TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

19 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

I learned from the best. Besides I've only get a few months left as king, best make them count.

Nonsense, you must destroy your competition and declare yourself ruler of TTTNE forever.

32 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Nonsense, you must destroy your competition and declare yourself ruler of TTTNE forever.

Haven't I already done that like five times? :P 

22 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am sorry to say that, FOMN, but your rule has so far been quite dull. :P

Or maybe it is just a dull year for me.

It has indeed been, but see it as a good sign, meaning that the Spampire has been peaceful and trouble-free while I reigned. If I were you, I'd re-elect me.

2 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Haven't I already done that like five times? :P 

It has indeed been, but see it as a good sign, meaning that the Spampire has been peaceful and trouble-free while I reigned. If I were you, I'd re-elect me.

I do not vote for the same spamperor/ess twice. ;)

Has anybody seen the new Kinder eggs commercial? Apparently now they make different eggs for boys and girls - the "boyish" ones are the same as has always been, the "girlish" ones have some pink stripes and flowers painted on them. And I suppose they have different toys in them. This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a while. :ack: My childhood!

6 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Has anybody seen the new Kinder eggs commercial? Apparently now they make different eggs for boys and girls - the "boyish" ones are the same as has always been, the "girlish" ones have some pink stripes and flowers painted on them. And I suppose they have different toys in them. This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a while. :sick: My childhood!

Oh, my childhood as well. ;o)

They already sell those over here.

10 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I do not vote for the same spamperor/ess twice. ;)

Ah, but I'll be doing it as 'Second of My Name' so don't you worry about that.

Besides, it's not like this is still going to be a democracy come January <_<

And yeah, those new Kinder eggs sound like they suck ass. Marketing trumps common sense, or whatever the right word for it is because I can't find it, once again.

2 hours ago, King Tyrion I said:

<waves at Rhae> Hi there! :kiss:

I'm really looking forward to my trip to the Netherlands. Will be fun, very much fun.

Bought ink for my Mont Blanc (an old Monte Rosa 042) yesterday.

Hi there! 

When are you going? I was hoping to visit Dubai this autumn, but I'm putting it off again, I kinda need that money for housing and well life. 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Oh dear, that must be dull.

The trailer looked extremely terrible, so I believe you right away.

I learned from the best. Besides I've only get a few months left as king, best make them count.

It really is. 

It really was. 

I wonder who/if anybody will be running next year. We were kind of short of ("serious") nominees last time. 

57 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Has anybody seen the new Kinder eggs commercial? Apparently now they make different eggs for boys and girls - the "boyish" ones are the same as has always been, the "girlish" ones have some pink stripes and flowers painted on them. And I suppose they have different toys in them. This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen in a while. :ack: My childhood!

Girl and boy surprise eggs have been around for quite some time, though maybe not by Kinder. But there are specific surprise eggs with pink packaging and Barbie/Disney Princess/Whatever related toys for girls and ones with blue packaging and Ice Age/Boyish Pixar/Whatever related toys for boys. While I can see why the change would upset someone, I remember being a kid and being disappointed to the verge of tears because there was some stupid train or Toy Story figurine or football toy in my Kinder surprise. And I'm generally not against the idea of gender specific kids' stuff, I don't think anything is wrong with that, kids can still choose whichever toy or Kinder egg they want. 

33 minutes ago, King Tyrion I said:

Okay, my friends, I'm logging off for now.

I've got a headache, and I feel quite bad.

G'night!

Get well soon! 

21 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Girl and boy surprise eggs have been around for quite some time, though maybe not by Kinder. But there are specific surprise eggs with pink packaging and Barbie/Disney Princess/Whatever related toys for girls and ones with blue packaging and Ice Age/Boyish Pixar/Whatever related toys for boys. While I can see why the change would upset someone, I remember being a kid and being disappointed to the verge of tears because there was some stupid train or Toy Story figurine or football toy in my Kinder surprise. And I'm generally not against the idea of gender specific kids' stuff, I don't think anything is wrong with that, kids can still choose whichever toy or Kinder egg they want.

I feel at least then they should change both options, like if you drew something pink on the "girlish" one, then draw something equally telling on the "boyish" one - now it looks like the boyish things is the usual one, and the girlish needs to be specifically marked, because it is "different".

But I do not agree with the separating at all.

And Ice Age is not a specifically boyish thing to like at all! :P

We used to have a big collection of Kinder toys in our kitchen when valonqar and I were little.

43 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Get better, Tyrion.

Is this your answer to literally everything?

It's not just lightning, it's Force Lightning. And The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together, so Force Lightning literally is the answer to everything. 

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I feel at least then they should change both options, like if you drew something pink on the "girlish" one, then draw something equally telling on the "boyish" one - now it looks like the boyish things is the usual one, and the girlish needs to be specifically marked, because it is "different".

But I do not agree with the separating at all.

And Ice Age is not a specifically boyish thing to like at all! :P

We used to have a big collection of Kinder toys in our kitchen when valonqar and I were little.

Yes, that would be the slightly safer way to play this. Though once again, I don't mind these things. 

I liked Ice Age too and got Ice Age eggs too when I was a kid. The boogie man didn't try to take me because I put my hands on a "boyish" chocolate egg. 

I tried to collect collections I liked, like those funky parrots, elephants and lions. And the dinosaur, the hippo and the frog! I loved those. Oh and there was the looney tunes collection and the Egyptian Cat and Martian and LOTR (I only ever got Elrond, still have him) - I'm googling these, I don't have this kind of memory. These were my favorites I tried to collect, but I never got further than 3-5 pieces. 

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No, it is not a dull year. But I expect the raminder of it will be even more eventful than 2016 has been till now.

More exciting by the end f the year? The seedling is growing, congrats little flower bee 

Happy first day of autumn, spammers! :commie: It was misty this morning. This means autumn is here.

9 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

It's not just lightning, it's Force Lightning. And The Force is what gives a Jedi his power. It's an energy field created by all living things. It surrounds us and penetrates us. It binds the galaxy together, so Force Lightning 42 literally is the answer to everything. 

Fixed.

9 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes, that would be the slightly safer way to play this. Though once again, I don't mind these things. 

I liked Ice Age too and got Ice Age eggs too when I was a kid. The boogie man didn't try to take me because I put my hands on a "boyish" chocolate egg. 

I tried to collect collections I liked, like those funky parrots, elephants and lions. And the dinosaur, the hippo and the frog! I loved those. Oh and there was the looney tunes collection and the Egyptian Cat and Martian and LOTR (I only ever got Elrond, still have him) - I'm googling these, I don't have this kind of memory. These were my favorites I tried to collect, but I never got further than 3-5 pieces. 

I do not remember any specifically. :lol: Just hippos, yes, there were some hippos.

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

More exciting by the end f the year? The seedling is growing, congrats little flower bee 

The ... what am I missing? :blink:

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Happy first day of autumn, spammers! :commie: It was misty this morning. This means autumn is here.

HOW? :commie:  how is this the first day of autumn? How do you people count the beginning of seasons? I see this all over the Internet. People looking forward to autumn in mid September and being sorry it isn't autumn yet. In my world, autumn starts on September 1st. That's what my grandma taught me, that's what school taught me. How is this the first day of autumn, somebody please explain! :eek::commie: 

Archived