TTTNE 463 - A Thread for Craziness

RhaenysBee

7 hours ago, Eyron said:

This is the main reason you eventually get yourself a job :lol: You'll find that you can indulge yourself a lot more. See, it's not all bad being an adult!

Good, I excel at indulging myself :P 

36 minutes ago, felice said:

No; I should probably put them on my list 8) I don't watch that much anime; I'm currently on Fullmetal Alchemist.

The regular one or Brotherhood? I've only seen the latter but most people seem to think it's the better version.

4 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

The regular one or Brotherhood? I've only seen the latter but most people seem to think it's the better version.

Regular. I started it ages ago before Brotherhood came out, but wasn't able to get hold of the second half of the series at the time, and now I finally do have it, I'm starting again from the beginning because I realised I didn't remember it well enough to pick up the story half way through. Brotherhood is certainly a more faithful adaptation of the manga, since the manga was still being written when they made the first anime! Maybe we'll get a Game of Thrones: Siblinghood one day...

I disappear for three days and come back and see that, what, four, five people have been posting here? This is outrageous. I rebel.

On 13. 4. 2016 at 1:13 AM, ab aeterno said:

Food sucks

:blink:

On 13. 4. 2016 at 1:42 AM, ab aeterno said:

I mostly only eat because I have to; I don't really take any pleasure in food - never have. Sometimes I miss meals because I'm doing something and I don't notice. :lol:

Do you not, um, get hungry? You know, that feeling when you have not eaten for a long time and were doing something physically demanding? And then do you not take pleasure from that need being satisfied?

On 14. 4. 2016 at 10:59 PM, First of My Name said:

Man, this has been a weird week. I feel like I'm simultaneously starting to get my shit together and losing my grip on the situation.

Your bi-monthly FOMN whine-a-thon in the spoiler tags, feel free to ignore.

Spoiler

Yay for knowing what to study, that is a big thing. Now go get it! ;)

Not being able to talk about everything with your parents is okay. Just make sure they know what they need to, and if you feel you need to share something, do. But I think it is completely okay to not tell them absolutely every detail you think about.

Not being included in plans sucks. But that will change at some point. Have a :grouphug:

On 15. 4. 2016 at 9:03 PM, HelenaExMachina said:

You'll find once you actually are in a situation where budgeting and finance is essential (rather than living with your parents) your spending habits will change and you'll become more money conscious. At least, that is my own experience, and it's how a lot of others I speak to at uni have experienced it

Also when you start working, I am still with my parents, but now that I started working a bit, my understanding of money has changed a lot.

Viena was :leer: fun.

Spoiler

:blushing:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Wait, you were actually expecting more information here?

10 hours ago, felice said:

Regular. I started it ages ago before Brotherhood came out, but wasn't able to get hold of the second half of the series at the time, and now I finally do have it, I'm starting again from the beginning because I realised I didn't remember it well enough to pick up the story half way through. Brotherhood is certainly a more faithful adaptation of the manga, since the manga was still being written when they made the first anime! Maybe we'll get a Game of Thrones: Siblinghood one day...

Do try to watch Brotherhood sometime though, it's great. I still need to watch the original.

Siblinghood would be interesting :lol: A title like that would have a very different meaning when you put it into the context of GOT's most prominent brother-sister relationship ;) 

56 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I disappear for three days and come back and see that, what, four, five people have been posting here? This is outrageous. I rebel.

Do you not, um, get hungry? You know, that feeling when you have not eaten for a long time and were doing something physically demanding? And then do you not take pleasure from that need being satisfied?

Hide contents

Not being able to talk about everything with your parents is okay. Just make sure they know what they need to, and if you feel you need to share something, do. But I think it is completely okay to not tell them absolutely every detail you think about.

Not being included in plans sucks. But that will change at some point. Have a :grouphug:

Also when you start working, I am still with my parents, but now that I started working a bit, my understanding of money has changed a lot.

Viena was :leer: fun.

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

Wait, you were actually expecting more information here?

Agreed, but I'm finding it easier not telling my parents about anything that's going on in my head whatsoever.

Not expecting, but I was certainly hoping :P 

52 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Agreed, but I'm finding it easier not telling my parents about anything that's going on in my head whatsoever.

Not expecting, but I was certainly hoping :P 

Hmph. Well, go with what you feel is okay. Sometimes parents know stuff you thought they did not anyway, so there is that ... :P

Well that sounds overly nosy! :P

(Says the most overy nosy person ever.)

On 14/04/2016 at 1:08 PM, Lany Freelove Strangeways said:

@ab aeterno there are people who are "super tasters" who have more than average taste buds. I wonder if you are the opposite, with fewer than average? 

When I dislike food it tends to be more about texture than taste, but I like plenty of foods well enough. There are plenty of foods I love the taste of. I just don't take that much pleasure from eating. Overall, having to eat is more of a chore than an indulgence. I could go and eat, and get a brief period of satisfaction of, say, 5 minutes, or I could spend the entire time (travel/preparation, eating and resting) doing something more enjoyable. :lol:

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, I get hungry, else I wouldn't eat. But I only really eat for hunger, not for pleasure (sweets aside). I don't take much pleasure from it being satisfied though, no. I just want to get on with something more interesting.

I just don't understand how/why people gush over how wonderful food is, and why there are so many blogs and websites about food. It's very strange to me. Food is food, not art. Nor do I suddenly feel hungry or desirous when I smell food. It's just a thing that humans have to do, like drinking water.

12 hours ago, felice said:

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Do try to watch Brotherhood sometime though, it's great. I still need to watch the original.

Just recently finished Brotherhood. It's good, well written, a strong cast of characters and a strong ending (although it suffers from pacing problems and is longer that it perhaps ought to be. 

