Westeros Dynasty 2016

grozeng

My teams off to a great start in this league (for once). I've got some good young talent long term for cheap at WR - Will Fuller, Tyrell Williams. Looking for a good TE in return, Barnidge doesn't seem to be the answer this year...

God I love Marvin Jones. Went into the draft with WRs being a weak link for me, and so far it's looking like my strongest position with him, Robinson, Landry, Amari, Fuller, etc all producing. Got almost 80 points from my WRs alone this week. 

Getting Jones locked in for $7 long-term could be like the Randy Moss pickup from years ago when he first went to the Patriots. Think I leveraged that pick into a couple championships in this league...

(End humble-brag)

44 minutes ago, Analu said:

Think I leveraged that pick into a couple championships in this league...

Just because I have nothing better to do and was curious

2007 - Jaxom actually won.  Race was number 1 seed which is kind of good considering he traded away Brees for Tiki Barber the year before and finished 4th.  Maelys was 3rd.  I was 5th
2008 - I came in first as the number 1 seed.  Maelys was 2nd as the 6th seed.  They do not show below 6th seed. 
2009 - Maelys first as the first seed.  I was 4th.  Race was 8th
2010 - Pyke won the league.  Not sure who that is.  Maelys finished 7th as the 8th seed. Bronn 4th.  Race 8th, Jaxom 10th.  Looks like I was not in the league that year
2011 - Pyke won again.  I finished 8th as the 7th seed.  Race was 2nd,  Bronn 6th, Jaxom 7th, Maelys was not in the league this year
2012 - Bronn came in first as the 2nd seed.  Jaxom was top seeded and came in 4th. I was 8th again. Race 7th  Maelys still not in league
2013 - Winterfell Fliers (Scuba Steve) won.  Blu-ray 2nd; Bronn 3rd.; Jace 4th; Race 7th, Maelys 8th, m 9th, Jaxom 10th.
2014 - I won, Bronn 2nd, Maelys 3rd; Jace 5th; Race 6th
2015 - Race won, me 2nd, Bronn 3rd, Jaxom 4th, Maelys 5th, Scuba Steve 6th

I watched a lot of Marvin Jones at Cal and I remain convinced he is absolutely ordinary.  I think this week may be the story he bores his grandkids with for decades.  The real talents that have come through Berkeley (Aaron Rodgers, DeSean Jackson, Marshawn Lynch, Tony Gonzalez, and even Jahvid Best) really stood out.  Marvin, not so much.  I think once he gets a bit of extra attention, he'll come back to earth hard.

Last year at this point, Rishard Matthews had 258 yards and 3 TD.  Jones is better than that (408 and 2 TD).  But I think it is a bit too early to start carving the bust for Canton.

2 hours ago, grozeng said:

Just because I have nothing better to do and was curious

2007 - Jaxom actually won.  Race was number 1 seed which is kind of good considering he traded away Brees for Tiki Barber the year before and finished 4th.  Maelys was 3rd.  I was 5th
2008 - I came in first as the number 1 seed.  Maelys was 2nd as the 6th seed.  They do not show below 6th seed. 
2009 - Maelys first as the first seed.  I was 4th.  Race was 8th
2010 - Pyke won the league.  Not sure who that is.  Maelys finished 7th as the 8th seed. Bronn 4th.  Race 8th, Jaxom 10th.  Looks like I was not in the league that year
2011 - Pyke won again.  I finished 8th as the 7th seed.  Race was 2nd,  Bronn 6th, Jaxom 7th, Maelys was not in the league this year
2012 - Bronn came in first as the 2nd seed.  Jaxom was top seeded and came in 4th. I was 8th again. Race 7th  Maelys still not in league
2013 - Winterfell Fliers (Scuba Steve) won.  Blu-ray 2nd; Bronn 3rd.; Jace 4th; Race 7th, Maelys 8th, m 9th, Jaxom 10th.
2014 - I won, Bronn 2nd, Maelys 3rd; Jace 5th; Race 6th
2015 - Race won, me 2nd, Bronn 3rd, Jaxom 4th, Maelys 5th, Scuba Steve 6th

Ok so I got 3rd, 2nd and 1st in 2007-2009 when I got Moss for peanuts. Wasn't 2 championships like I thought but still pretty great!

Bronn - (Insert Bah humbug gif)

Edited by Analu

1 hour ago, Analu said:

Ok so I got 3rd, 2nd and 1st in 2007-2009 when I got Moss for peanuts. Wasn't 2 championships like I thought but still pretty great!

Bronn - (Insert Bah humbug gif)

Yeah, it looks like everyone has had some periods of success.

Even Jaxom won the league :)

On Monday, September 26, 2016 at 9:27 PM, grozeng said:

Yeah, it looks like everyone has had some periods of success.

Even Jaxom won the league :)

I believe 2007 was the year Experts started and I got left on the cutting room floor as the 11th invite, so I went out and won a couple leagues that year.