Rant and Rave Without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers

HexMachina

4 hours ago, dsug said:

Idk I took the Trant scene as her kind of forsaking her assassin training and letting her emotions get the best of her. "No one" is the cold, efficient killer. Arya stark is still all stabby stabby lol. 

No, "Arya" is the cold efficient killer. It was her plan that she executed smoothly.

Spoiler

“You’ll need to carry me.”

See? thought Mercy. You know your line, and so do I.

“Think so?” asked Arya, sweetly.

Arya has changed since the Red Wedding. By "stabby stabby" I mean that the way she operates is wild and impulsive. A contrast to how she is in ADWD and her sample chapter. 

She wouldn't "forsake" the FM training. Their ideals maybe, but not the skills she learned lol. That's the whole reason she's in Braavos.

3 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

No, "Arya" is the cold efficient killer. 

She wouldn't "forsake" the FM training. Their ideals maybe, but not the skills she learned lol. That's the whole reason she's in Braavos.

Exactly! Why else even bother to get her to Braavos. If she's to reject to kill with calculation. Then they might as well kept her to hang Freys in the RL and stab Walder Frey's eyes out.

7 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

I think that might have been true after S4. But S5 messed up character arcs so much - Sansa, Brienne, Stannis, Jaime, and for me Arya as well (by going the butcher's route). You'd have to completely forget what happened to these characters in S5, and not even the best writers can make me forget that abomination. :(

Yes, there would be continuity issues, or make all of them forget evrything that happened last season. But I would prefer that to what's coming....

Arya........they don't know the character at all! The way she killed Meryn Trant, it was not about revenge or  Syrio, it was about having bloody pleausure torturing him! And they made him a pedophile to justify the shocking moment! Because it had to be bloody schocking.... 

Book Arya would have been more hygienic and down to earth in the killing.

Who knows how will she kill Walder Frey! Jack the butcher?

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

Been working so I didn't realise... it's the fucking weekend, hence, we'll get 'visitors'. Broom's behind the door. 

Yup, visitors galore... including one who thinks he can get away with it by being ironic, but still slip in emmy's and millions of fans. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Arya........they don't know the character at all! The way she killed Meryn Trant, it was not about revenge or  Syrio, it was about having bloody pleausure torturing him! And they made him a pedophile to justify the shocking moment! Because it had to be bloody schocking.... 

Who knows how will kill Walder Frey! Jack the butcher?

Who knows... maybe she goes Sweeney Todd and bake him into a pie... at least we'll have a Frey pie. Then they can check that of the list as well.

1 minute ago, sweetsunray said:

Yup, visitors galore... including one who thinks he can get away with it by being ironic, but still slip in emmy's and millions of fans. :rolleyes:

It's always the same, especially on weekends. The trick is, ignore, report the post. B/c replying only makes it worse. We were getting really good at just ignoring. I think if we stick to it they'll grow bored and leave for good. 

10 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Yes, there would be continuity issues, or make all of them forget evrything that happened last season. But I would prefer that to what's coming....

As opposed to all the characters they get, like Jaime, Brienne, Stannis... Wait. :P

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Fansa as Stoneheart and Arya as Wyman... 

"Why the hell not?" < find myself saying that a LOT when talking about GoT. 

They're kids anyway... not yet fully fixed personalities... so they can be anyone, right? (NOT!)

Just now, kissdbyfire said:

Anyone can be anyone, nothing is just nothing. And beetles and wheels. Oh dear me, so so painful. 

Well, anyone can be anyone... Jaquen and the wiaf can be Arya too. They showed us that by letting them have her face while she's alive. And if anyone can be anyone then everyone is "no one".

I've been preparing myself for a Fansa LSH since last year's trailer when LF tells her "avenge them"......

I'd like to see Lsh and they are aware that many people would like to, so if they decide to go that way they are going to destroy everything by making Sansa Lsh or Arya instead.....I don't know which option is worse

19 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

The only thing I really appreciated about Arya's parts last season was the Needle scene. It was perfect. I felt like Maisie really communicated the feelings of sadness and the conflict within Arya. Then D&D decided to do that Inside the Episode and say Needle was revenge. :tantrum:

12 minutes ago, Joan Jett said:

The only thing I really appreciated about Arya's parts last season was the Needle scene. It was perfect. I felt like Maisie really communicated the feelings of sadness and the conflict within Arya. Then D&D decided to do that Inside the Episode and say Needle was revenge. :tantrum:

That was the scene I liked the most of Arya's arc last season. The one when you are feeling what she's feeling.

I liked other scenes too: when Jaqen is telling her she is going to be Lanna, and while he tells that you can see Arya with the wheelbarrow and the oysters, clamps and cockles, and also qhen she discovers the Hall of the Faces (I thought; wow! something from the book!!!).

But only the first seconds of these scenes (<_<), because she discovered the room too early, and at the end, the magical and forbidden aspect that surrounded the book's description of the room and the ritual was completely destroyed. And the scene with the wheelbarrow is not about feelings or emotions, just descriptive, so it's like it doesn't count.

//I didn't watch that Inside The Episode.......so they said that????....:wacko: It's like when they filmed Brienne and Jaime in the bath and the director said that she was a lesbian :blink::blink:

6 hours ago, LadySoftheart said:

Also ... to get back to The Wire - when David Simon shot Season 3, they didn't know if the show would be renewed but each season had its own narrative arc, and the ending of season 3 actually could serve perfectly well as a ending for the show. (I happen to think Season 4 is the best of all, so I'm glad they got renewed but ... you could have had a perfectly satisfactory wrap-up with season 3 too.)

