College Basketball - Year of the Blue Bloods?

RedEyedGhost

On 12/9/2016 at 6:32 PM, Rhom said:

Welp... that's not a good look for Carlton Bragg.

At least have the decency to look appropriately contrite in your mugshot dude...

I would probably have a grin as well, if I knew that the charges were bogus.  I'm glad that there was a security video to exonerate him, otherwise his career...errr....life might be over based on a lie. 

15 hours ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Charges against Carlton Bragg dismissed. I knew that she ended up being arrested the day after he was, but the officers found video of her repeatedly slapping and shoving him he pushed her away, and she fell up some steps (not down a flight of stairs).

As Glaurung said... really glad for him it happened on camera.

Yes.  Definitely the flip side of the Ray Rice camera situation.

However, this will definitely be the very definition of printing the retraction on page four after the initial story was headline news.

4 hours ago, Rhom said:

Yes.  Definitely the flip side of the Ray Rice camera situation.

However, this will definitely be the very definition of printing the retraction on page four after the initial story was headline news.

Yeah...probably.  I know people already who were all too keen on bashing him last week, but are strangely quiet now.  Local news sources and radio talk shows who covered this for hours have given no more than lip service to the fact that evidence has cleared him.  It's just the way it is.  Controversy makes money in the media.  

Memphis with an impressive win at Oklahoma in OT... they took their first lead of the game with 50 seconds left in regulation, then won the battle in overtime.  I have to admit I'm a Tubby Smith fanboy, and I'm glad to see things going well for him & Memphis.  I think it's a really good fit for both him and school there.

Be still, heart!

That was unreal.  When UNC took the lead late, I thought it was over, then Monk and UK pull it out!  Unbelievable game.  I can't remember ever seeing two teams hit 100 points in regulation... and Monk!  

If we can just learn to get back and play some defense... might be dangerous come March.

I don't use my office twitter account nearly enough.  And I probably shouldn't use it for things like this... but I needed some way to get this picture into the thread!  :lol: 

You guys have played a really awesome non-con schedule this year.  Too bad there's so few interesting UK games once conference play starts.  That's why you like the Big XII - SEC challenge in the middle of the conference slate isn't?

20 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

You guys have played a really awesome non-con schedule this year.  Too bad there's so few interesting UK games once conference play starts.  That's why you like the Big XII - SEC challenge in the middle of the conference slate isn't?

Yes.  The SEC has been down and stayed down.  I remember a few years ago when the PAC XII was down and I gave them grief, now they are back up to at least 6 bids to the dance while the SEC will be lucky to get 4.

I also think it would have been better if we'd had a team like Kansas to refocus the undefeated squad.  Ah well... what might have been.

Overall, we need this UofL win for seeding far more than UofL really needs it.  If we were to lose to them, then Kansas is really the only game left on the schedule to really make your case for a one seed.  :dunno: 

4 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Another notice of allegations has been given to UNC.  Should be interesting to see what's in this one.  Makes me wonder if the NCAA actually put the football and basketball stuff back in it.

I just saw that and was coming here to post that.  I have no idea, but at this point I can't imagine they would.

1 minute ago, Rhom said:

I just saw that and was coming here to post that.  I have no idea, but at this point I can't imagine they would.

But the NCAA did say awhile back that they no longer considered UNC a partner in the investigation, so it does sound like they're getting at least a little upset with how it's going.

29 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Yep :)  As for tourney seeding, the SEC schedule offers very little upside for wins, and a ton of downside for any losses.  I guess SoCar is in the top 25, but I don't expect that to last long.  

I am be in pushed from my comfort zone... we have been invited and peer pressured into going to a neighbor's for the game.  Said neighbor is a UofL fan.  However, he did tell me he bet 1K on the Cats...

One of many reasons I'm not a gambler!

Archived