Rant and Rave without Repercussions - Includes Season 6 Spoilers Part 2

WolfQueenArya

Since when the fuck did the Boltons get so powerful? At the beginning of season 5, Roose was all like "oh woe is us my son, if the other houses rise up against us we're fucked" ("We don't have enough men to hold the North if the other Houses rise up against us. Do you understand that?" - Roose's exact words in the episode) then at the end they have a massive fucking army that roflstomps the greatest military commander in the world, Stannis Baratheon, and his army (after being weakened by their unstoppable 20 good guerillas), and now they're gonna slice through all the houses that are opposed to the Boltons and the wildlings (even though they have much greater numbers), until Littlefinger shows up.

1 minute ago, Le Cygne said:

Yeah, that, too. One of their pals.

And at the same time GRRM never got his cameo in GOT (now he actually is not really that interested anymore. Or he said he had not the time for this? Something like that)

10 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I was just thinking I will be happy with one Mormont Lady supporting the Starks. I do not need anything more. Then I read your post ... why are they getting slaughtered? O right, all hail the Hero of the North! Maybe Batfinger is the Last Hero Reborn? Who knows?

To make it more hugely dramatically satisfying! They have to be brought to the depths of hell each and every season, sometimes several times a season, for anything good to happen. And the good thing quickly turns out just as bad. LF as Hero of the North is not hugely dramatically satisfying, it's a sucker punch.

11 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

I was just thinking I will be happy with one Mormont Lady supporting the Starks. I do not need anything more. Then I read your post ... why are they getting slaughtered? O right, all hail the Hero of the North! Maybe Batfinger is the Last Hero Reborn? Who knows?

We know no king, but the King in The North, whose name is Little Finger.

5 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

And at the same time GRRM never got his cameo in GOT (now he actually is not really that interested anymore. Or he said he had not the time for this? Something like that)

He said he'd like to play poker with Richard Castle. ;)

16 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

We know no king, but the King in The North, whose name is Little Finger.

And they don't get the joke that his finger is little. Both Cat and Sansa called him a "small man" and preferred someone "bigger"...

38 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Ah then maybe they're paying homage, and Lord Mazin will be awesome like Ramsay and LF. :lol:

Craig Mazin was the guy who told them, "You have a massive problem" after seeing the original pilot. 

Gods, what I wouldn't give to get hold of a copy of that thing and send it to the Emmy voters. 

I wish they wouldn't do their cutesey little jokes, like the idiotic Cousin Orson beetle crushing scene, to get back at someone criticizimg them years earlier. 

As soon as Fansa finds out LF helped to kill Ned, LF will say:
"Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. Our marriage is supposed to be a happy occasion. Don't think of it so much as losing a father, but gaining a husband."

3 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

"Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who. Our marriage is supposed to be a happy occasion. Don't think of it so much as losing a father, but gaining a husband."

:rofl:

But I am also crying tears of blood.

(Man, we need that Stephen Colbert emoji to be the sigil of House Rant and Rave 

trying to be polite but worried that the elderly relative you're talking to is going to say something racist," or simply "elf exposing himself in the park."

Exactly my feelings about GoT!)

8 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

A husband who could very well be your father. Can't remember who old is LF in the books. Early 30s, I think. But Gillen looks mid 40s, and Fansa's supposed to be what, 16? 17? Hard to keep track with all the inconsistent ages.

Ages are all out of whack in Westeros. I think the real problem is that she's a stand in for her mother, and she is not romantically attracted to him, either. Neither Sansa nor Cat want anything to do with LF.

(Well, in addition to the fact that he's a psycho who has people tortured and killed because he wants political power and all...)

3 minutes ago, Le Cygne said:

Ages are all out of whack in Westeros. I think the real problem is that she's a stand in for her mother, and she is not romantically attracted to him, either. Neither Sansa nor Cat want anything to do with LF.

(Well, in addition to the fact that he's a psycho who has people tortured and killed because he wants political power and all...)

Yeah, it's just that the idea of LF with Sansa gross me out so much, but you're right. Ages are all out of whack, and more, it doesn't matter really. Coz Rory is in his 40s too, and I'd like that. :wub:

21 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

Craig Mazin was the guy who told them, "You have a massive problem" after seeing the original pilot. 

Gods, what I wouldn't give to get hold of a copy of that thing and send it to the Emmy voters. 

I wish they wouldn't do their cutesey little jokes, like the idiotic Cousin Orson beetle crushing scene, to get back at someone criticizimg them years earlier. 

They are really like big children, no? Putting those inside jokes in their work. GOT actually starts to remind me of the revue done by some members of my faculty.That is also full of inside jokes (mocking some typical habits of the professors, jokes about the law, don't judge about the last one :D). Things which are very funny for law students of our university but any outsider who watch this would probably think of 75% that this is completely not funny and nonsense. But then those revues are made for the law students and not the general audience (unlike GOT => what they are doing is just showing that they are petty and cannot handle any criticism while some of our professors are actually even participating )

The worst part of this inside-joke stuff is there was plenty of stuff they could have "adapted" in place of the beetle scene AND including a familiar name from the book, perhaps MANDERLY? Instead of their buddy, the guy who wrote classics like "The Hangover III" and "The Identity Thief." 

8 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

The worst part of this inside-joke stuff is there was plenty of stuff they could have "adapted" in place of the beetle scene AND including a familiar name from the book, perhaps MANDERLY? Instead of their buddy, the guy who wrote classics like "The Hangover III" and "The Identity Thief." 

They could have had Jaime tell Tyrion the truth about Tysha, ffs! They brought her up multiple times in the first three seasons and then ... Nothing. Because they're meticulous storytellers, of course!

I'm also really tired of the facile pseudo-philosophizing they do on the show. (Nothing is nothing, power is power, the entirety of that interminable beetles speech ...)

8 minutes ago, TepidHands said:

What? I do not which one it was but I think I saw the Hangover with the tiger. It was a little funny because it was just so ridiculous. Good writing ... not really (Okay to be honest, I just remember the tiger. Probably in some years, people will only remember from GOT the dragon or the boobs). 

28 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Yeah, it's just that the idea of LF with Sansa gross me out so much, but you're right. Ages are all out of whack, and more, it doesn't matter really. Coz Rory is in his 40s too, and I'd like that. :wub:

Agreed. And I think we have a lot of company in the liking that department. :) 

6 minutes ago, Tijgy said:

What? I do not which one it was but I think I saw the Hangover with the tiger. It was a little funny because it was just so ridiculous. Good writing ... not really (Okay to be honest, I just remember the tiger. Probably in some years, people will only remember from GOT the dragon or the boobs). 

Or maybe now! :lol: 

"I was accused of giving the plot away, but I just think get a fucking life. It’s only tits and dragons." 

Archived