..

20 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

If nothing is nothing to D&D then why didn't Stannis take WF? Oh wait cause it does mean something to them

I think what they are going for with the nothing is nothing, and Brienne the Brute Killing Someone Doing Something Useful, and beetles, and the like, is that life is meaningless. There's no point to any of this. So it doesn't matter how one does something, or who does something, those things that matter very much, those things that give a story meaning, they don't matter on the show. They are mocking the whole thing. Nothing is just nothing.

So it's the opposite of what Faulkner said matters, "the old verities and truths of the heart, the old universal truths lacking which any story is ephemeral and doomed - love and honor and pity and pride and compassion and sacrifice" - nothing matters at all. So why not have Fansa betray her family by marrying family killers. Why not have LF be hero of the North. Why not have Stannis burn his only heir because of 2" of snow, with a lake full of fish nearby.

Nothing is just nothing.

The show runners are using their rights to twist and turn character the way they want them to. Cersie is Carol an understandable mom who every child should hope to have. Ned is a boyscout nice guy and that makes him a fool. Tyrion is a picked on Saintly creature who is the victim of bullying because he is a deformed dwarf. Sansa is a suck up priss that needs to be punished repeatedly for all us that were turned down by ones just like her etc. Jaime is the good looking jock that picked on others his whole life because he thought he was so much better. It goes on and on, Stannis, Briene, Robb etc..

2 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

The show runners are using their rights to twist and turn character the way they want them to. Cersie is Carol an understandable mom who every child should hope to have. Ned is a boyscout nice guy and that makes him a fool. Tyrion is a picked on Saintly creature who is the victim of bullying because he is a deformed dwarf. Sansa is a suck up priss that needs to be punished repeatedly for all us that were turned down by ones just like her etc. Jaime is the good looking jock that picked on others his whole life because he thought he was so much better. It goes on and on, Stannis, Briene, Robb etc..

Where did the whole "Sansa reminds D&D of someone who dumped them" come from?

2 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

I think what they are going for with the nothing is nothing, and Brienne the Brute Killing Someone Doing Something Useful, and beetles, and the like, is that life is meaningless. There's no point to any of this. So it doesn't matter how one does something, or who does something, those things that matter very much, those things that give a story meaning, they don't matter on the show. They are mocking the whole thing. Nothing is just nothing.

So it's the opposite of what Faulkner said matters, "the old verities and truths of the heart, the old universal truths lacking which any story is ephemeral and doomed - love and honor and pity and pride and compassion and sacrifice" - nothing matters at all. So why not have Fansa betray her family by marrying family killers. Why not have LF be hero of the North. Why not have Stannis burn his only heir because of 2" of snow, with a lake full of fish nearby.

Nothing is just nothing.

they could have built up the battle for this season consdidering Hardhome used up over 75% of budget and gave Stannis a much better send off than what we saw.

1 minute ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

"revenge of the nerds" holywood style. Bryan Cogman's title for the episode, honoring Tyrion and then what happend to Sansa, it

19 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Jaime cared even then, he took us back to the things he thought at the time. He was reflecting on all of that while he was locked up. And he keeps reflecting in his POVs. Same with Sandor, it wasn't a case of becoming someone new, but getting back to who he used to be. That person he used to be was always there, just buried deep for a time.

That is true :D

LOL, everyone is here doubleposting? Weird. Except me? 

1 minute ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

they could have built up the battle for this season consdidering Hardhome used up over 75% of budget and gave Stannis a much better send off than what we saw.

"revenge of the nerds" holywood style. Bryan Cogman's title for the episode, honoring Tyrion and then what happend to Sansa, it

REALLY?!!!

Archived