It's in my top 10 shows, but IMO it suffers in comparison to some of my highest rated shows because while it can be dark in a traditional sense, it shies away from the darker characters and greyer moralities that can really elevate shows, in my opinion. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Hmph. Well, go with what you feel is okay. Sometimes parents know stuff you thought they did not anyway, so there is that ... :P

Well that sounds overly nosy! :P

(Says the most overy nosy person ever.)

Well when you include like that many spoiler tags the mind begins to wonder what could be inside ;) 

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

I just don't understand how/why people gush over how wonderful food is, and why there are so many blogs and websites about food. It's very strange to me. Food is food, not art. Nor do I suddenly feel hungry or desirous when I smell food. It's just a thing that humans have to do, like drinking water.

Just recently finished Brotherhood. It's good, well written, a strong cast of characters and a strong ending (although it suffers from pacing problems and is longer that it perhaps ought to be. 

It's in my top 10 shows, but IMO it suffers in comparison to some of my highest rated shows because while it can be dark in a traditional sense, it shies away from the darker characters and greyer moralities that can really elevate shows, in my opinion. 

You are on thin ice, young man. Of course food is wonderful. Chocolate, pizza and ice cream alone prove that.

Any possible flaw is made up for by Armstrongs.

2 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Well when you include like that many spoiler tags the mind begins to wonder what could be inside ;)

Well, then let me share a little blushworthy hush-hush very secretly mysterious unknown secret with you, boy king. ;)

Spoiler

:blushing: Promise not to tell anyone!

Spoiler

If you tell anyone, I will not be your friend anymore!

Spoiler

Remember, this is very very secret!

Spoiler

And also very blushworthy. :blushing::blushing::blushing:

Spoiler

Discretion is therefore of utmost importance.

Spoiler

Spoiler

There it goes:

Spoiler

Kissing is hot. :blushing::blushing::blushing::leaving:

You should have taken my advice and rebelled. 

5 hours ago, First of My Name said:

You are on thin ice, young man. Of course food is wonderful. Chocolate, pizza and ice cream alone prove that.

Any possible flaw is made up for by Armstrongs.

Meh. Food is overrated. Pizza and chocolate are okay. Ice cream is alright too. Nothing amazing though. 

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Maybe I did, maybe I did not. ;)

And you, the noble lady foot? How was your weekend?

*desperately tries to kick the thread into motion* Seriously, this pace is pathetic. :P

My weekend has been very nice, thank you.

Noble Lady foot :lol: Yes, I'm very noble even if I don't always look the part. I do the dirty work for the Spampire after all.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Glorious. I mean, of course Joffrey Antoinette is still better, but this comes pretty close.

Your avatars are getting progressively creepier, H.

Oh she matches my mood these days.

Glad all is well in the love life of Bucky. Better not shout too loudly though, Nog will be jealous :P 

:leaving: 

Somehow I lost my quotes. Seems to happen with this fancy new site setup. 

I missed KiDs birthday - Happy Very Belated birthday KiD :cheers: I hope it was just what you wanted :) 

Bucky :whip:   

Just teasing... good for you Bucky :leer: glad you enjoyed Vienna! 

So a few weeks ago I had my lab work done and it came back with elevated creatinine levels, low ALT and GFR of 60. All indications of kidney disease. Doctor said I may just not be hydrated enough ( I drink a ton of water!) so I was scared these last two weeks but managed to up my H2O intake to 3 liters daily and retested a few days ago and everything was pretty much in he normal territory *WHEW*! Talk about anxiety through the roof for two weeks. 

Hope y'all are enjoying life and loving to the fullest. 

I have been waiting for HBO to inform me of a free two months that they usually do every year just in for GoT. No such luck. I will take it as a sign to just not watch since I'm not sure I want to see their version before George's. 

5 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

So a few weeks ago I had my lab work done and it came back with elevated creatinine levels, low ALT and GFR of 60. All indications of kidney disease. Doctor said I may just not be hydrated enough ( I drink a ton of water!) so I was scared these last two weeks but managed to up my H2O intake to 3 liters daily and retested a few days ago and everything was pretty much in he normal territory *WHEW*! Talk about anxiety through the roof for two weeks. 

I have been waiting for HBO to inform me of a free two months that they usually do every year just in for GoT. No such luck. I will take it as a sign to just not watch since I'm not sure I want to see their version before George's. 

Hey Lady O!

I am glad you are ok! Coincidentally, I'm actually going in for a CT scan tomorrow precisely for the kidneys. I also thought I drank plenty of water everyday but I think I need to up the intake too after all.

Still on the fence about watching the show this year... It's going to be hard not to, but I am not very excited about it. I'm leaning towards watching it since there's a 100% chance of spoilers in my circle of online friends anyway :lol:

6 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Glad all is well in the love life of Bucky. Better not shout too loudly though, Nog will be jealous :P 

Maybe you need to jump to the left, and then a step to the right.

Btw, I still think that Joffrey Antoinette and Cute little Aerys are the best avatars the board has seen.

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Awwww. Need a :grouphug: ?

Nog is still my king, he has nothing to be jealous for.

And ... I am not sure all is well. I have some doubts. Doubtlessly I am just overthinking again, but I cannot pretend to myself that everything is the best it could be. :idea:

5 hours ago, Lady Olenna said:

Bucky :whip:   

Just teasing... good for you Bucky :leer: glad you enjoyed Vienna!

:leaving::blushing:

Glad everything is okay with health and welcome to the not-watching club. It is extremely liberating not to have to rant and complain and roll your eyes every week at whatever stupid idea D&D have had this time. ;)

31 minutes ago, Eyron said:

Btw, I still think that Joffrey Antoinette and Cute little Aerys are the best avatars the board has seen.

Why cannot I remember what Cute little Aerys was? Whose avatar was that?

Archived