Snippets from season 7

Arataniello

53 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

Im going to be laughing my ass off alot arent I?

Well I don't believe most of the leaks are true. You can only make such a detailed description of the season if you've seen the scripts or at least a read summary of the scripts. I think the person who leaked the stuff knew a few things like Jon going to Dragonstone or Dany using Dragonstone as her base (both things people started speculating about after the end of season 6) and filled the rest with some complete fan fiction. Come on people allying with Cersei while the one thing that most people of Dany's alliance have in common is the fact that they all hate Cersei?! Apart from this some people on Reddit apparently send the leaker some PMs and he or she started to make contradictions. 

However, if the leaks are true then we are gonna have a wonderful time in the Rant and Rave threads :lmao:

BTW weren't you already laughing your ass off in season 6? I did it quite a few times. 

9 minutes ago, Evarei said:

Well as per the writers and Martin the key plot points and the storylines of the big 5 will be more or less the same as what GRRM envisioned so...

that will be in the finale episodes of the show

41 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

Well I don't believe most of the leaks are true. You can only make such a detailed description of the season if you've seen the scripts or at least a read summary of the scripts. I think the person who leaked the stuff knew a few things like Jon going to Dragonstone or Dany using Dragonstone as her base (both things people started speculating about after the end of season 6) and filled the rest with some complete fan fiction. Come on people allying with Cersei while the one thing that most people of Dany's alliance have in common is the fact that they all hate Cersei?! Apart from this some people on Reddit apparently send the leaker some PMs and he or she started to make contradictions. 

However, if the leaks are true then we are gonna have a wonderful time in the Rant and Rave threads :lmao:

BTW weren't you already laughing your ass off in season 6? I did it quite a few times. 

Spoiler

Wight polar bear :lol:

@ Ruhail: The show's version of ice spiders or LC Mormont who skinchanged before he died? ;)

35 minutes ago, Evarei said:

Well as per the writers and Martin the key plot points and the storylines of the big 5 will be more or less the same as what GRRM envisioned so...

Maybe their fates and endings will be the same. Along with a few things that happen to them along the road, but how things happen will be completely different. Arya will probably leave the FM, but how that happens will be completely different in the books. Dany will probably gain the Dothraki to her cause, but this will happen in a different way because she's not fireproof in the books and Drogon is with her when she encounters the Dothraki. She will sail for Westeros, but I doubt that the Dornish will join her cause and neither will Theon, Asha and Varys.  Basically TWOW and Season 6 might have similar endings for some characters, but the entire journey of the characters will be different. Something similar might happen with ADOS and and Season 7 and 8.  

12 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

I must admit the initial leaks seemed really fictional but all the more proven leaks are backing them up, I really don't like this idea of Dany summoning Jon and holding him hostage whilst Davos is running around with Tyrion.

what? he's not held hostage. are you sure you read them right? even the set photos from today show us Jon and Davos are guests, they are not in a hostile place.

Another shady thing is that there's no mention of the big Godswood and the high-stakes scene in the spoilers. Or the big 3-day parade in King's Landing David and Dan commented on. He also doesn't identify the little boy we've seen on set, only the redhead most of us assumed would be Alys Karstark. Is it because the fandom didn't come up with any reasonable guesses for the boy so he couldn't use any of them?

Surely such scenes would be more important and memorable to mention in a leak than how Jon and Dany looked at each other at that one time?

8 minutes ago, Evarei said:

what? he's not held hostage. are you sure you read them right? even the set photos from today show us Jon and Davos are guests, they are not in a hostile place.

Another shady thing is that there's no mention of the big Godswood and the high-stakes scene in the spoilers. Or the big 3-day parade in King's Landing David and Dan commented on. He also doesn't identify the little boy we've seen on set, only the redhead most of us assumed would be Alys Karstark. Is it because the fandom didn't come up with any reasonable guesses for the boy so he couldn't use any of them?

Surely such scenes would be more important and memorable to mention in a leak than how Jon and Dany looked at each other at that one time?

