Acrophobia #23 - "... and the winner is..."

Julia H.

1. 2.    Selecting heavy Walda, Roose? 

You're precious, Walda, sweetling. 

Yay! 

2. 7.   Sweet, handsome, woman. Rare, youthful, profitable woman. Say yes. 

3. 1.   So, happily Walda, really your prodigious waistline's served you. 

4. 3.   "Simple, heavy Walda." 

"Roose, your protection..."

"Walda, stop yapping." 

Honorable mention to 4, which I absolutely love, but technically Roose shouldn't be knowledgeable enough about Walda to say that until after the wedding vows.

Oh, great, I was wondering why no one was voting. :)

There are about 6 hours till the deadline.

I just wanted to say that although I asked you to write Littlefinger's words, some of you apparently want to include Lysa's as well, so I will make that official now: 

You can write or include Lysa's words, too, and if you want an extension so that you can rethink your entry, just let me know. 

First:  3.       "Simple, heavy Walda." "Roose, your protection..." "Walda, stop yapping."

Second:  1.       So, happily Walda, really your prodigious waistline's served you.

Third:  4.       Shy, happy whispers reveal your plumpness was singularly yielding.

Fourth:  2.       Selecting heavy Walda, Roose? You're precious, Walda, sweetling. Yay!

1st - 9.       Shall happily wed, Roose!

You'll pay, Walder...substantially, yes!

2nd - 8.       Sufficiently hefty, we're rich! You plumped wisely. Sincerely yours.

3rd - 3.       "Simple, heavy Walda."

"Roose, your protection..."

"Walda, stop yapping."

4th - 1.       So, happily Walda, really your prodigious waistline's served you.

Sorry about the delay: hectic days.

ROUND FIVE AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1.       So, happily Walda, really your prodigious waistline's served you.  Howlin’ Howland    1+1+1+1+2+1+1+1=9

2.       Selecting heavy Walda, Roose?

You're precious, Walda, sweetling.

Yay!                                          Yomi   1+1+3+3+1+4=13

3.       "Simple, heavy Walda."

"Roose, your protection..."

"Walda, stop yapping."     Emmit   1+1+1+1+1+3+1=9

4.       Shy, happy whispers reveal your plumpness was singularly yielding.  rocksniffer  1+1+1+3+3+1+4=14

5.       She has weighty recommendation, yeasty promise, winsome silliness. Yes!    Castellan    1+1+2+2+1=7

6.       Soon, heir will rise. Year - pregnant with son? .. Yes!      lil’ghost   1+1+1+1=4

7.       Sweet, handsome, woman. Rare, youthful, profitable woman. Say yes.  Aegon the Poached   1+1+2+2+3+2=11

8.       Sufficiently hefty, we're rich! You plumped wisely. Sincerely yours.  Dolorous Gabe  1+1+3+2+1+2+3+4=17

9.       Shall happily wed, Roose!

You'll pay, Walder...substantially, yes!     Lady  Bizzardborn    1+1+1+1+2+3=9

STANDINGS

1.       Dolorous Gabe    45+17=62

2.       Aegon the Poached  49+11=60

3.       Lady Blizzardborn   42+9=51

4.       Castellan   39+7=46

5.       Howlin’ Howland 34+9=43

6.       rocksniffer 27+14=41

7-8.    yomi  26+13=39

7-8.    Emmit  30+9=39

9.       lil’ ghost  28+4=32

10.     Fragile Bird  37

11.     Night’sQueen 35

12.    Ser Not Appearing  4

13.    PyroclasticFlow  3

The winner of the round is Dolorous Gabe, who has now taken the first place, just before the last round begins. However, Aegon the Poached is just two points behind, while Lady Blizzardborn and Castellan keep chasing them in the third and fourth place. We should also watch out for yomi and rocksniffer, who are taking giant steps ahead.

ROUND SIX

1.       "I'm true (until I boff baby Cat.) Always."

"What?"

2.       I'm truly, utterly infatuated, beloved, beautiful Cat Arryn Widow.

3.       It's true, ultimately I'm besotted.  Beauty, charm and wit.

4.       In trout union I belong, because childhood affection widens.

5.       Invincibility tempts us. It beckons!

Barring calamitous aviation woes...

6.       I take unbelievably intense...beauty. (but Cat always) Whew.

7.       I'll talk until I become betrothed...can anyone witness?

8.       I’m true until intrepid bride “bails.” Come away, wife.

Since there are only 8 entries, I think it will be enough if you vote for three entries this time.

Deadline: 22 p.m. (Central European Time) on Thursday, the 23rd of June.

The last round will begin later today.

1. 4.  In trout union I belong, because childhood affection widens. So like Littlefinger to be telling the truth and lying at the same time.

2. 1.  "I'm true (until I boff baby Cat.) Always."

"What?"   Couldn't not vote for this. "baby Cat" cracked me up.

3. 7.  I'll talk until I become betrothed...can anyone witness? An excellent way for him to say nothing.

Well done to all the rest. 

First: 1.       "I'm true (until I boff baby Cat.) Always."

"What?"

Second: 4.       In trout union I belong, because childhood affection widens.

Third: 5.       Invincibility tempts us. It beckons!

Barring calamitous aviation woes...

ROUND SEVEN 

This is the last round and we haven’t seen a truly Northern wedding yet. We’ll make up for that by going even farther north than the North: beyond the Wall, where marriage customs – like so many other things – are very different.

On the way southward, Longspear Ryk (who is called that for a reason) stole Munda Tormundsdotter Tormund’s daughter, in accordance with the venerable wildling traditions (which tell us that the best time to steal a woman is when the Thief is in the Moonmaid).

She broke his lip for him and bit one ear half off, and I hear he’s got so many scratches on his back he can’t wear a cloak. She likes him well enough, though. And why not? He don’t fight with no spear, you know. Never has. So where do you think he got that name? Har!

Later we learn that Munda “Took that Longspear Ryk to husband”. So what was the actual wedding ceremony like? Was a weirwood involved?

There is one thing that we cannot doubt: that there was a wedding vow somewhere somehow, and it is your task to discover what the exact words were.

The acronym is: H U B E P N T A F.

The deadline: 22 p.m. (Central European Time) on Thursday, the 23rd of June.

Archived