TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

Just now, HelenaExMachina said:

I'm alone in my flat for the next two weeks as I still have uni but my flat mates have gone home. This will be an interesting test of how well I'm able to keep from slipping into bad habits again

You do realize that this is the opening line to a horror movie?

Just now, ab aeterno said:

You do realize that this is the opening line to a horror movie?

Ha! Well, not quite what I meant, but with the eerie animal noises I hear through my window, the constant moans and groans from upstairs (yes....I will say no more on that front) and what I suspect is a crack house on the corner of the street, it really does seem like I have a horror movie scenario set up here. I think I should be safe though, I'm unlikely to be the one who dies after having sex, and I'm pretty sure I don't qualify for the black character who always dies. Though i could be the expendable girl that makes it to the final 3...

7 hours ago, felice said:

I somehow managed to assume Merry and Pippin were girls when I first read it...

7 hours ago, BB-Rhae said:

lotr was terribly boring. I have no idea how they managed to make such an awesome movie from it. 

I usually try to keep my talking quite and hope that it doesn't bother others :o 

4 hours ago, Eyron said:

Good day all

Still not definitive results from the doc. But the kidneys function was at least good now. So I did some more tests today and now we wait again. I'm feeling ok though, mainly tired, so I am not really worried.

I guess you heard there were bombings this morning in Brussels. I haven't read the latest news but am about to. 

:grouphug: All the luck with the tests.

4 hours ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

Sorry I've been away.  I felt like I was only posting bad stuff and was bringing myself down.  I prefer to be a much more positive person.

So I am feeling better, physically and emotionally so I am back with love for all

:kiss:

Alex and I are working on the new garden area.  We have a nice start on a fairy/gnome village. It still needs more work, but we both enjoy doing it, especially after an hour or more of the hard gardening work. :lol:   He says our back yard needs a tiki bar, since that won't happen, I ordered him a gnome sized one :lol: He'll roll his eyes at it, but secretly love it ;)

Do not feel like you need to censor yourself from us. :grouphug: I am very glad you are feeling better.

Your garden looks beautiful as ever. That godzilla is evil though. :lol:

:lol: He is evil, but if one wants teenage boys to help, one has to make it fun for them too ;)

Mostly, I just censor myself from myself. Negativity has a way of snowballing sometimes. :) 

Work is going well today, not too tired, and the ladies I work with bought me flowers...to plant in my new garden :D (a bunch of daffodils and pretty purple things)  Can't wait!

Helena, my mind has a hard time comprehending what's there to hate about the LOTR movies. :o oh well. 

Lany, the garden looks GORGEOUS! It's so very pretty, you guys did an amazing job! I especially like the gnome and fairy village :) 

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

:lol: He is evil, but if one wants teenage boys to help, one has to make it fun for them too ;)

Mostly, I just censor myself from myself. Negativity has a way of snowballing sometimes. :) 

Work is going well today, not too tired, and the ladies I work with bought me flowers...to plant in my new garden :D (a bunch of daffodils and pretty purple things)  Can't wait!

True about negativity. I admire your determination to stay positive. :)

Daffodils are gorgeous.

I lost the details from your posts, is it still teaching your work consists of?

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

True about negativity. I admire your determination to stay positive. :)

Daffodils are gorgeous.

I lost the details from your posts, is it still teaching your work consists of?

No, I have been at a corporate office of a BIG BANK since July last year. At first I tried to keep teaching part time, but I didn't make the minimum 10 days required to stay on their employment list (and each day lost me a lot of money too, since this pays a lot more)

I like the job (Research and Remediation Analyst) and I really like the people, but I am still a temp and they can't hire me*, but I have applied for and have a second interview in another department next week. My boss called that boss and told him I was awesome and they should consider me :D 

*my boss keeps getting my contract extended, now it is until May 31st. His goal is to extend it until they allow him to hire me...not going to happen.  he was "given" 3 new employees in December, from a different team in the same department---but they lack my experience, so he keeps me until they are trained or the system gets updated or whatever excuse he can think of :P  Also the primary work I was brought in to do has been transferred to the department I am interviewing with next week.

Title issues/litigation is my specialty (ha!).  

Finally, the forum works again. And test week so now I get to waste time on it again.

On ‎20‎-‎3‎-‎2016 at 11:33 PM, BB-Rhae said:

student ticket + movies food pack = €8-10 dependent on how much crap I get. I usually go for water, small popcorn, soft bretzel and some sort of sweets. 

Hide contents

I really didn't like the ending in the books either. What killed this movie was, imo, the amount of empty staring, the misuse of screen time and the overall poor closure of the story. 

Hide contents

Why is this a spoiler? :o 

By the way, does anybody know why Gwendoline Christie gets these absolutely unnecessary, meaningless and empty 3 minute roles in big movies to waste time? (Star Wars, Mockingjay) just wondering :dunno: 

Far cheaper than here then.

