[spoilers] Five years later: The Cave, the Tree, the Exodus

I am so, so, so glad that Lord Brynden told Brandon Stark that “You won't stay here forever.  You won't be an old man in a tree.” 

After so many years, it finally puts to bed the nonsense notion that "Bran was a tree" now. That is not his destiny.

You never know, this might lead to unpleasant developments. For the first time I considered the possibility of Bran taking over Meera's body. After all, there has been some foreshadowing of a male attempting to take over a female body (i.e., Varamyr).

21 minutes ago, Philpenn said:

Different worlds at this point.  Show Bran might leave, book Bran might not.  Book 3 Eyed Raven is Bloodraven, show 3 Eyed Raven isn't  (not yet at least.)

Especially considering 3ER told him last night he had been there a thousand years. Unless I heard it wrong. Bloodraven is about 125 years old.

49 minutes ago, Philpenn said:

Different worlds at this point.  Show Bran might leave, book Bran might not.  Book 3 Eyed Raven is Bloodraven, show 3 Eyed Raven isn't  (not yet at least.)

We'll probably never know for sure, but to me it seems unlikely that the showrunners would deliberately change where one of the principal agents in the story ends up.  It’s been repeatedly stressed that the main folks will end up at the same destination in both media.

Bran's was the very first chapter in the entire series; he's obviously extremely important. Do you truly imagine they would change his destiny? 

48 minutes ago, DireGhost said:

Especially considering 3ER told him last night he had been there a thousand years. Unless I heard it wrong. Bloodraven is about 125 years old.

And he's looking much younger than book!BR does.

1 hour ago, DireGhost said:

Yeah, I was like that 3ER was a exaggerating a bit, calling about or so 80 years "a 1000 years". ;) But I agree that the book Bran might stay in the cave while the show one will, for the sake of the show, leave it.

Surely the implication is that 1000 year old 3EC in the show cannot be Bloodraven or any Targaryan, just as Mel precedes the Targ invasion too. Maybe this is D&D simplifying GRRM's plot as they did with Dorne. It makes it more likely 3EC is connected either to the Children, or the WWs.

Surely the implication is that 1000 year old 3EC in the show cannot be Bloodraven or any Targaryan, just as Mel precedes the Targ invasion too. Maybe this is D&D simplifying GRRM's plot as they did with Dorne. It makes it more likely 3EC is connected either to the Children, or the WWs.

4 hours ago, House Cambodia said:

Why do you think that he is telling Bran the truth?

Archived