TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Awwww. Need a :grouphug: ?

Nog is still my king, he has nothing to be jealous for.

And ... I am not sure all is well. I have some doubts. Doubtlessly I am just overthinking again, but I cannot pretend to myself that everything is the best it could be. :idea:

:leaving::blushing:

Glad everything is okay with health and welcome to the not-watching club. It is extremely liberating not to have to rant and complain and roll your eyes every week at whatever stupid idea D&D have had this time. ;)

Why cannot I remember what Cute little Aerys was? Whose avatar was that?

Thanks.

Well, that's good for Nog then :P 

Well things are rarely perfect, but they still sound as though they are pretty good right now. And you,mover think things? Never! :o;) 

Cute little Aerys was DV's avatar I think? Because that was adorable

3 minutes ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Thanks.

Well, that's good for Nog then :P 

Well things are rarely perfect, but they still sound as though they are pretty good right now. And you,mover think things? Never! :o;) 

Cute little Aerys was DV's avatar I think? Because that was adorable

Hmmmm, may I annoy you in PM a bit? I expended on the topic up in GenChat, but would rather not give any more details in public. :leaving:

23 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, then let me share a little blushworthy hush-hush very secretly mysterious unknown secret with you, boy king. ;)

Hide contents

:blushing: Promise not to tell anyone!

Hide contents

If you tell anyone, I will not be your friend anymore!

Hide contents

Remember, this is very very secret!

Hide contents

And also very blushworthy. :blushing::blushing::blushing:

Hide contents

Discretion is therefore of utmost importance.

Hide contents

:blushing:

Hide contents

There it goes:

Hide contents

Kissing is hot. :blushing::blushing::blushing::leaving:

That was worth the wait :leer: I shan't tell a soul.

20 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

You should have taken my advice and rebelled. 

Meh. Food is overrated. Pizza and chocolate are okay. Ice cream is alright too. Nothing amazing though. 

:o What's next? Breathing is overrated?

18 hours ago, Eyron said:

You just got the wrong Armstrong. This is the one. Here you go.

You are right, my bad.

Oh, and btw:

:excl: Very Important and Extremely Official Spamperial Announcement :excl:

With season 6 of the show coming up Pebble and I want to remind everyone that spoilers in any form are not allowed, this year even more than usual since we're heading into TWOW territory. Basically, we've decided the following: no S6 spoilers whatsoever, even in spoiler tags (spoiler tags are for seasons 1 to 5). Anything beyond 'I really like/hate the new episode' will be reported, so vague impressions only, nothing concrete or implied whatsoever. You can discuss the new season in the appropriate threads.

(I didn't think anyone was planning on posting spoilers here, but a king should make an announcement every now and then, don't you think?)

41 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Oh, and btw:

With season 6 of the show coming up Pebble and I want to remind everyone that spoilers in any form are not allowed, this year even more than usual since we're heading into TWOW territory. Basically, we've decided the following: no S6 spoilers whatsoever, even in spoiler tags (spoiler tags are for seasons 1 to 5). Anything beyond 'I really like/hate the new episode' will be reported, so vague impressions only, nothing concrete or implied whatsoever. You can discuss the new season in the appropriate threads.

(I didn't think anyone was planning on posting spoilers here, but a king should make an announcement every now and then, don't you think?)

Behold, tyrant! Behold the oppression of your so called rulers!

Look hereupon all ye who invited such tyranny upon yourselves! Behold this affront to liberty and lewdness! This sacrilege against spoilers. And if you wish to see the culprit. simply look upon thine mirrors!

In all seriousness though, I do think banning spoilers in spoiler tags is rather silly, to use the diplomatic term. 

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

Behold, tyrant! Behold the oppression of your so called rulers!

Look hereupon all ye who invited such tyranny upon yourselves! Behold this affront to liberty and lewdness! This sacrilege against spoilers. And if you wish to see the culprit. simply look upon thine mirrors!

In all seriousness though, I do think banning spoilers in spoiler tags is rather silly, to use the diplomatic term. 

Pebble suggested it and I think it's a good extra safety measure. Have you never accidentally opened a spoiler tag, or opened a spoiler tag thinking it was about someting else, or quoted a post containing a spoiler tag and accidentally read the content when you replied to it? For me it's yes to all three, and I'd hate for something like that to happen when the spoiler in question concerns TWOW content. I doubt I'm the only one.
For what it's worth, I wouldn't report a season 6 spoiler in spoiler tags if it's properly identified as such, I'd just request that the poster edit it out. (Anything else would be reported though).

