Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

36 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

NEEDLE IS JON SNOW'S SMILE! End of story.

Needle is REVENGE, as so often is the case with every. character. in. GOT. 

I'm back! After a hard-working week, ready to rant and rave about our favorite creations, Fansa, Larry and the whole gang. And Arya killing Trant by stabbing his eyes, what's next, she's going to chop Freys and put them in pies? Well, that does seem to follow the whole merging characters bit. 

2 minutes ago, sweetsunray said:

The Jaime is a mosnter line just made think of something... The BwB are bad guys too, right? Maybe they put them in the "bad guys" category, because Jaime joins them?

I honestly have no idea where they're going with Jaime. I think they'll off him much sooner than Martin. Whether s 6 or 7, I don't know but I won't be shocked if it happens this year. Maybe he'll be Doing Something Useful by episode 10? We know what happens to those characters, they get smashed my Brienne the Brute. 

As to the BwB... I'm not sure if these new outlaws 'who were for the people until they turned on the people' = the BwB. Because I haven't read anything about any of the original BwB actors being involved. Sure, it's GoT, so maybe they all got recast. Who the fuck knows. But it's a conundrum, really. If they are the BwB, what happened to them? Are we getting now "collective 180°s"? The show's become really good at the individual 180°s, maybe they thought it was time to push the envelope and do it to a whole group of people. And if they're not the BwB, who are they? Just a random group of people? How will we get their backstory? That is, if we're getting any at all. Lieutenant Septon Meribrother is with a group of "peaceniks", according to Ian McShane, so it's not them. Yeah, no idea whatsoever. 

It was bad enough that they made Meryn into a pedophile just to remind the audience that he's a bad guy (using modern morality in a show set within a medieval/early modern feudal society, in a world where girls are wedded and bedded after their first period, a pedophile is shocking and evil...even the brothel owner was shocked that Meryn was a pedophile, she should've encountered a few before considering the world she lives in and her profession) and tip the moral scales to Arya's side so her killing him is justified, but then D&D had to go and assume the audience is retarded and STILL wouldn't get that Meryn is supposed to be bad, so they made him a sadistic pedophile. Yeah, only now is the audience not with him and they'll cheer when he gets Tarantino'd, which they did, people applauded Arya instead of wondering if she's going too far. Everyone praises the show for breaking down cliches and the wholly-good/wholly-evil tropes in characters, that the characters are complex and morally ambiguous, but it's not true, the show is stuffed with over-the-top, one-dimensional good guys that the audience can cheer for and over-the-top bad guys that the audience can boo at. 

5 minutes ago, Alayne's Shadow. said:

Needle is REVENGE, as so often is the case with every. character. in. GOT. 

I'm back! After a hard-working week, ready to rant and rave about our favorite creations, Fansa, Larry and the whole gang. And Arya killing Trant by stabbing his eyes, what's next, she's going to chop Freys and put them in pies? Well, that does seem to follow the whole merging characters bit. 

They really are pushing the revenge thing huh? Sansa, Ellaria, Brienne....

In the books there's vengeance too, but there are also people that speak against it, people who send a message about how it doesn't solve anything. Is that in the show too? I can't remember.

4 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

but there are also people that speak against it, people who send a message about how it doesn't solve anything. Is that in the show too? I can't remember.

Maybe they'll have the peacenicks do that.

5 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

They really are pushing the revenge thing huh? Sansa, Ellaria, Brienne....

In the books there's vengeance too, but there are also people that speak against it, people who send a message about how it doesn't solve anything. Is that in the show too? I can't remember.

Well, in the books Cat is one of the most fervent advocates for peace. Show wise, she tells Robb that "they'll kill them all" or some such nonsense. I don't recall anyone speaking for peace at any point. 

6 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Well, in the books Cat is one of the most fervent advocates for peace. Show wise, she tells Robb that "they'll kill them all" or some such nonsense. I don't recall anyone speaking for peace at any point. 

Ah yes, you're right. I was confused because whenever I think of Cat's book quotes I see Michelle Fairley, lol.

But anyway, yeah. The show is totally overdoing the revenge stuff and without the critiques from the book. They pick and choose what they include and they're morphing the message into something else.

16 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

Ah yes, you're right. I was confused because whenever I think of Cat's book quotes I see Michelle Fairley, lol.