I have grumbled since the very beginning about the pacing of GoT on a season by season basis, and one of the problems is that they are so caught up with their Must Have the Stunning Moment in Episode 9 mindset that they force storylines to conform to that. When you think about Jon's arc in Season 4, it's just stupid delaying to have the Wildling battle in episode 9 when it makes no sense that Jon feels he has to flee the Wildlings RIGHT AT THE END OF SEASON 3, deliver this warning, and then ... sit around and wait for months (at one point Jaime says he's been back in KL for months so assuming time runs the same everywhere ... yes, the Watch sat around for months waiting for this impending Wildling attack. No wonder they didn't prepare!)

Oh my ... I even did not realize this. I am already annoyed by the battle of the Bastard (I don't know but I do not like the idea of Snowbowl just I don't like the idea of Cleganebowl ... I actually am more fan of the idea with Stannis/Northern Lords defeating the Boltons and more specifically I totally do not want Ramsay to get any role in a battle. I just want him die and certainly not fighting. 

About Jaime giving the order to kill Jory vs. killing Jory himself ... There are two actions of Jaime which I cannot forget or forgive and they are crippling my sweet Bran and giving the order to kill Jory and the rest of the Stark guardsmen (and the last one is because I cannot get out my head the image of Ned dragging himself through the mud to Jory's body and cradling it - "When he opened his eyes again, Lord Eddard Stark was alone with his dead. His horse moved closer, caught the rank scent of blood, and galloped away. Ned began to drag himself through the mud, gritting his teeth at the agony in his leg. It seemed to take years. Faces watched from candlelit windows, and people began to emerge from alleys and doors, but no one moved to help. Littlefinger and the City Watch found him there in the street, cradling Jory Cassel's body in his arms.":crying:)

But I am not really sure there is a difference at my anger at Jaime for killing Jory or for giving the order because in both scenarios Jaime is the one responsible. :dunno: I am more angry at D&D for the other things they did to Jaime especially if you also take in account how they whitewash the other Lannisters :bang:

But I must also say the problem with this scene is here that they went (like always) more with shock than emotion. This scene in the books is so sad because of the direct aftermath (f.e. Ned's actions) and not because the BOOM and the BOOM is the only thing they used in the show and you had of course to show Ned fighting Jaime but no time spent for his grief. 

7 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

Oh my ... I even did not realize this. I am already annoyed by the battle of the Bastard (I don't know but I do not like the idea of Snowbowl just I don't like the idea of Cleganebowl ... I actually am more fan of the idea with Stannis/Northern Lords defeating the Boltons and more specifically I totally do not want Ramsay to get any role in a battle. I just want him die and certainly not fighting. 

About Jaime giving the order to kill Jory vs. killing Jory himself ... There are two actions of Jaime which I cannot forget or forgive and they are crippling my sweet Bran and giving the order to kill Jory and the rest of the Stark guardsmen (and the last one is because I cannot get out my head the image of Ned dragging himself through the mud to Jory's body and cradling it - "When he opened his eyes again, Lord Eddard Stark was alone with his dead. His horse moved closer, caught the rank scent of blood, and galloped away. Ned began to drag himself through the mud, gritting his teeth at the agony in his leg. It seemed to take years. Faces watched from candlelit windows, and people began to emerge from alleys and doors, but no one moved to help. Littlefinger and the City Watch found him there in the street, cradling Jory Cassel's body in his arms.":crying:)

But I am not really sure there is a difference at my anger at Jaime for killing Jory or for giving the order because in both scenarios Jaime is the one responsible. :dunno: I am more angry at D&D for the other things they did to Jaime especially if you also take in account how they whitewash the other Lannisters :bang:

But I must also say the problem with this scene is here that they went (like always) more with shock than emotion. This scene in the books is so sad because of the direct aftermath (f.e. Ned's actions) and not because the BOOM and the BOOM is the only thing they used in the show and you had of course to show Ned fighting Jaime but no time spent for his grief. 

I agree, I also hold Jaime responsible for Jory even if he didn't kill Jory himself. And Jaime is one of my faves, way way at the top. Maybe even my #1. I have several #s 1, I think. Another proof of Martin's genius and skill, that we care so much for so many of these wonderful characters he created. I know I'm in the (ample) minority here, but I love Stannis, and when he tells the story about Prowdwing... :crying: It's just so sad, and it gives you such great insight into the character...

And then we have the show. And Jaime. And they had NCW, who is perfect for the part. But Weiss and Benioff see Jaime as a monster, while Tywin is lawful neutral. This just reminded me of one of the worst scenes ever on GoT, and that's Jaime killing Alton (towers) Lannister. WTF. seriously, what the fucking fuck was that? 

16 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

While I understand that, perhaps it's a good thing that D&D didn't go there... I doubt they would think that manly enough... Ya know the "Real men don't cry," yadda yadda. If they had Ned cry they would have written it so strangely that they would have made it as something weak.

4 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I agree, I also hold Jaime responsible for Jory even if he didn't kill Jory himself. And Jaime is one of my faves, way way at the top. Maybe even my #1. I have several #s 1, I think. Another proof of Martin's genius and skill, that we care so much for so many of these wonderful characters he created. I know I'm in the (ample) minority here, but I love Stannis, and when he tells the story about Prowdwing... :crying: It's just so sad, and it gives you such great insight into the character...

And then we have the show. And Jaime. And they had NCW, who is perfect for the part. But Weiss and Benioff see Jaime as a monster, while Tywin is lawful neutral. This just reminded me of one of the worst scenes ever on GoT, and that's Jaime killing Alton (towers) Lannister. WTF. seriously, what the fucking fuck was that? 

The Jaime is a mosnter line just made think of something... The BwB are bad guys too, right? Maybe they put them in the "bad guys" category, because Jaime joins them?

Archived