U.S. Elections: Orange is the New Wack

Manhole Eunuchsbane

4 minutes ago, Shryke said:

No, it's not. Frankly, the media throwing a fit about her telling the truth and others reluctance to tell the truth about this facet of the US electorate is the whole problem. It's why Trump is where he is right now. Because no one wants to come out publicly and say the truth: that the US has a fucking substantial portion of it's electorate, almost entirely white, that are deeply racist and vote accordingly.

This is basically one of the cornerstones to understanding the shape of American politics since at least the end of the civil war.

But it's not "polite" to point it out apparently. And so it festers like a sore. And then it explodes.

It was a stupid statement. She admitted as much and apologized for it. She's been trying to distance herself from it ever since. Why anyone would bother to defend it at this point is beyond me. 

On a lighter note, NC Democrats opened (and already fully funded and stopped) a GoFundMe to raise money to reopen the fire-bombed Republican office.

Everyone but the arsonist and Trump seems to have responded very well to the incident.

1 minute ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Except pointing out that this almost entirely white electorate is deeply racist and vote accordingly isn't the same as calling them all a basket full of deplorables.  Deplorable can mean practically anything.  Racist is pretty specific.  I don't support shying away from that word.  

They aren't just racist. Also misogynistic, anti-semitic, neo-nazi, and a whole host of other things.

Deplorable is a nice catchall. It's a really useful term frankly. They've even adopted it for themselves!

It would probably be considered hate speech if someone called a bunch of people they don't know or have never met racists.(Not saying I'm personally above it, I've called plenty of people racists that I don't know, but theres usually more reason than because of who they voted for)I know it's different when a Democrat engages in hate speech, but it isnt.

Concerning Bernie, I don't think he was paid but the Budowsky e-mail had me wondering if "money in the bank" meant actual money or if it was just a saying. Looks like he could mean some sort of credit from the voters by it, idk.

Also, what's this about Bernie maybe still winning Vermont and messing up the plan????

1 minute ago, Shryke said:

They aren't just racist. Also misogynistic, anti-semitic, neo-nazi, and a whole host of other things.

Deplorable is a nice catchall. It's a really useful term frankly. They've even adopted it for themselves!

Well they dint describe themselves as racist.

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

It was a stupid statement. She admitted as much and apologized for it. She's been trying to distance herself from it ever since. Why anyone would bother to defend it at this point is beyond me. 

No, it wasn't a stupid statement. And she apologised for the same reason any politician does when they tell the truth but get clucked at by the media and such for doing so. To keep up appearances. I know you aren't so stupid as to not know how this works, so I've no idea why you keep pretending.

The public and the media would make her apologise if she got up on stage for the 3rd debate and called him a racist sexist piece of shit. That would not make her incorrect though.

Just now, Shryke said:

Then call them misogynist, anti-semitic, neo-nazi, etc.  Deplorable isn't a precise enough word.  It's a nice catchall for casual conversation.  Not for a presidential candidate.  I think these bigots deserve precision in their labeling.  

And they've adopted it for themselves to use in a racist way which they don't even realize they are doing.  Pieces of deplorable scum.  

4 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

It would probably be considered hate speech if someone called a bunch of people they don't know or have never met racists.(Not saying I'm personally above it, I've called plenty of people racists that I don't know, but theres usually more reason than because of who they voted for)I know it's different when a Democrat engages in hate speech, but it isnt.

No it wouldn't.

I mean, I know some racists like to think it is because "calling people racist is the real racism" is a big thing these days, but it's still just delusional.

Just now, Shryke said:

No it wouldn't.

I mean, I know some racists like to think it is because "calling people racist is the real racism" is a big thing these days, but it's still just delusional.

Hey man, don't call me an "R" word, that's hate speech!  

N'ah, I just don't think it will fly. 

34 minutes ago, Shryke said:

The public and the media would make her apologise if she got up on stage for the 3rd debate and called him a racist sexist piece of shit. That would not make her incorrect though.

That would make her stupid though. That's the point. Truthful or not, it was stupid for her to say it in a public forum. I know you're not so stupid as to not know how this works, so I've no idea why you keep pretending.

4 minutes ago, Shryke said:

No it wouldn't.

That's fair enough, I consider Hillary and the bulk of her supporters to be racist as well. So no matter the outcome of the election, racism still comes out on top.

Just now, DunderMifflin said:

That's fair enough, I consider Hillary and the bulk of her supporters to be racist as well. So no matter the outcome of the election, racism still comes out on top.

Is this another one of those things where you have a good argument and evidence but can't tell it publicly for reasons?

Clinton saying basket of deplorable was a stupid thing to say.

It was also a totally accurate thing to say.

She should have had Biden say it. Or Obama. Ooh, or Warren. It would have worked great from Warren.

1 hour ago, DunderMifflin said:

Also, what's this about Bernie maybe still winning Vermont and messing up the plan????

In the unlikely event of a Bernie write-in winning Vermont (it won't, but let's run with it), Bernie would instruct the Electoral College delegates to vote for Hillary. Problem solved.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

That would make her stupid though. That's the point. Truthful or not, it was stupid for her to say it in a public forum. I know you're not so stupid as to not know how this works, so I've no idea why you keep pretending.

And you still fail to explain how it was an absurd comment. It really wasn't one. I already explained how labeling all Trump supporters, and yes every single one, as deplorable is not off base or hyperbolic. Boo hoo, she said a "mean" and truthful thing about a group of people supporting a disgusting individual. get the fuck over it already. 

4 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Also, it's seems calling someone racist can be considered defamation in some states so it's probably not a good idea for a Presidential candidate to do it based on who someone votes for.

Well, given the shit Trump has been saying and some of his policies as well as his history and being sued for being a bigot, I'd say it's dead on, especially when he has klansmen and white nationalists supporting him because of his bigoted policies and words.

Archived