Spoiler

I agree with the second point, but I thought it had alright closure. I didn't really notice many empty stares but if I watch it again I'll be sure to pay attention and get very annoyed by it.
They completely wasted Johanna's character too >:(

She was brought in as a last-minute replacement for Mockingjay, IIRC, they probably figured they might as well choose a popular actress.

On ‎21‎-‎3‎-‎2016 at 8:43 AM, The Legend of Cora said:

Hey all,

So my boyfriend and I have challenged each other to getting into our desired physical shape. 

To give myself a nice jump-off, I did 200 squats (4 sets of 50) this evening and now I can barely walk. The plan is to do 200 a day, which I'm not looking forward to, as I'm not a fan of squats. Though I think it will help me tone where I want, so I'm working on staying positive.

Well done, you've already made it further than I would've :P 

On ‎21‎-‎3‎-‎2016 at 9:54 AM, Buckwheat said:

For that price, you might as well buy a collector's edition DVD and watch it repeatedly. :P

That's not at all a bad idea, but the cinema is so more... experience-y. You know what I mean.

9 hours ago, Eyron said:

Good day all

Still not definitive results from the doc. But the kidneys function was at least good now. So I did some more tests today and now we wait again. I'm feeling ok though, mainly tired, so I am not really worried.

Hey, I hope you get the (positive) results soon.

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

No, I have been at a corporate office of a BIG BANK since July last year. At first I tried to keep teaching part time, but I didn't make the minimum 10 days required to stay on their employment list (and each day lost me a lot of money too, since this pays a lot more)

I like the job (Research and Remediation Analyst) and I really like the people, but I am still a temp and they can't hire me*, but I have applied for and have a second interview in another department next week. My boss called that boss and told him I was awesome and they should consider me :D 

*my boss keeps getting my contract extended, now it is until May 31st. His goal is to extend it until they allow him to hire me...not going to happen.  he was "given" 3 new employees in December, from a different team in the same department---but they lack my experience, so he keeps me until they are trained or the system gets updated or whatever excuse he can think of :P  Also the primary work I was brought in to do has been transferred to the department I am interviewing with next week.

Title issues/litigation is my specialty (ha!).  

Well, at least it sounds like your boss values you a lot! Fingers crossed for the interview next week, I am sure you will do great.

8 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

That's not at all a bad idea, but the cinema is so more... experience-y. You know what I mean.

Of course. ;)

15 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

It was a purely theoretical analysis, of course. Cinema food is not only gross but violates the sanctity of the cinema. I usually just bring a bottle of water.

Me too. Maybe a coffee/tea if I've gone straight from uni and been out all day. But woe betide anyone who sits next to me with noisy food. Popcorn is bad enough, but at least there isn't really much rustling of the packaging. But Doritos? Chocolate? People who bring in such noisy foods are deserving of the grossest types of punishment imaginable

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

People aren't fool enou to actually buy their food IN the cinema are they? :o 

A few; not me, though. I think they'd actually make a bigger profit through higher volume if they charged less extortionate prices at the candy bar. I tend to bring in sweets of some kind purchased elsewhere to get me through the ads & trailers, which can last ridiculously long these days.

Soon sooooon... No work, just fun :commie:

I missed that Elg was back! Welcome back and happy humpday :spank:

I mostly just bring a bottle of water to the cinema as well. Sometimes popcorn but then I just eat during the commercials normally. I'm not as picky as some though :P The thing that annoys me is the wrapped candy. Foil screeching and crackling is terrible! And paper wrapping too. And slurping of drinks. 

opposite opinion:

Half the reason I go to the cinema is the food. It's not even the same without the smell of fresh buttery popcorn. It's an essential part of the whole cinema experience. Mostly because popcorn at home never tastes quite like cinema popcorn and the cinema is definitely the only place where they sell that fresh soft bretzel, or the vanilla/chocolate/peanut butter fudge. I don't just go to the cinema to watch a movie, I could absolutely do that at home for free. If I go to the cinema I want the whole package, the movie, the food and the collective experience. Hence, the only the bothers me is when someone tall sits in front of me and I can't see well because I'm relatively petite. And yes, cinema food is overpriced, but to me it's part of the experience and I'm willing to pay for it. Also, here it's not exactly allowed to take food in the cinema room that isn't from the cinema kiosk. Nobody will show you out of course if you sneak in chips or Coke or pre-packed popcorn/nachos or whatever in your bag, but it's considered kinda rude. 

I usually fit drinks and things into a pocket. A 500ml bottle of water just about fits out of sight, but I don't think they care too much tbh. 

Food has never been a part of cinema trips for me, or of the experience. I'm most certainly not a foodie or any kind; I go for the film, which is also why I tend to go on my own. And why I'm in favor of summary execution for people who have their phones our or talk.

Archived