College Basketball - Year of the Blue Bloods?

RedEyedGhost

26 minutes ago, S John said:

While I also hope we don't storm the court, I would be very happy if that is what I'm worried about at the end of the game.  

Me too. I don't expect anything less in Motown and I'm sure you don't either. It would just be nice to get a win and show that we expected it. 

4 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Me too. I don't expect anything less in Motown and I'm sure you don't either. It would just be nice to get a win and show that we expected it. 

Yea, especially since we beat a #1 team in Morgantown last year.  

2 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

And the DirectTv service tech has already been here!!!!!! Now, a 6er of Heineken and some wings from my buddy's bar and we're all set. The Coliseum will be rocking tonight, that I know. Now, IF we win, I hope and pray we do not storm the court. But, I give the changes of that happening if we do win at .000001%. Unfortunately, we will not act like we belong.

Fair warning... its windy as shit here in Kentucky today and that stuff always goes West to East.  Its coming your way.  Pray for your dish that it doesn't get there until later.

31 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Fair warning... its windy as shit here in Kentucky today and that stuff always goes West to East.  Its coming your way.  Pray for your dish that it doesn't get there until later.

I had WVU celebrating a win over #1 on my mind...I thought for a second this was going to be a warning about the hazards of couch burning in such windy conditions. :lol:  

3 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I had WVU celebrating a win over #1 on my mind...I thought for a second this was going to be a warning about the hazards of couch burning in such windy conditions. :lol:  

You raise a fair point...

My cousin was a firefighter in Morgantown for a little while recently before transferring to a department in his hometown.  Despite the legal ramifications, I believe he did have to extinguish a few unusual objects in his time there.  I do know they've really cracked down on it though.  I heard that if you are a WVU student and even seen to be in a video featuring a flaming couch, the school will likely suspend you for a semester, or perhaps permanently if you are one of the ringleaders .

28 minutes ago, S John said:

My cousin was a firefighter in Morgantown for a little while recently before transferring to a department in his hometown.  Despite the legal ramifications, I believe he did have to extinguish a few unusual objects in his time there.  I do know they've really cracked down on it though.  I heard that if you are a WVU student and even seen to be in a video featuring a flaming couch, the school will likely suspend you for a semester, or perhaps permanently if you are one of the ringleaders .

Oh, I think it was 00 or 01, but we beat VTech when they was ranked 2 or 3. Fun times. Seen students get hit with pepper spray (they were like gallon jugs of it shooting jets into the crowd, stopped an dead in their tracks.) for trying to take down the goal post. My buddy lived in the Apts right by the stadium. We went back and someone was burning a couch so my buddy and his roommate throw theirs into the pile. I was thinking the whole time, "Now what are they gonna do for furniture?". I mean these are poor students and they're throwing their furniture in a fire, while their eating oodles and noodles.

1 hour ago, S John said:

I would love to see the backroom meetings were the 'discount' furniture places in town tried to get that law rejected.

32 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

?

If we beat Baylor tonight we gonna be storming. I don't know about it being a farce or who cares about it. 

They threatened to reduce home games for repeat offenders.

Some of the new penalties each school could face range from a fine to the loss of future home games.

Yet no one has even had a fine levied against them yet = farce.

27 minutes ago, S John said:

Well I liked our chances but I wasn't expecting to mop the floor with them.  Works for me!

Indeed. Felt good about it all day. This team has totally embraced Huggy and Press Virginia. With my schedule I don't get to see many games. But, when Myles got T'd up for hanging on the rim and you could lip read Huggy saying, "This isn't about you!", just reinforces why I love the guy so much. I think we're more talented and deeper than last year. I like our chances against anyone. A good, poised backcourt is our poison though.

ETA: I knew they would storm, can't help themselves. Oh well.

Archived