I'm pleased with how few TWOW spoilers there seem to be this season

Wendel Shoemaker

3 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

When I see this line, I think, yes, it is in the contract. But it is easier for everyone to pretend nothing is changed. But in practice, everything is different from the early seasons. IMO, no one has much interests in changing the contract and making it public.

I understand  your opinion, but let be a little bit more real here, I read many interviews of GRRM, the thing I know about him is he's a bad mouth and he gives 0 fucks about anyone, man, he's more 0 fucks giver than Sophie Turner, I'm 100% sure if he have any problem with the writers, the show or putting him aside as executive producer he will say it because he don't fear anyone but he always defended the show and the writers

3 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I'm not sure what "Executive Producer" means in GRRM case, right now. He no more writes episodes. He no more visits the set. He does not contribute to the promotion tours. Except for some words in the DVD bonuses, you could think he has absolutely nothing to do with the affair. There are a lot of people with more assets in this enterprise, I really not see him having any influence on what happens now.

Until season 4, everything was promising, hell, even Dark Sansa was very promising, and then some people came up and forced GRRM to abandon the episodes' writing and giving the whole thing to non experienced people, as a show viewer I feel that I'm the only one who paid the price, I don't blame GRRM because he was forced to delegate some of his tasks, I'm blaming all those people for forcing him to abandon the show and for creating this mess

5 minutes ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I understand  your opinion, but let be a little bit more real here, I read many interviews of GRRM, the thing I know about him is he's a bad mouth and he gives 0 fucks about anyone, man, he's more 0 fucks giver than Sophie Turner, I'm 100% sure if he have any problem with the writers, the show or putting him aside as executive producer he will say it because he don't fear anyone but he always defended the show and the writers

Until season 4, everything was promising, hell, even Dark Sansa was very promising, and then some people came up and forced GRRM to abandon the episodes' writing and giving the whole thing to non experienced people, as a show viewer I feel that I'm the only one who paid the price, I don't blame GRRM because he was forced to delegate some of his tasks, I'm blaming all those people for forcing him to abandon the show and for creating this mess

People want him to both write the book and be involved on the show. Unfortunately, he can't do both. You kind of contradict yourself, on the one hand you say that "he gives 0 fucks about anyone", on the other you say that "he was forced to delegate some of his tasks". I think he just came to the conclusion that it was time to focus more on the book and less on the show.

6 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

Um.. Martin only wrote a handful of episodes, and there was nothing that special about any of those either.

Um.. Martin only wrote a handful of episodes, and there was nothing that special about any of those either.

Your right, it's not like anyone considers Blackwater to be the best, or their favorite episode of the entire series. 

6 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

I'm not sure someone forced him. His books are needing all his concentration, are much more complex than the show IMO. And he said he needed to be at home, to be fully immersed in his universe. He must have realized his books would not be progressing if he was not giving them more time. Maybe his editor or his friends help him to realize that. Or it was his own conclusion. The show is driven by D&D, not by him, never by him. And the more the show was differentiating, the less he must have felt contributing positively to it. And IMO, at the same time he must have felt the need and the pressure to finish his own version. Whether excuse or necessity, leaving the show to write the books was the thing to do, But whatever he thinks really, he would never criticize openly the show. Because he needs its popularity to sell his books, as much as the show need GRRM approbation.

• 2 weeks later...

To go back to the topic title, The Battle for Mereen and the Battle for Winterfell, which were to be resolved in the very beginning of tWoW, were only finally resolved in episode 9 of the 6th season.

The KL part has gone forward to the point of Cersei sitting on the throne and leaving the only bit of phophecy to come true that a younger one shall come and sit on the throne after her

Arya has finished her Bravoosi training. Back to Westeros for revenge.

Sansa out of the Vale and back to WF

Bran has done a lot of storyline and is back by the wall

Dorne is a f**kfest but probably the fact that now women are in charge (and Martells dead) is similar to some point in the book when Dany lands

All Great Houses are almost extinct (with the exception of Lannisters, assuming on between Jaime or Tyrion turns out to be a Targ, and Sweetrobyn)

The Plot Device to tear down the wall has been put in place and is ticking

If this is where we're going to be at the end of the Winds of Winter, it will be a bit disappointing for a book several hundred pages long... or not?

Archived