Jon Snow's potential love interests.

TheDemonicStark

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Martin said recently that the outline was just something the publishers wanted, and he said he "made shit up" or words to that effect. @The Fattest Leech can probably clear any doubts you might have about this, since she heard it from the horse's mouth at BaltiCon. 

But the fact that the outline can't be used to predict outcomes should be clear to readers; the story being told is not the same at all.  

Thanks. It was a stretch. I will re-read to see if I can find anything about Meera. 

1 minute ago, Bear Claw said:

Thanks. It was a stretch. I will re-read to see if I can find anything about Meera. 

You should look for posts by @Ibbison from Ibben. He's been a proponent of Jon + Meera for a long time. And he has some very interesting theories and ideas, with lots of support. 

8 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

You should look for posts by @Ibbison from Ibben. He's been a proponent of Jon + Meera for a long time. And he has some very interesting theories and ideas, with lots of support. 

Theories about JonxMeera are welcome. I'd love to read them, although I don't ship this couple.

1 minute ago, TheLastTarg said:

Val all the way, if anyone. Though I doubt Jon is headed for the married life

She doesn't accept the Greyscale. I wonder  how she would feel about Jon if he were to come back from the dead. Would she see him as an abomination? 

1 minute ago, Bear Claw said:

She doesn't accept the Greyscale. I wonder  how she would feel about Jon if he were to come back from the dead. Would she see him as an abomination? 

Is he dead? 

41 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I don't think Meera canbbe considered as Jon's love interest; at least not romantically. But if anyone has clues from the text to support it I'd like tonread them. Meera is a strong woman; but many women from this world are.

and Bran is the one in love with Meera. She should decide in a future who she wants.

I see in Meera a softer version of Ygritte or Val: a young woman who is strong and self-reliant and very comfortable in the outdoors, but not as martial or outwardly "tough".  She is the protector of Jon's younger "brother", and I'm pretty sure Bran, at least, would be very happy to see his big "brother" again.  Also, Bran is, at this point, only 10 years old, so any romance is going to have to wait an awfully long time.  I think it's at least as possible as some of the other ideas being bandied about.

1 hour ago, TheDemonicStark said:

I am so looking forward to Jon x Jeyne being confirmed.

Why all the hostility exactly?

Because there is no evidence whatsoever to back it up.  Jeyne is only 13, and considering her trauma, I doubt she is interested in any romance at all at this time.  Also, her main connection to the Starks was with Sansa, whose relationship with Jon was cool at best, and she didn't get along with Arya, who Jon was closest to.  Sorry, but even after close examination, I see nothing.  

ETA:  I realize I am probably making a mistake and only encouraging you with the detailed response.  Oh, well, so be it.

10 minutes ago, Nevets said:

I see in Meera a softer version of Ygritte or Val: a young woman who is strong and self-reliant and very comfortable in the outdoors, but not as martial or outwardly "tough".  She is the protector of Jon's younger "brother", and I'm pretty sure Bran, at least, would be very happy to see his big "brother" again.  Also, Bran is, at this point, only 10 years old, so any romance is going to have to wait an awfully long time.  I think it's at least as possible as some of the other ideas being bandied about.

It's plausible, as I said, politically, could happen, although maybe she is not the best candidate? Well, that's debatable.

But in terms of romance, things should go slowly, and there should be some hints, IMO to make it realistic. After 5 books, I haven't seen any clue for Jon and Meera to happen. But if someone finds it I'd like to read it.

As for Bran, I agree that he is very young, so he should have to wait. However, he has been in love with her for  a long time. I don't know how it will end. We don't know what Meera thinks of anything, either.

7 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I have wondered about that. I have re-read that chapter over and over for any clue. I don't think he could survive all those stabs, but I don't really know.

I'm not sure either way. The thing is, there's no way for anyone to be sure at this point, with the info we have.

That said, I think Jon not being dead is at least as likely. The men who stabbed him were stewards, and they are acting hesitantly. Then there's layers upon layers of clothing, leather, and very likely mail. The blades aren't very long. It's very cold, and that will help with bleeding, etc. So, yeah, as I said, imo  it's at least as likely as being dead. 