He also doesn't mention Daario at all, even though we know Michael Huisman is filming this year.  He doesn't mention Jim Broadbents role either, and when he was cast news sites said his role was "significant".  

The most reasonable conclusion here is that leaker definitely knows some stuff, but not everything.  And he likely got some details wrong, if only because the scenes haven't even been shot yet and changes are made during production, I'm certain.    

1 hour ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

The way I read it, Dany's invasion is basically a clusterfuck from the start, so she fails to destroy Cersei with her early efforts.  Then after Dany sees the WWs with her own eyes her choice is to continue a destructive war against Cersei in the South or ask for a truce and turn her Dragons/army North.  

Dany decides to end/postpone her quest for the throne to defend the North.  They show Cersei the wight in an attempt to get her to see reason and help defeat the apocalypse, but Cersei, predictably, ain't helping anyone.  

That sequence of events makes sense to me.  I've always expected Dany's invasion to be a disaster, and Dany ultimately being a hero by choosing to defend the realm over taking the throne is also something many people have predicted for years. 

56 minutes ago, Ruhail said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Wight polar bear :lol:

There's a wight bear in the books.  Not a polar bear I don't think, but still a bear.  It attacks the NW on the Fist of the First Men I believe.    

4 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

He also doesn't mention Daario at all, even though we know Michael Huisman is filming this year.  He doesn't mention Jim Broadbents role either, and when he was cast news sites said his role was "significant".  

The most reasonable conclusion here is that leaker definitely knows some stuff, but not everything.  And he likely got some details wrong, if only because the scenes haven't even been shot yet and changes are made during production, I'm certain.    

The way I read it, Dany's invasion is basically a clusterfuck from the start, so she fails to destroy Cersei with her early efforts.  Then after Dany sees the WWs with her own eyes her choice is to continue a destructive war against Cersei in the South or ask for a truce and turn her Dragons/army North.  

Dany decides to end/postpone her quest for the throne to defend the North.  They show Cersei the wight in an attempt to get her to see reason and help defeat the apocalypse, but Cersei, predictably, ain't helping anyone.  

That sequence of events makes sense to me.  I've always expected Dany's invasion to be a disaster, and Dany ultimately being a hero by choosing to defend the realm over taking the throne is also something many people have predicted for years. 

There's a wight bear in the books.  Not a polar bear I don't think, but still a bear.  It attacks the NW on the Fist of the First Men I believe.    

I know. I'm laughing at the supposed context

38 minutes ago, Evarei said:

no they said that about season 6 and in general.

I don't recall it. The fates of the characters and certain events possibly but the journey is very different at the moment to converge with Winds of Winter in general at this point of the story. The ending will sure be the same as they repeteadly Said.

18 minutes ago, Ser Wun Wun said:

I didn't know that Michael Huisman had been confirmed filming. Thanks for the info. 

Narratively speaking it makes sense for Dany's invasion to be a disaster I don't want to go too much into the book comparison, but I could really see it happening there. We have powerful forces who will oppose Dany because we have Aegon with the Golden Company and probably Dorne and Euron with all his magical objects. 

Now in the show Dany has been overpowered too much and her enemies appear too weak to be a real threat to her, at least at the end of season 6. She has a massive army and her opponents are: 

- Cersei who doesn't have a lot of support and the Lannister force have been weakened by all the wars. On top of that the Lannister gold mines have run dry, so they can't hire sell swords and in order to feed the population of KL the Lannisters were dependent on food from the Reach, but Olenna will withdraw this support. So Cersei is not powerful enough the only way she could harm Dany would be if she nukes KL when Dany's army enters it. 

- Euron: Plans to build a giant fleet on an island with no ships and wants to man them, but the Iron Islands shouldn't have a population big enough to man 1000 ships. If he suddenly manages to do this it will be highly unrealistic. On top of this all of his magical objects have been excluded from the show, so far.

My point is: The show should not have overpowered Dany so much and they should have made her enemies more powerful. Otherwise it will be unrealistic for them to damage her forces. 

