TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

8 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

And dark chocolate is just bitter. :P

I am fine, the doctor okayed my blood yesterday, I am just so tired still ...I have already had a lesson this morning and am teaching 3 more hours in the afternoon - I do not know how I will manage without yawning all the time. And I am supposed to meet a friend after that when I will probably not even be ready to talk anymore ... (but I really want to see her after a long time).

No, this is where us boring uncool under-layer-of.society kids hang out.

This is where I'd rather be. People here seem to make sure everybody has a good time. That's rare  these days.

4 minutes ago, The Lone Rider said:

Like I said in the intro thread, I like this place because there's a real sense of community here. It's relatively small and intimate. People seem to know each others, there's all sorts of inside jokes, etc. I look forward to becoming a meaningful part of this community myself. Other than that there's not much to say about me. I'm still trying to figure this place out (how do you use that emoji thing there ?) Weird thing is I came here for all sorts of book and show discussion, but the miscellaneous part is way too better. People have seen Terriers here king Tyrion, and actually liked it ! I have a job that I seem to do satisfactorily, though sometimes the best part of it seems to be that my chair rolls. lately the world seems to be going crazy, it feels like their all in on some joke that I am not. That's why I am looking for a place where you  can just forget about the jungle out there.

Ha, actually I think this forum is HUUUGE with tens of thousands of users ... well, not of them post, but still, it is a bigger and faster-moving than other forums I have seen. But yes, some people here have known each other for years, especially those in Miscellaneous. Esentially the forum is divided, some people never go to Miscellaneous and some only ever post there and some are almost always in Games. ;)

You add emoticons either by clicking on the smiley in the menu and choosing from the list or by typing the code (I do that usually) - there is a pinned thread in the Help forum where the codes are listed.

Which part of the world are you in?

3 minutes ago, The Lone Rider said:

This is where I'd rather be. People here seem to make sure everybody has a good time. That's rare  these days.

Good idea. Welcome. ;)

(Just do not expect your post count to grow that way, the posts in Games sadly do not count because apparently we are not serious enough down here. :P )

13 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Dark chocolate that is high % is really good. Love the taste of white chocolate but it's what I'd eat if I was feeling down. Dark chocolate is the superior quality

Well this is hard to argue with. :agree: but I'm frail and milk chocolate just tastes sweeter :crying: 

36 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

And dark chocolate is just bitter. :P

I am fine, the doctor okayed my blood yesterday, I am just so tired still ...I have already had a lesson this morning and am teaching 3 more hours in the afternoon - I do not know how I will manage without yawning all the time. And I am supposed to meet a friend after that when I will probably not even be ready to talk anymore ... (but I really want to see her after a long time).

No, this is where us boring uncool under-layer-of.society kids hang out.

Try flavoured dark chocolate. Once again I can't not advertise Lindt. The chili and sea salt dark chocolate bars are to die for. 

That's one busy day ahead of you. Have some black tea along the way and pretend it's rich in caffein. 

:lmao: That's frighteningly accurate. 

@The Lone Rider is everywhere. :cheers: hi and welcome to the forums! 

1 hour ago, The Lone Rider said:

King Tyrion ! Man, you're becoming my favorite person on this board 

Like I said in the intro thread, I like this place because there's a real sense of community here. It's relatively small and intimate. People seem to know each others, there's all sorts of inside jokes, etc. I look forward to becoming a meaningful part of this community myself. Other than that there's not much to say about me. I'm still trying to figure this place out (how do you use that emoji thing there ?) Weird thing is I came here for all sorts of book and show discussion, but the miscellaneous part is way too better. People have seen Terriers here king Tyrion, and actually liked it ! I have a job that I seem to do satisfactorily, though sometimes the best part of it seems to be that my chair rolls. lately the world seems to be going crazy, it feels like they are all in on some joke that I am not. That's why I am looking for a place where you  can just forget about the jungle out there. 

Looking forward to getting to know all of you !

^ Thank you again! =o)

You came to the right place on the board.

TTTNE is the best place ever.

17 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Milk chocolate > white chocolate > dark chocolate is the answer, obviously.

:agree: 

16 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

I only read Firestarter, but it was a pain, so I stopped experimenting with Stephen King's other works. 

Hmm, I think it depends on the cocoa percentage of the chocolate, I like the taste of 70-75% ones, 90% is truly vile, however, I give you that. 

White chocolate is not even chocolate :crying: 

That's hardly one of his best-received books, IIRC, but I haven't read it myself.

