TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

23 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

There we have it, an admission of not only weakness but foolishness too.....

If being a good human being is a weakness then I am proud to be weak!

13 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

bith of Jedi

Bith Jedi? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ph'ton

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

I prefer Stolichnaya.....

I am afraid I do not understand.

56 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

If being a good human being is a weakness then I am proud to be weak!

Bith Jedi? http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ph'ton

Bit. :P Typo. But sure, she can be a bith if she wants too.

2 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

People like the Doctor are a proof that someone with a moral compass pointed to the right direction wins most of the times.

Again you're not making any sense, what has being an exceptionally talented motorcycle racer got to do with morals?, although you're right in one regard, he is good at winning.

https://valegp.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/valentino-rossi-2015-the-doctor-46-logo-helmet-movistar-yamaha-motogp-yzr-m1-bike-wallpaper.jpg

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am afraid I do not understand.

http://www.absolut.com/globalassets/products/absolut-vodka/absolut-vodka-product-section.jpg

http://www.lcbo.com/content/dam/lcbo/products/225243.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Ah. When it comes to alcoholic beverages, I admit I know nothing. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Doin' more 10th homework. I hope this art teacher appreciates how tumblr I can get. 

I thought you finished your education. ;) (In case you are doing sister's homework, this is very indulging to her and the perfect way for her to never learn responsibility. :P I am very interested in what sort of "tumblr" homework can be ... )

11 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah. When it comes to alcoholic beverages, I admit I know nothing. :dunno:

I thought you finished your education. ;) (In case you are doing sister's homework, this is very indulging to her and the perfect way for her to never learn responsibility. :P I am very interested in what sort of "tumblr" homework can be ... )

Yeah... Well, I usually had my mom help me out with stuff like this too, it's not like you'll learn anything important spending 5 hours decorating thr cover of your sketchbook. And I really really really miss stuff like this. Art projects and history and literature, all the stuff I haven't done in 5 years. 

14 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Again you're not making any sense, what has being an exceptionally talented motorcycle racer got to do with morals?, although you're right in one regard, he is good at winning.

https://valegp.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/valentino-rossi-2015-the-doctor-46-logo-helmet-movistar-yamaha-motogp-yzr-m1-bike-wallpaper.jpg

I am not sure if you are kidding or not. If you are then nice joke if not then <_<

9 minutes ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I am not sure if you are kidding or not. If you are then nice joke if not then <_<

Kidding about what?, he is called The Doctor, surely you can't mean Dr Poo?, all he does is talk at people, pull funny faces, be broody(in a bad way) run away from his enemies and have plot armor thicker than the walls of a nuclear bunker, I know you admire The Jedi and The Starks, but liking Dr Poo is just a new low.....

30 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah... Well, I usually had my mom help me out with stuff like this too, it's not like you'll learn anything important spending 5 hours decorating thr cover of your sketchbook. And I really really really miss stuff like this. Art projects and history and literature, all the stuff I haven't done in 5 years. 

You have to decorate the covers for 5 hours? :huh: This is like a homework for a first grader, past that no teacher ever should care about how yournotebooks look like - I mean, I am exaggerating, but I do not think this should even be an issue in high school. Students need to take care of how their things look like by then and it is their business.

My parents never did my homework for me, and I never felt they needed.

Good thing I did literature at university, I would have missed that too. :P I do not miss chemistry and stuff at all. Or PE. *shudders*

___

So I decided to adopt the squid hat again for a time. Anybody still remembers the crazy squid hat thread we had about 3 years ago, or is it just me who has been around for too long?

Goodmorning everyone!

On topic;

12 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

Kidding about what?, he is called The Doctor, surely you can't mean Dr Poo?, all he does is talk at people, pull funny faces, be broody(in a bad way) run away from his enemies and have plot armor thicker than the walls of a nuclear bunker, I know you admire The Jedi and The Starks, but liking Dr Poo is just a new low.....

14 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

You have to decorate the covers for 5 hours? :huh: This is like a homework for a first grader, past that no teacher ever should care about how yournotebooks look like - I mean, I am exaggerating, but I do not think this should even be an issue in high school. Students need to take care of how their things look like by then and it is their business.