1 hour ago, Evarei said:

D & D have already said that the show won't spoil the books and that only some key elements will be same between books and show 

they also said that people will be very surprised when they read the next book 

7 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

I didn't know that Michael Huisman had been confirmed filming. Thanks for the info. 

Narratively speaking it makes sense for Dany's invasion to be a disaster I don't want to go too much into the book comparison, but I could really see it happening there. We have powerful forces who will oppose Dany because we have Aegon with the Golden Company and probably Dorne and Euron with all his magical objects. 

Now in the show Dany has been overpowered too much and her enemies appear too weak to be a real threat to her, at least at the end of season 6. She has a massive army and her opponents are: 

- Cersei who doesn't have a lot of support and the Lannister force have been weakened by all the wars. On top of that the Lannister gold mines have run dry, so they can't hire sell swords and in order to feed the population of KL the Lannisters were dependent on food from the Reach, but Olenna will withdraw this support. So Cersei is not powerful enough the only way she could harm Dany would be if she nukes KL when Dany's army enters it. 

- Euron: Plans to build a giant fleet on an island with no ships and wants to man them, but the Iron Islands shouldn't have a population big enough to man 1000 ships. If he suddenly manages to do this it will be highly unrealistic. On top of this all of his magical objects have been excluded from the show, so far.

My point is: The show should not have overpowered Dany so much and they should have made her enemies more powerful. Otherwise it will be unrealistic for them to damage her forces. 

D&D don't care about such details.  They've demonstrated that repeatedly over the years.  Cersei and Euron are the endgame villains, so they have the means to hurt the heroes.  Magically appearing armies, gold and other resources, you name it, they got it.  

Why?  Cause "plot", that's why.  With D&D, it's as frustratingly simple as that.  Always has been.  

2 minutes ago, Lady of Whisperers said:

- Euron: Plans to build a giant fleet on an island with no ships and wants to man them, but the Iron Islands shouldn't have a population big enough to man 1000 fleets. If he suddenly manages to do this it will be highly unrealistic. On top of this all of his magical objects have been excluded from the show, so far.

How many times in the history bigger army fucked up. I think they did this on purpose, so than show us how Dany is not always wisest and best, she'll make mistake. Thus allowing Jon a bit of bargain, room for negotiations. HOTU visions showed that Dany turned away from Iron Throne towards the North. makes sense as Wun Wun said here to do this on the show.

I would say that will lose and than it allows Cersei to live a bit longer. Also, room how to have Lena on the show and not kill her that quickly.

Also it showed that humanity needs to be united that means even Lannsietsr but I don't think even if they did this, that Cersei would be loyal and what leaks said describes her perfectly to allowing Lannisters join forces with Jon and Dany but betraying them. Euron seem in show either as big deal or filler..

53 minutes ago, Evarei said:

no they said that about season 6 and in general.

Nope. Wrong. Here: 

“People are talking about whether the books are going to be spoiled – and it’s really not true,” Benioff told EW. “So much of what we’re doing diverges from the books at this point. And while there are certain key elements that will be the same, we’re not going to talk so much about that – and I don’t think George is either. People are going to be very surprised when they read the books after the show. They’re quite divergent in so many respects for the remainder of the show.”

This was before season 6 came out.

Some of this might be true , but 80% of this is BS. Cersei is fucked , if Dany or Tyrion meets Cersei she's dead , they are not gonna let her live . 

The Dragonstone meetings are more likely to happen at the end of the season . 

14 minutes ago, LordImp said:

No mentions on Melisandre? 

IIRC, one of the leaker's posts said she briefly appeared, mostly lamented her various mistakes and then said something like 'Ice and Fire have met, at least I did something right'.  

No mention of her meeting Arya or anything like that, which I find odd.  The show clearly foreshadowed those two running into each other again, and they should both be in the Riverlands.  

He was pretty sparse on the details regarding things that weren't directly Jon/Dany related.  

Archived