College Basketball - Year of the Blue Bloods?

RedEyedGhost

Remember last year's tournament where Coach K was lecturing Oregon’s Dillon Brooks after the Ducks sent his minions home for the summer? Looks like Dillon learned something from that encounter.

:lmao: 

3 hours ago, Ded As Ned said:

Hmmmmm.  A trend seems to have started.

Is this one of those guess pattern things? 1, 2, 6, X?

Suspended in December, suspended in January, not on the team next season. Did I get it correct?? I think did...

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Remember last year's tournament where Coach K was lecturing Oregon’s Dillon Brooks after the Ducks sent his minions home for the summer? Looks like Dillon learned something from that encounter.

I almost lost exactly this same post last night :stunned:

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

Did they get #2 for pushing off?  It looked like he used his arm a bit there, then you hear the whistle and he stops playing, and then Brooks goes flying.  Makes it even worse if he'd already drawn a foul making the whole spectacle unnecessary.  :lol:

8 hours ago, Rhom said:

It was just a glitch in the Matrix.  Nothing to see here

1 hour ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Rumor on my Jayhawk MB is that Bragg posted a picture of himself with a bong on some social media outlet.  What an idiot. 

Should have just posted a picture with a skanky school nurse or something...

That Brooks flop was something.  

Speaking of Oregon but nothing to do with that (at least I think), they've won 17 in a row now.  UCLA who totally looked like a 1 seed has lost two in a row though it was to Arizona and a pretty good USC team on the road.  I think the Pac-12 can still get a 1 seed if one of UCLA, Oregon, or Arizona separates down the stretch and only loses one or two more games.  But maybe even if not they could get a couple of 2's and a 3.

Feel bad for this Collins kid from Texas A&M. The press is really, really bothering this guy.

Kansas vs Kentucky gonna be a good game. @RedEyedGhost, what exactly is going on in the Bragg situation. I keep hearing them talk about how it might effect the Kansas players, yet they don't say why.

16 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Kansas vs Kentucky gonna be a good game. @RedEyedGhost, what exactly is going on in the Bragg situation. I keep hearing them talk about how it might effect the Kansas players, yet they don't say why.

Rumor is he posted a pic of himself with a bong on social media.  This also occurred around the same time as an alleged rape of a 16 year old in the building where the basketball team lives (not by anybody on the team they have definitively said, but details are very sparse), and several of the team are listed as witnesses in the police report.  So there's speculation that in that investigation there may have been some issues with Bragg and said bong.  Nothing has really been made public yet.  And while thankfully no basketball players were involved in that horrible event, I image it is a massive distraction.

17 minutes ago, RedEyedGhost said:

Rumor is he posted a pic of himself with a bong on social media.  This also occurred around the same time as an alleged rape of a 16 year old in the building where the basketball team lives (not by anybody on the team they have definitively said, but details are very sparse), and several of the team are listed as witnesses in the police report.  So there's speculation that in that investigation there may have been some issues with Bragg and said bong.  Nothing has really been made public yet.  And while thankfully no basketball players were involved in that horrible event, I image it is a massive distraction.

Thanks. Yeah, I imagine being involved in the investigation of an alleged rape would be a distraction. Awful. 

Quite a win for KU, REG.  I think I've forgotten to mention that your big, 33, went to a neighboring HS of mine and I used to barely know his coach.  Always fun to see local folks succeed.  

UK has had two tough home losses but can at least say it was against some competition.

WTF happened to UNC today?  Saw them down huge to Miami.  

Also, I just want everyone to know that the Pac-12 network is still not available to tons of people in LA depending on what cable provide, r serves your area.  Such BS.  I've missed so many games I would have watched.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Good game REG.  Thought we had that one in the first half.  Solid play all around in the second 20.

Best of luck in the rest of your murderers row.

You're not alone.  We missed like 4 or 5 wide open threes by guys that never miss wide open threes, so I thought your guys were just going to run us.  Jackson was just amazing.  Monk and Fox were as good as advertised on your end.  Sorry to hang that loss on you, and if I'm being honest I would have prefered winning Tuesday and losing today, if I could pick and choose.  I had zero expectations of the win tonight, so I am elated. They showed so much fight after getting down big (12/13?), that I hope they can keep that fight through the end of the season, and into April!  

2 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Nice win on the road, REG. 

Sometimes I think Bill Self knows how to mix the perfect drink.

love that he took a little out of Jay Wright's playbook tonight.  Our Elite Eight game against them last season was so frustrating because they never played the same defense on more than two straight possessions, and I loved that we kept switching from man to 2-3 to triangle and 2 (although it was mostly back and forth between the latter two in the second half).  I image we play like that quite a bit more the rest of the year.  

Good luck the rest of the way, guys!

And I have to give your fans a little bit of shit.  Did those geniuses think of that all by themselves, or did one of their grandmothers tell them that what they did when KU visited UK when she was there age? (It was even unoriginal way back then!)  I hope Calipari gets on the blue hairs for ducking out so early, that was embarrassing and had to be bad for your team watching them leave when they still had a chance to win.

1 hour ago, Triskan said:

Quite a win for KU, REG.  I think I've forgotten to mention that your big, 33, went to a neighboring HS of mine and I used to barely know his coach.  Always fun to see local folks succeed.  

Lucas did extremely well on Adebayo tonight, and really the past two seasons overall.  As an unranked recruit his development has been great.  He is not the most athletic guy, but he's got a big body and he's smart as shit so he uses it just as well as anybody could.  We've got another kid from up that way (transferred in at semester from ASU) on our roster that will play next year, Sam Cunliffe.  

Colbey had his best game as a Jayhawk tonight.  I'm really hopeful that he can keep that up.  Since his ACL repair he hasn't had nearly the athleticism that he had at Ole Miss, but he looked good tonight.  Maybe he felt at home back in SEC country.  We'll need him if Bragg doesn't get his head on straight. 

2 hours ago, Triskan said:

WTF happened to UNC today?  Saw them down huge to Miami.  

In ACC action today,

14 Notre Dame loses to Ga Tech

6 FSU loses to Syracuse

9 UNC loses to Miami

17 Duke should have lost at Wake

Naturally the narrative will be "Look at how tough the ACC is!!!!!!  ZOMG!!!!!  Depth!!!!!"

Looking at seeding after today, its pretty clear that Gonzaga will get a one seed.  Kansas will get a one seed.  What happens after that?

Can Nova hang on?  I think they're the most likely candidate to get the third one seed.

I'm not buying Baylor.  I think they have two losses to Kansas coming and probably at least one more.  So I'm seeing a two for them.  Where's that last one seed coming from?  UCLA has lost two in a row.  The rest of the PAC has some bad losses sprinkled in their resume.  UK is only 1-3 against the really good out of conference opponents.   The ACC is obviously beating itself up.  Maybe Baylor can still slip in there.  :dunno: 

Archived