Just now, First of My Name said:

Pebble suggested it and I think it's a good extra safety measure. Have you never accidentally opened a spoiler tag, or opened a spoiler tag thinking it was about someting else, or quoted a post containing a spoiler tag and accidentally read the content when you replied to it? For me it's yes to all three, and I'd hate for something like that to happen when the spoiler in question concerns TWOW content. I doubt I'm the only one.
For what it's worth, I wouldn't report a season 6 spoiler in spoiler tags if it's properly identified as such, I'd just request that the poster edit it out. (Anything else would be reported though).

So what you're saying is that spoiler tags aren't fit for purpose at all, but it doesn't matter that people get spoiled, as long as it's not TWOW?

7 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

So what you're saying is that spoiler tags aren't fit for purpose at all, but it doesn't matter that people get spoiled, as long as it's not TWOW?

What? No. What I'm saying is that given the sensitive nature of spoilers this season Pebbles and I would prefer to avoid mentioning them altogether because someone might get spoiled even if we did use spoiler tags, like in the examples I gave.
I don't know where you get that last part from. Yes, the use of spoiler tags is not a foolproof way to avoid spoilers, but taking extra measures for subjects other than GoT would be ridiculous. It's not only the one subject we ALL want to avoid spoilers for, but if we implemented these rules for every other book, show or game a lot of fun would go out of this thread.

7 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

What? No. What I'm saying is that given the sensitive nature of spoilers this season Pebbles and I would prefer to avoid mentioning them altogether because someone might get spoiled even if we did use spoiler tags, like in the examples I gave.
I don't know where you get that last part from. Yes, the use of spoiler tags is not a foolproof way to avoid spoilers, but taking extra measures for subjects other than GoT would be ridiculous. It's not only the one subject we ALL want to avoid spoilers for, but if we implemented these rules for every other book, show or game a lot of fun would go out of this thread.

Exactly my point. But you'll do it for GoT, despite the fact that a) the show moved into TWOW's timeline last season and b ) the show has its own canon and isn't necessarily going to have any of the same plot points as TWOW anyway. 

Besides, don't count me in that "all," I don't care one way or another about spoilers. :P

7 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

Exactly my point. But you'll do it for GoT, despite the fact that a) the show moved into TWOW's timeline last season and b ) the show has its own canon and isn't necessarily going to have any of the same plot points as TWOW anyway. 

Besides, don't count me in that "all," I don't care one way or another about spoilers. :P

We'll do it for GOT because way more of us will be watching that any other shows and many plot points will be in both S6 and TWOW. Something like Jon Snow's fate will definitely be the same in both.

What the policy last season was is not my concern, I wasn't the Spam king then and had nothing to do with it. (Not to say I disagreed with the rules then, but there's going to be a lot more new material this year than last year, and we want to take that into account).
I think you're one of the few then. If I were to read in advance on this site that Davos dies in the premier or something I would go ballistic :P (Assuming that it wasn't my fault for looking where I shouldn't have).

If more spammers don't like this rule we can adapt the policy, but to be honest your arguments so far aren't really convincing me.

12 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

We'll do it for GOT because way more of us will be watching that any other shows and many plot points will be in both S6 and TWOW. Something like Jon Snow's fate will definitely be the same in both.

What the policy last season was is not my concern, I wasn't the Spam king then and had nothing to do with it. (Not to say I disagreed with the rules then, but there's going to be a lot more new material this year than last year, and we want to take that into account).
I think you're one of the few then. If I were to read in advance on this site that Davos dies in the premier or something I would go ballistic :P (Assuming that it wasn't my fault for looking where I shouldn't have).

If more spammers don't like this rule we can adapt the policy, but to be honest your arguments so far aren't really convincing me.

I'm not arguing, I just think it's arbitrary and a bit pathetic tbh. 

People just need to not quote posts with spoilers if they're not sure.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

That was worth the wait :leer: I shan't tell a soul.

Of course it was. :leer:

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Oh, and btw:

*salutes* Yessir!

3 hours ago, The Kingmaker said:

NEED. MORE. ENERGY. IT'S ONLY MONDAY.

*hands chocolate*

4 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

It sure looked like you were :P 

If more people feel that way we can change it, but we were just trying to avoid people getting spoiled, even if it's by accident.

1 minute ago, Buckwheat said:

Of course it was. :leer:

*salutes* Yessir!

I suppose I shouldn't ask for details? ;) 

See ab, this is how a loyal subject behaves :P 

1 minute ago, First of My Name said:

It sure looked like you were :P 

If more people feel that way we can change it, but we were just trying to avoid people getting spoiled, even if it's by accident.

Nah, I only pointed out that it was inconsistent and arbitrary. I don't really care much what people think, but I do think they should take responsibility for not getting themselves spoiled. If people use spoiler tags that should be enough. 

11 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

I'm with you. The whole point of spoiler tags is to discuss spoiler content. But whatever, I'm not likely to watch anyway

Archived