TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

45 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Your school taught you wrong. :P No really, our school taught us calender autumn starts on 21st or 23rd or so September, I think this is based on smart people having calculated the Earth axis tilting to some degree, so depending on that how long the days/nights are etc. I suppose today must be the equinox then? It does not exactly correspond to how we count months.

So the majority of advent is in autumn because winter starts on december 21st? This sounds bafflingly stupid, I'm sorry. And yes I understand that today is the Equinox, and that's the start of the whatever kind of autumn, but calendar autumn starts on September 1st according to my education and that's how I count the beginning of seasons.  I count winter from December 1st too, etc. oh well... 

Has anybody won yet? 

2 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

my god... I left at 984 posts to view a flat. Now I'm back on the tram to go and see the next one, but the post count is STILL 984. We should be having a new thread by now. What's happening? :eek: 

A likeminded person would just spampost themselves to victory if they desired, I've little interest in this game though, but feel free if you want to win.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

So the majority of advent is in autumn because winter starts on december 21st? This sounds bafflingly stupid, I'm sorry. And yes I understand that today is the Equinox, and that's the start of the whatever kind of autumn, but calendar autumn starts on September 1st according to my education and that's how I count the beginning of seasons.  I count winter from December 1st too, etc. oh well... 

Has anybody won yet? 

Yes, it does sound stupid. :P It makes my birthday an autumn day, while I consider myself a winter baby. This is just calendar autumn (according to my education at least), I am sure biological seasons and meteorological seasons and what have you are different. *shrugs*

11 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

my god... I left at 984 posts to view a flat. Now I'm back on the tram to go and see the next one, but the post count is STILL 984. We should be having a new thread by now. What's happening? :eek: 

So how is the apartment? :P

19 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Yes, it does sound stupid. :P It makes my birthday an autumn day, while I consider myself a winter baby. This is just calendar autumn (according to my education at least), I am sure biological seasons and meteorological seasons and what have you are different. *shrugs*

So how is the apartment? :P

That's right, I'm a winter baby too. So I will continue to count autumn from September 1st and winter from December 1st. 

Decent-ish. 

30 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

A likeminded person would just spampost themselves to victory if they desired, I've little interest in this game though, but feel free if you want to win.

The "race" from 950 to 1000 is a "tradition" and supposed to be fun. It usually is when lots of regulars are online and post gibberish to get to 1000 as fast as possible. 

Archived