College Basketball - Year of the Blue Bloods?

RedEyedGhost

On 2/4/2017 at 11:57 PM, Ferrum Aeternum said:

Ole Miss has now beaten Vandy 6 of 7 times. This is awesome as a fan, but even moreso, because Bryce Drew. I mean seriously, fuck that guy.  

That's some Laettner level hate right there 

Well UK survived at home against arguably the worst team in the SEC in LSU... Up by as many as 25, UK's relentless defense allowed the tigers to score 58 in the second half on 63% shooting and pull within 6 late in the game before closing it out to a whopping 7 point win.  Monk has not had a rebound in nearly 80 minutes of play.  

Again, this is against a team that is 1-9 in the SEC and had lost 9 in a row.

Nothing to see here.

3 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

Well UK survived at home against arguably the worst team in the SEC in LSU... Up by as many as 25, UK's relentless defense allowed the tigers to score 58 in the second half on 63% shooting and pull within 6 late in the game before closing it out to a whopping 7 point win.  Monk has not had a rebound in nearly 80 minutes of play.  

Again, this is against a team that is 1-9 in the SEC and had lost 9 in a row.

Nothing to see here.

:bang: 

On ‎01‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 8:49 AM, Rhom said:

Really do need to hold a remedial cheering clinic for SEC fans. Vandy and Mississippi State chant over rated while losing; Tennessee fans sing Nah Nah Hey Hey Goodbye to a guy with three fouls...

Well, if anyone knows anything about cheering, it is UK.

Annoyed that the DoL Fiduciary rule has taken up so much of my time, but it looks like I really haven't been missing anything with Duke.  Tomorrow will be a really good barometer for what this team really is.  Went from a title contender to a "yeah, they could get to the 16 with the right bracket" fast enough to give whiplash.

Again on the other side of the court, UConn women closing in on 100 consecutive wins and just broke the road wins streak I believe.

VCU is the luckiest team alive. For a 2nd straight game, the opposing team hits a buzzer beater 3pter to win, only for the refs to put .4 seconds back on the clock and for us to pull out some miracle (technical against St. Bonnies, blocking foul against GW). Final Four here we come!

Ole Miss was down 23 in the 2nd half this evening against Auburn and ended up winning by 6.  Terrence (sneaky awesome) Davis had 26 points, all in the 2nd half.  

We ain't worth a shit and we're not even going to the tournament but damn if we're not entertaining.  Andy gonna Kennedy.

17 hours ago, Triskan said:

They just showed a mock bracket of top 4 seeds in each region and had five loss Kentucky a 3 seed in the same region as 3 loss UCLA as the 4 seed, and UCLA won convincingly at Kentucky.  Doesn't seem quite right to me.  

Yeah... that whole bracket was BS.  Nova is the overall one seed.  So who do they get?  Louisville as the two, Kentucky the three, and UCLA the four... riiiiiight.

Big game tonight @RedEyedGhost

I don't see a WVU victory in Lawrence, but barring an uncharacteristic and very unlikely KU collapse down the stretch, its a must-win for WVU to stay in the conference race.  If KU goes 1-1 this week between WVU and Baylor they'll just about have it wrapped up.  If they lose both and WVU can make it the next few games unscathed (also unlikely, imo) then we'll have the tiebreaker.  

Any word on Mason, heard that he was ill or tweaked an ankle or something?  Mountaineers' chances go up quite a bit if KU is left without his ball-handling skills.  But I hope he plays.  If a victory is to occur, its always better if the opponent is at full strength.  

Mason had the ever ambiguous "flu like symptoms" on Saturday, and tweaked his ankle in that game, but still played the rest of the game (until he fouled out with >3min to play).  Are you guys back to full strength?  Didn't Miles or Carter miss the trip to Oklahoma last week?  I really don't see us losing twice in AFH in the same season, but stranger things have happened.  To get the win tonight your 3's better be falling.  In our three losses we've given up 15 (IU), 13 (WVU), and 18 (ISU).  If we go 1-1 this week, the last week of conference play will be intense, because that's when you're guys are @Baylor, and we're @OSU where Coach Self is notoriously bad.  And 1-1 is what I'm expecting.  I keep hoping Baylor will stumble and they keep not doing it.

Yea, I'd like our chances better had ISU not won in AFH last week.  

Daxter Miles was out for OU I believe, but he played a bit against Kansas State Saturday.  He hasn't done a lot lately in any case, but maybe he's due for a nice game.  I'll be curious to see how many minutes Huggs gives to Beetle Bolden.  He hasn't played a lot this season (he's young), but him and Lamont West (also young) are the best shooters we have.  Other than those two guys, and the occasional open look from Carter or Adrian, I'd prefer WVU work the ball inside and attack in the paint.   We are an improved shooting team, but certainly not good enough to be launching three's all game when we aren't quite the offense rebounding machine of past seasons.  

IMO, Carter and Adrian, and particularly Carter, are the two guys that WVU really needs to win games.  We can limp along without any one member of the rest of the cast.  

Archived