Missing a Meisha Merlin/Sub Press numbered or lettered ed?

Geddon

I am now selling the Meisha Merlin Lettered edition of A Game of Thrones (letter 'Z'):

http://www.ebay.com/...=item3f239ea6b8

Yes, this is the copy that showed up on eBay a few months ago. Consider this my confession that I was the buyer. :cool4:

That's a nice copy. It's always bugged me that the slipcase is too big for the book though. MM made a lot of mistakes but that one's glaring!

you all will be happy to know that another set has been reunited. I am the purchaser of the overpriced #159 MM AGoT from ebay. Wthin the last few months, I bought Cok through ADWD #159 from a member of this forum who had no knowledge of the whereabouts of the MM AGoT.

To see if come up on ebay was a bit eye popping, yay me...i think.

Wow, that's pretty crazy luck for you. Now if only #100 would pop up sometime....

Worst slipcase error by them all is the colour and design of Subpress Dance With Dragons. Not only does the colour not match, it cant even match in a black-white black-white system. Also, the design of text etc is changed, so not to really match Feast. Second worst (imo, some might call it the very worst) is the blank Storm of Swords. They sure do make a lot of errors :P MM made some bad mistakes, but I dont really feel like the slipcases was their worst.

I don't have a problem with the slipcases of Sub Press books not matching... there are several limited edition series such as the Dark Tower books that don't have matching color slipcases and in some cases, matching sizes. The blank Storm of Swords I believe was on purpose because the book was late. They originally had a foil stamp for it but it was going to take too long and they ditched it :( Also the fonts/text usually changes per book since there are different artists and they design around the art (again, the Dark Tower books are the same).

Overall I think MM had more mistakes and didn't really know how to run their business and therefore are defunct. They did have some nice features that I wish SP would have incorporated like the gilt edges.

The entire endeavor of putting forth these limited editions has been a string of missteps and errors from start to finish. I think the books are cursed.

Which doesn't make me unhappy to own an unbroken set of MM+SP lettered editions. But still.

I have decided to sell a few of my books. I thought I would give the members on here first crack at them. Therefore I will entertain offers for a week before posting them on ebay. I have the following for sale:

A clash of kings (meisha merlin) #420

A storm of swords (subterranean press) #420

A feast for crows (subterranean press) #350

I will not split up clash and storm as I am a believer of trying to keep sets together/reunite matching numbers. If you are interested in making an offer please PM me. Thanks.

I have decided to sell a few of my books. I thought I would give the members on here first crack at them. Therefore I will entertain offers for a week before posting them on ebay. I have the following for sale:

A clash of kings (meisha merlin) #420

A storm of swords (subterranean press) #420

A feast for crows (subterranean press) #350

I will not split up clash and storm as I am a believer of trying to keep sets together/reunite matching numbers. If you are interested in making an offer please PM me. Thanks.

Just sent a PM.

Archived