Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

Maybe Tormund will kill Olly, or Mel, she probably doesn't like potatoes to begin with.  My guess all Jon's NW enemies will be dead before Arya gets back to Westeros inthe book and the show.  Or, Ghost could do it, then he would be a 'bad dog' for killing an innocent child wronged by Jon Snow, and it will be okay when Ramsay kills him.  

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Or, Ghost could do it, then he would be a 'bad dog' for killing an innocent child wronged by Jon Snow, and it will be okay when Ramsay kills him.  

That's what I think. Ghost kills Olly -> bad man-eating wolf -> Ghost gets killed. That's what I believeis their solution to the Olly mess.

I'm sure that Olly's death is going to be played up as a huge moment, he will get a better death scene than 75% of the cast, it will not only be sad, but shocking and dynamic.  And then they will blab out it in their vanity Inside The Episode monologues.

1 minute ago, Myrish Swamp-Thing said:

You're forgetting that dogs in fiction play by other rules. It doesn't matter if he did something bad: nobody likes to see dogs die, and a lot of times it gets to the "feels" more than the humans do. Ding & Dong sure as hell count on this.

Children also fall under that special rule: no?

2 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm sure that Olly's death is going to be played up as a huge moment, he will get a better death scene than 75% of the cast, it will not only be sad, but shocking and dynamic.  And then they will blab out it in their vanity Inside The Episode monologues.

Maybe Olly gets killed while he's crying and repenting his participation in Jon's stabbing. Yeah, shocking, dynamic, titillating, exciting, and hugely dramatically satisfying, where the titillating bit will be provided by a naked Mel dancing around.

Why does Olly have to be a child? If he wasn't a child, I would have the possibility to plan a lot of revenge plots. Now I even feel guilty to hope for Ghost to kill Olly. 

16 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Just realized: the "boys don't cry" attitude is probably why they didn't go for grief-sex with Jeyne Westerling for Robb. It's not "manly" enough.

Probably is this also the reason why Jon and Robb both not really know their brothers were dead or knew they were alive. It is rather complicated who knows what in the show. The books are much easier: Ramsay, Roose(?), Wyman, Robett, Theon, Sam, the Liddle, Wex, Davos and other people who were told in a sneaky way. I do not know who knows what in the show. They even knew it without it is us told on screen. Maybe LF even knows it?

But yeah falling for the progressive nurse is so much better story-telling than Robb grieving his brothers, a girl comforting him, him marrying her because of her honor and dying for it. It also completely ignores the fact he actually uses her family as a replacement for his family (Raynald for Jon/Theon, Jeyne's little brother for Bran/Rickon) which is in fact also a part of him grieving. 

(I must admit why I liked Jeyne, she only got really my admiration after the moment where she fights for her crown, not because she wants to be queen but because Robb gave it to her. :crying:

2 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

Children also fall under that special rule: no?

Yeah, like I said, it is irritating he is a child. 

Okay, now I am wondering. I totally don't like Olly while at the same time I cannot make myself hating Bowen and the others which should be weird? I do not really want Bowen dead? But Olly ...

Who the fuck knows with this show? Maybe Olly won't die at all, and zombieJon can have a nice chat with him and tell him he totally gets it b/c 'he failed' the little shit. 

1 minute ago, Myrish Swamp-Thing said:

Not so sure. Look no further than this thread: we want Olly to die cruelly, right? :lol

Yes, but we are out of the mainstream, LOL, unless it's a devil/possessed/zombie child, the standard is, child deaths are more emotional...that's why they cast Olly in the first place, emotional manipulation to throw a child in there.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Maybe Olly gets killed while he's crying and repenting his participation in Jon's stabbing. Yeah, shocking, dynamic, titillating, exciting, and hugely dramatically satisfying, where the titillating bit will be provided by a naked Mel dancing around.

Yeah: and he's allowed to cry since he's still not a grown man.

Just now, Le Cygne said:

Proud to Want Olly to Die. Quickly would be nice. But die. None of these characters seem remotely real, so he's just Jon Snow's Killer. Olly Potato Head, die, die, die.

Wun Wun could just smash Olly's head between his giant (lol) hands and then yell:

"We have mash for dinner tonight!" :lol:

3 minutes ago, Davros Seaworth said:

I'd rather Olly not have existed in the first place, then exist and get killed. It doesn't solve the problem, at all.

It ends the pain.  Like w/Talisa at the RW, at least then it was over.

Archived