My parents never did my homework for me, and I never felt they needed.

Good thing I did literature at university, I would have missed that too. :P I do not miss chemistry and stuff at all. Or PE. *shudders*

___

So I decided to adopt the squid hat again for a time. Anybody still remembers the crazy squid hat thread we had about 3 years ago, or is it just me who has been around for too long?

No, "Decorate your notebook for 5 hours" is not homework teachers ever give. They were just told to decorate it and not because the teacher is a sociopath, but because it's an art class and he wanted them to get creative. Obviously, a time consuming art assignment is not on the top of an average kid's priority list, I, however, really miss artsy, creative craft projects. The reason why it took 5 hours was the lack of appropriate stationary supplies, even though having to use coins, shot glasses, Star Wars cups, candle holders and lipstick caps to draw different size of circles definitely gets your creativity working. 

My mom helped me every once in a while (aka, 2-3 times a year) and even though I could have handled it myself, it was really nice when someone else did it for me. Let's keep in mind that most students/people in general don't opt for the difficult way to get things done when there's an easy way. 

I miss PE too. Not Physics or Maths or IT or Chemistry, those were all atrocious. 

I don't remember this squid hat thing, I don't think I had been around when squid hats happened. 

Whyyyyy is it not autumn yet...? Now we have the same weather we had in June. 24C cloudy with a bit of sun. 

2 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

No, "Decorate your notebook for 5 hours" is not homework teachers ever give. They were just told to decorate it and not because the teacher is a sociopath, but because it's an art class and he wanted them to get creative. Obviously, a time consuming art assignment is not on the top of an average kid's priority list, I, however, really miss artsy, creative craft projects. The reason why it took 5 hours was the lack of appropriate stationary supplies, even though having to use coins, shot glasses, Star Wars cups, candle holders and lipstick caps to draw different size of circles definitely gets your creativity working. 

My mom helped me every once in a while (aka, 2-3 times a year) and even though I could have handled it myself, it was really nice when someone else did it for me. Let's keep in mind that most students/people in general don't opt for the difficult way to get things done when there's an easy way. 

I miss PE too. Not Physics or Maths or IT or Chemistry, those were all atrocious. 

I don't remember this squid hat thing, I don't think I had been around when squid hats happened. 

Whyyyyy is it not autumn yet...? Now we have the same weather we had in June. 24C cloudy with a bit of sun. 

Oh, I know it probably wasn't "decorate for 5 hours." ;) We did not even have art classes anymore in high school, so we never got such an assignment, and even in primary school, all the drawing we did was done in school, we never got an art assignment for home.

I am sure you can find artsy creative projects for yourself. ;) Or join one of those children's worksops at fairs and stuff. :P I like doing such things too, especially painting the New Year's tree ornaments and magnets. (Still think everybody should do their schoolwork by themselves.)

I think my mother once told me they checked if I did my homework the first feew weeks of my 1st grade. They discovered I had always done what was necessary, and they decided constant checking was not necessary. Most of the homework was done in the afternoon school stay in the first few classes anyway.

I think they helped me a few times when they typed together a presentation on their work computer before we had a computer at home and they copied stuff/went with me to the copy shop before pictures of literally everything were available on the Internet to put on posters for school presentations. They were the ones who taught me the importance of quoting sources first though, I needed to find information and choose what was important by myself.

I know some teachers, especially in primary schools, demand that parents do the homeworks with their children, help them, etc., and then the teachers basically grade the parent's work in projects, presentations etc. I am very much against this idea - after all, the parents have finished their schooling. Assignments and homeworks are the child's work, especially for the child to learn responsiblity, to remember whatneeds to be done and when, and not to put work on somebody else. That obviously means the homeworks should be assigned in a way children are able to do by themselves, obviously. (That does not mean they should not ask for help when needed, just that the parents should not sit with them all the time and do their work for them.)

/Sorry for the long homework rant. Ende der Mythenmetzschen Abschweifung.

I think we should switch places. :P I would prefer sunny to the gloomy we have.

*starts campaign* I think the squid hats should be brought back! :commie: Rock them like it's 2013! :commie:

Put your squid hats on, people! :commie:

Archived