Acrophobia #23 - "... and the winner is..."

Julia H.

First: 10.     Never imagine age matters!  Besides, sons enjoy lending...iron.

Second: 6.       Now I am marrying Balon's selkie, eternally linking Iron.

Third: 5.       Normally I'm against marrying baby seals, Euron.  Life's idiosyncrasies.

Fourth: 2.       Nymph, in absentia marry blessed sailor. Ever loving, I!

19 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I love the idea of writing Roose and Walda's vows but...two Y's in the acro?????  

I had three reasons to choose this acro: The first is that I liked it (it was generated by a random letter sequence generator). The second is that you all are such talented acrophobes that I thought I might just as well introduce a bit of challenge for you all. :) The third reason is that I thought a marriage vow, as a kind of promise, could be addressed to the other person directly - so some of you might want to use the second person singular in some of the vows, and I decided to make it easier for you. (Of course, there are other ways to use the Y's as well.) 

3 hours ago, Julia H. said:

I had three reasons to choose this acro: The first is that I liked it (it was generated by a random letter sequence generator). The second is that you all are such talented acrophobes that I thought I might just as well introduce a bit of challenge for you all. :) The third reason is that I thought a marriage vow, as a kind of promise, could be addressed to the other person directly - so some of you might want to use the second person singular in some of the vows, and I decided to make it easier for you. (Of course, there are other ways to use the Y's as well.) 

Flattery as a means of appeasement over tricky letters. Clever hosting!

I like the letters, I just fear that my entry is too obvious and not all that much of a vow. Then again my first round entry was more of a vow than my secondround one, but the second round one got at least some votes.

getting to get back into the groove...life is has been throwing snake eyes for several weeks but i think i got this...

vote:

first: #10

second: #7

third and fourth: #5 and #2

good job guys....and gals....

:smoking:

2 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

Do you need an extension?

Not for just me, but thank you :)

1st - 2.       Nymph, in absentia marry blessed sailor. Ever loving, I!

2nd - 7.       Now Ironborn and Maker become sealed, expect larger iron!

3rd - 1.       Noble, immaculate animal, my betrothal's sealed, ensuring love indefinitely.

4th - 5.       Normally I'm against marrying baby seals, Euron.  Life's idiosyncrasies.

1st.   1.       Noble, immaculate animal, my betrothal's sealed, ensuring love indefinitely.  I'm a sucker for puns

2nd.   3.       Now I, Anvil-Breaker, marry beautiful seal... er... lovely ironborn.  Oooh, you used anvil!

3rd.    2.       Nymph, in absentia marry blessed sailor. Ever loving, I!   Lol, delusional, is he?

4th.    6.       Now I am marrying Balon's selkie, eternally linking Iron.  Clever use of selkie!

You will get an extension anyway, since I'm too tired to tally up tonight and I'll have to get up very early tomorrow morning.

The next deadline is 8 p.m. tomorrow (Thursday), still Central European Time

22 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Thank you!  <3

You're welcome. :)

ROUND FOUR AUTHORS AND RESULTS

1.       Noble, immaculate animal, my betrothal's sealed, ensuring love indefinitely.   Aegon the Poached    1+1+2+1+1+3=9

2.       Nymph, in absentia marry blessed sailor. Ever loving, I!   Lady Blizzardborn    1+1+1+3+2+1+1+3+1=14

3.       Now I, Anvil-Breaker, marry beautiful seal... er... lovely ironborn.         Yomi   1+1+1+3+3+3+1+2+4=19

4.       Naughty Iron Asha… marriage betrothal sacred. Everyone loves Ironmaker!      lil’ghost   1+1+1+1=4

5.       Normally I'm against marrying baby seals, Euron.  Life's idiosyncrasies.    Howlin’ Howland  1+1+2+2+1+1+1=9

6.       Now I am marrying Balon's selkie, eternally linking Iron.   Emmit    1+1+3+1+1+2+1=10

7.       Now Ironborn and Maker become sealed, expect larger iron!    Dolorous Gabe  1+1+1+3+2+2=10

8.       Now it’s abed, my blubbery, smelly, elusive Lady Ironmaker!  Night’sQueen   1+1=2

9.       Now I Asha marry - but Sealy excellent lover indeed!   Castellan   1+1=2

10.     Never imagine age matters!  Besides, sons enjoy lending...iron.   Fragile Bird   1+1+2+2+1+3+3=13

11.      Novicely impressed, although my birthright's strong...every longship's involved.   rocksniffer    1

STANDINGS

1.       Aegon the Poached   40+9=49

2.       Dolorous Gabe   35+10=45

3.       Lady Blizzardborn  28+14=42

4.       Castellan  37+2=39

5.       Fragile Bird  24+13=37

6.       Night’sQueen  33+2=35

7.       Howlin’ Howland  25+9=34

8.       Emmit   20+10=30

9.       lil’ghost   24+4=28

10.     rocksniffer  26+1=27

11.      yomi 7+19=26

12.     Ser Not Appearing   4

13.     PyroclasticFlow  3

Congratulations to yomi, the winner of Round Four! Regarding the overall standings, Aegon the Poached is still in first place, followed by Dolorous Gabe, with Lady Blizzardborn close on his heels. 

Round 5

1.       So, happily Walda, really your prodigious waistline's served you.

2.       Selecting heavy Walda, Roose?

You're precious, Walda, sweetling.

Yay!

3.       "Simple, heavy Walda."

"Roose, your protection..."

"Walda, stop yapping."

4.       Shy, happy whispers reveal your plumpness was singularly yielding.

5.       She has weighty recommendation, yeasty promise, winsome silliness. Yes!

6.       Soon, heir will rise. Year - pregnant with son? .. Yes!

7.       Sweet, handsome, woman. Rare, youthful, profitable woman. Say yes.

8.       Sufficiently hefty, we're rich! You plumped wisely. Sincerely yours.

9.       Shall happily wed, Roose!

You'll pay, Walder...substantially, yes!

To make it simple, vote for four entries even though there are only nine entries at the moment. I hope to get a couple of more yet. 

The deadline: 10. p.m. Central European Time on Tuesday, the 14th of June.

ROUND SIX

We are going to travel across Westeros once again - to witness a wedding almost secretly done: the wedding between Lysa Arryn, widow of the powerful Jon Arryn and Petyr Baelish, aka Littlefinger, Lord Paramount of the Trident and Lysa's long-time lover, at the Baelish ancestral seat (an old flint tower located on the smallest of the Fingers). Littlefinger’s words are hardly trustworthy, so he may have said and promised almost anything. But what did he say? For the moment, only the acronym is known, so we need experts to uncover the rest.

The acronym is:  I T U I B B C A W

The deadline: 10. p.m. Central European Time on Tuesday, the 14th of June.

1 hour ago, Night'sQueen said:

Hi guys, dropping in to say I'm dropping out. Sorry to leave mid-game but I just can't keep up. 

Good luck everybody! 

Sorry to hear that. I hope everything is all right though. :grouphug:

First: 8.       Sufficiently hefty, we're rich! You plumped wisely. Sincerely yours.

Second: 7.       Sweet, handsome, woman. Rare, youthful, profitable woman. Say yes.

Third: 4.       Shy, happy whispers reveal your plumpness was singularly yielding.

Fourth:6.       Soon, heir will rise. Year - pregnant with son? .. Yes!

Archived