But anyway, yeah. The show is totally overdoing the revenge stuff and without the critiques from the book. They pick and choose what they include and they're morphing the message into something else.

that revenge stuff reminds me how they handled the death of Ser Barristan. Dany is sad (ok! That's normal) BUT decides she is going to burn some poeple randomly and without a trial. (When in the first episodes they focus a lot on justice). They decided to do this because Quentin being burnt was shocking and had to be in the show??? 

Then, after that moment of (IMO) excessive empowerment, she decides she is going to marry Hizz, making her vulnerable again.

Sometimes I wonder if they are making her mad in the show on purpose (if she is going to become crazy at the end because the way they make her react sometimes is not normal, or, maybe, could be understood as normal, but then, she shouldn't change her views on politics/justice so often!!)

this is applicable to 5.9. Stannis, too.

1 minute ago, Meera of Tarth said:

that revenge stuff reminds me how they handled the death of Ser Barristan. Dany is sad (ok! That's normal) BUT decides she is going to burn some poeple randomly and without a trial. (When in the first episodes they focus a lot on justice). They decided to do this because Quentin being burnt was shocking and had to be in the show??? 

Then, after that moment of (IMO) excessive empowerment, she decides she is going to marry Hizz, making her vulnerable again.

Sometimes I wonder if they are making her mad in the show on purpose (if she is going to become crazy at the end because the way they make her react sometimes is not normal, or, maybe, could be understood as normal, but then, she shouldn't change her so often!!)

this is applicable to 5.9. Stannis, too.

Many characters do 180°s; sometimes from one episode to the next, but even from one scene to the next! And as I said above, now there's a chance of a collective 180° with the BwB turning on the people they were protecting. Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh! :bang:

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Many characters do 180°s; sometimes from one episode to the next, but even from one scene to the next! And as I said above, now there's a chance of a collective 180° with the BwB turning on the people they were protecting. Aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhh! :bang:

D&D probably would'nt see it as 180°. Apparently BwB sell of anyone for money to anyone who pays. :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, aliasocfan said:

Except for Lady Stoneheart..... she doesn't fit in the show. 

They will probably use Arya, Sansa (or the new outlaws who will be like BWB2.0) to fill the gap of LSH.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

They will probably use Arya, Sansa (or the new outlaws who will be like BWB2.0) to fill the gap of LSH.

Oh I'm sure. They are not lacking in revenge driven lunatics department. 

if your avatar is actually Allison Mack, amazing. I love it. 

6 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

Oh I'm sure. They are not lacking in revenge driven lunatics department. 

if your avatar is actually Allison Mack, amazing. I love it. 

FakeLSH and Brienne hanging, I think they will go that way...

Chloe from Smallville, yes! A great female character and AM an amazing actress, Chloe made Clark who he is in Sv universe

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

LSH and Brienne hanging, I think they will go that way...

Chloe from Smallville, yes! A great female character and amazing actress, she made Chlark who he is in Sv universe

yes. I shipped Clark and Chloe so hard on Smallville. yeah I don't care they weren't in the comics. 

Sadly that's something really missing on this show. They are no couples you really root for. Their sad attempt to mimic Outlander with their anachronistic nurse didn't work as well as they hoped. 

3 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

yes. I shipped Clark and Chloe so hard on Smallville. yeah I don't care they weren't in the comics. 

Sadly that's something really missing on this show. They are no couples you really root for. Their sad attempt to mimic Outlander with their anachronistic nurse didn't work as well as they hoped. 

Really? Me too! They were meant for each other! I secretly hoped that Chloe would become Lois at the end (and vice versa). But that's not important. Actions speak louder than words. They tried to get rid of Chloe many times, but the character had so much power, they couldn't. Chloe was the perfect match (and the one who really saved the show) even in Finale. 

I haven't watched Outlander but many people comment on it in this thread. I should watch it, definitely.

The only couple I root for in the show (realistically) is Brienne and Jaime. But after S5 I don't know what they'll do. I only have the Tarth gaze. I prefer the books a lot a lot more, always, in general, but especially concerning "love stories".

1 hour ago, A Bong of Ice and Fire said:

D&D totally ruined Roose Bolton's character. I mean he didn't even take one leech bath on the show. 

book: "Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother."

show: "I love you son <3"

Archived