Who cares when it tastes the best?

16 hours ago, King Tyrion I said:

Cool.

When? I'll be in Amsterdam at the beginning of October. How about a meet up?

It's in February, unfortunately.
And I really don't think my parents would let me travel to Amsterdam to meet a 'stranger', sorry to say.

ETA: Welcome, Lone Rider.

29 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

<snip>

It's in February, unfortunately.
And I really don't think my parents would let me travel to Amsterdam to meet a 'stranger', sorry to say.

ETA: Welcome, Lone Rider.

It's alright, FoMN. Don't worry.

41 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

:agree: 

That's hardly one of his best-received books, IIRC, but I haven't read it myself.

Who cares when it tastes the best?

Yeah I've heard that it didn't get much praise, and frankly, I can see why. 

I just ate half a Lindt milk bar. The sugar overdose is real... But I do need it... 

... Guys, I'm on page 16 and I want to kill myself already. Did anybody read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and had an intact brain by the end of the book? This is atrocious...

5 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yeah I've heard that it didn't get much praise, and frankly, I can see why. 

I just ate half a Lindt milk bar. The sugar overdose is real... But I do need it... 

... Guys, I'm on page 16 and I want to kill myself already. Did anybody read Harry Potter and the Cursed Child and had an intact brain by the end of the book? This is atrocious...

He's written some terrific stuff though. When you publish that many books there's bound to be a few clunkers.

I've read some mixed reviews, but is it really that bad?

Just now, First of My Name said:

He's written some terrific stuff though. When you publish that many books there's bound to be a few clunkers.

I've read some mixed reviews, but is it really that bad?

I'm sure, I guess I just happened to pick the bad apple from the basket. 

Well it's way too soon to judge, but I'm not liking what I got so far. 

@Buckwheat  Is there any advantage of having a higher post count ? Because to do that I'll have to take part in the book or show threads, and I'd really rather spend that time here. I mean those guys are discussing how endowed Varys was before he became a eunuch 

@RhaenysB  making up for lost time. :D   

@FirstofMyName  Salud my liege, I bring the gift of... mildly interesting anecdotes, those too occasional and subject to one's taste ? 

26 minutes ago, The Lone Rider said:

@Buckwheat  Is there any advantage of having a higher post count ? Because to do that I'll have to take part in the book or show threads, and I'd really rather spend that time here. I mean those guys are discussing how endowed Varys was before he became a eunuch 

You get to climb the member title ladder and after a certain post count, maybe 1000(?), you can enter your own custom member title which can be as stupid/cool as you want it to be. Past that there's no advantage. It intimidates people with lower post count. 10.000+ posts people tend to be scary. (Don't take this literally) and trust me that's not the worst thing ever discussed there. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Haven't read it yet. But I'm into "The casual vacancy" at the moment. And I like it.

1 hour ago, The Lone Rider said:

@FirstofMyName  Salud my liege, I bring the gift of... mildly interesting anecdotes, those too occasional and subject to one's taste ? 

Great, you'll fit right in :P 

Also, there is a fee for joining TTTNE, to be paid to the ruling Spam King (that would be me). You can pay $10 every month, or send me $100 for a year-long subscription. I'll be expecting the money before Friday.

41 minutes ago, King Tyrion I said:

I see.

I have always been a supporter of the Empire.

As any sane person should be, who would want to associate themselves with the miscreants and neerdowells of the white chocolate loving rebellion.

5 hours ago, The Lone Rider said:

At 700, you can choose your own member title. Past that, not really, only you look fancier. :P

Am I the only one who hates the at-sign before names? Yes, it is handy that you get a notification when somebody names you that way, but my name is not at-Buckwheat, you are not at-The Lone Rider, and our king is not at-First of My Name. It looks so stupid. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Also, there is a fee for joining TTTNE, to be paid to the ruling Spam King (that would be me). You can pay $10 every month, or send me $100 for a year-long subscription. I'll be expecting the money before Friday.

Don't listen to him, our king is a liar. :P

2 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

At 700, you can choose your own member title. Past that, not really, only you look fancier. :P

Am I the only one who hates the at-sign before names? Yes, it is handy that you get a notification when somebody names you that way, but my name is not at-Buckwheat, you are not at-The Lone Rider, and our king is not at-First of My Name. It looks so stupid. :rolleyes:

It makes sense when you think about it, because you're addressing the comment to that person - i.e. this comment is directed @Buckwheat

Archived