I've read/heard a theory that Val is somehow tied to the Others because she has grey eyes before she heads out for Tormund, and comes back with regal like clothes and blue eyes.  Jon might be Night's King 2.0, taking an Other wife to seal the peace pact.

2 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

It's plausible, as I said, politically, could happen, although maybe she is not the best candidate? Well, that's debatable.

I would say she is a great candidate.She is the same age.  Her father and Ned were great friends. She has many strong qualities, and she is nice (nicer than Val in my opinion). Most of all she is not related to him.

13 minutes ago, Bear Claw said:

I would say she is a great candidate.She is the same age.  Her father and Ned were great friends. She has many strong qualities, and she is nice (nicer than Val in my opinion). Most of all she is not related to him.

Yes, but that it's debatable depending on which position will Jon hold in the future (now is possibly dead) but if RLJ is true (and/or he is not  a bastard anymore) maybe he would need another "better" marriage candidate.

But romantically, extremely unlikely (as I see it at this moment).

1. This whole Jon/sansa or Jon/Arya shipping is gross. Not only are they relatives, and only see each other as that. They were raised together, regardless of genetics (which will make them very related), they're siblings at the end of the day. People have to stop projecting onto this shit. It's gross IMHO. And don't try to come for me with some text example because there's none

1 hour ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But in terms of romance, things should go slowly, and there should be some hints, IMO to make it realistic. After 5 books, I haven't seen any clue for Jon and Meera to happen. But if someone finds it I'd like to read it.

As for Bran, I agree that he is very young, so he should have to wait. However, he has been in love with her for  a long time. I don't know how it will end. We don't know what Meera thinks of anything, either.

Of course there are no hints.  They have yet to even meet, and Jon isn't even aware of Meera's existence.  I was basing my suggestion on Meera's similarities to women that Jon has already been attracted to, and the connection through Bran and having fathers who were friends.  I actually see her more as a romance candidate than a candidate for marriage, at least in the political sense.  Politically, she has little to offer.  We'll have to see what happens if and when they ever meet.

6 hours ago, Bear Claw said:

If I recall correctly, he seemed disenchanted with Val due to her comments/feelings regarding Shireen. I felt like he lost respect for her. It was a side of her he hadn't seen before (something like that).

I keep seeing people make this argument. This was one conversation that served to both remind Jon that Val, despite her bearing, did have a very different outlook on some things than he ever did and also to give the reader a likely hint that there's more to greyscale than we think we know. Just because what she says is harsh doesn't mean she's wrong. It's just Jon seeing a side to her he hadn't before. But when those screams start after he leaves the shieldhall she is the very first person in his thoughts.

You don't always agree with your spouse. Doesn't mean there's no chance for the relationship to work.

Five pages into this thread and nobody's mentioned Jon x Satin??? I oughta Shame Nun the shit outta all y'all.

I think it's inevitable that Jon and Dany end up ruling together. Whether they fall in love or not, the political allegiance will firmly knit most of the realm back together, especially if Tyrion is still around as Hand and Sansa exerts control over the North/Riverlands/Vale to back up Jon. I do not like this ending, but to a certain extent all stories become predictable as the wind down to the conclusion, unless GRRM really veers to the left and makes Stannis the final arse sitting on the Iron Throne or else dissolves the realm into 7 individual kingdoms again (this could be plausible, because who's really gonna have an army left at the end to start shit or enforce shit with anyone else?).

The bittersweet angle would be the incestuous Targaryen dynasty restored, meaning the continuation of madness being passed down. Dorne might still be left independent and pissed to create conflict with this happy-ever-after down the line.

Personally, I would like to see Jon (if he survives the Long Night) avoid sexual/marriage relations with all Stark and Targaryen family members. However, that leaves his viable romance options pretty slim minus Val, because he's unlikely to meet anyone outside of the Northern area for quite some time.

Hold on, let me get the math.

Ramsay Bolton + Jeyne Poole = Horrific-god-help-me-NO trauma

Jeyne Poole + Horrific-god-help-me-NO trauma = Mental instability

Jeyne Poole + Mental instability = scared-little-girl-who-wants-a-hero mindset

SIGWWAH mindset + Jeyne Poole+ returned-from-the-dead Jon Snow = Poor Jon Snow

Archived