NFL 2016 Week 3/4: The Darkness Peers Back

Jace, Extat

6 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

If you want more, Kaep's apparently still behind the ball physically...working hard, but not close to being his old self, body/running/throwing. Don't expect a QB switch soon unless they decide to throw him to the wolves to get rid of him. 

Yeah, there's almost nothing positive to cling to regarding this team. Carlos Hyde and the aforementioned Kerley have been the only bright spots really. Buckner looked pretty good today before getting hurt. Yeesh. It's going to be a long ass season.

Just now, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yeah, there's almost nothing positive to cling to regarding this team. Carlos Hyde and the aforementioned Kerley have been the only bright spots really. Buckner looked pretty good today before getting hurt. Yeesh. It's going to be a long ass season.

Robinson's looked good. Might be a head case, though.

Well that Steelers game was way more enjoyable than last week. Plus I saw a nice young lady projectile vomiting whilst tailgating, covering the hood of a car with what looked like the lining of her stomach...that shit made my day.

Hey Jaime (or any other Redskins fans out there), did you notice that by the end of the Browns game that 7 of our 11 defensive starters going into the year were injured (Golston, Galette, Kerrigan, Hall, Breeland, Cravens, Bruton)?  Good times.  No wonder we are a giving up an astonishing 57.5% of 3rd down conversions.  By comparison, the 31st worst team at this is Detroit, at 47.0%. 

But we did win.  Barely.  Against the Browns.  At home.  So there's that. 

Wait, Jaime's a skins fan? Completely ruins my previous esteem. Jaime, man...wtf? A level below you are fair weather fans, but still...Snydet? Are you compos mentis? 

Efit: am drunk and yeah, knew you were Hogs fan, but tried to blank it out. Theisman, FFS?

8 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Hey Jaime (or any other Redskins fans out there), did you notice that by the end of the Browns game that 7 of our 11 defensive starters going into the year were injured (Golston, Galette, Kerrigan, Hall, Breeland, Cravens, Bruton)?  Good times.  No wonder we are a giving up an astonishing 57.5% of 3rd down conversions.  By comparison, the 31st worst team at this is Detroit, at 47.0%. 

Bonus Redskins image...

Jordan%20Meme%20Redskins_zpsd2fcvdh8.jpg

15 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Bonus Redskins image...

Jordan%20Meme%20Redskins_zpsd2fcvdh8.jpg

We should all agree that both the name Redskins and Jordan Crying meme are a relic from the past and need to be abandoned. 

10 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

We should all agree that both the name Redskins and Jordan Crying meme are a relic from the past and need to be abandoned. 

It's unfortunate because I love their helmets. Hopefully they wake up and realize how offensive the name is and change it and find a way to honor American Indians and keep the logo.

26 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

The defense is horrendous. The injuries are super frustrating though I think even if we were perfectly healthy, under Joe Barry we'd still be pretty bad. There's zero proof in his coaching resume that he can put together a fundamentally sound defense. The run defense especially is as bad as I can recall.

Thank God we were playing the Browns though. At the moment the Browns were on the five yard line going to be up two scores, I said to the people at my table "hey, when are the Browns going to remember they're the Browns?" And on cue they gave the ball to a FB who has never had a carry in college or the pros and he promptly fumbled. And then they fumbled again. (Both fumbles were by backs other than Isaiah Crowell who we couldn't have stopped if we had 15 guys on the field.) And then a pick and that's all she wrote. But in terms of getting off the field on 3rd down - this team has no clue how to do so. Our only chance, really, is when opponents make mistakes...which fortunately they have these last two games. 

41 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

Wait, Jaime's a skins fan? Completely ruins my previous esteem. Jaime, man...wtf? A level below you are fair weather fans, but still...Snydet? Are you compos mentis? 

Efit: am drunk and yeah, knew you were Hogs fan, but tried to blank it out. Theisman, FFS?

Please. One doesn't get to choose where they grew up or what team they'd become emotionally attached to as a kid. Personally I wish it had been one that's less infuriating, with a name that's less offensive, with an owner that's not a terrible human being, but it didn't work out that way. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't become, say, a Broncos fan. Watching them play (fantastically), most weeks for 10 years, I still feel nothing. But seeing the Burgundy and Gold take the field, even after all the bullshit, it still stirs something within me. Eventually the pile of bullshit may get so high I stop caring, and don't get me wrong it has become harder to be a fan of this team in recent years, but I'm not there yet. 

5 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Please. One doesn't get to choose where they grew up or what team they'd become emotionally attached to as a kid. Personally I wish it had been one that's less infuriating, with a name that's less offensive, with an owner that's not a terrible human being, but it didn't work out that way. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't become, say, a Broncos fan. Watching them play (fantastically), most weeks for 10 years, I still feel nothing. But seeing the Burgundy and Gold take the field, even after all the bullshit, it still stirs something within me. Eventually the pile of bullshit may get so high I stop caring, and don't get me wrong it has become harder to be a fan of this team in recent years, but I'm not there yet. 

I suppose James Arryn has a slightly different perspective, especially where football is concerned. He basically got to adopt a team. My experience is yours. I was programmed by my father at an early age. Choice didn't really enter into it.

Archived