Choose your (Valyrian) steel

One-eyed Misbehavin

39 minutes ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Truth.

The sword of House Rogare. I have this cute little head-canon that this sword is what Quaithe was talking about when Dany asked what she would find in Asshai that she wouldn't find in Qarth.

In reality, I probably couldn't even lift one of these. I'd need a VS sword like Needle to be able to fight.

If only you knew how many times I've repeated your head canon in the sword threads, Lady!   It's good to see you stayed on the page you showed me! 

5 hours ago, Cridefea said:

Not sure if Darksister (for the history), Oathkeeper (for the potential and I also love the color :rolleyes:) or Just Maid (ok, it is from a legend but... wow! btw are there any good thread about it?)

You can find some nice info about the legendary swords in Blind Beth The Cat Lady's topics.   Maybe March last year.   Really interesting stuff.  

44 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

I almost went orphan-maker/dawn just for the colors. But I want Aemon and Daemon and Bloodraven's sword

Great now you won't be able to get me to shut up.  Good job, One-eyed.  Speaking of colors, Red Rain is supposed to have a distinctive color.  I've seen artist's renderings and scoured the text, but there is nothing concrete anywhere.  Don't throw that one out until you know if it's purple or aqua or maybe sparkled.  

23 minutes ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

idk I think I like straight black or straight white over anything. Very intimidating either way. But I'll admit red is too

If you've ever seen milk glass it's sort of spooky looking, like you might expect a ghost to look like.  No, not a ghost, a specter.  I like to haunt antique shops for colored glass--it's almost got a blue hue to it.  So Dawn must be something to behold in action--all of Starfall for that matter! I would think that a black blade would sort of shimmer--I'm thinking polished obsidian here, endless darkness.  We were recently discussing the possible color of Red Rain in another topic. I think a VS sword has to be primarily dark in color and primarily grey in color.  We've got OK & WW--do we really need another red infused blade?  The best complimentary colors I could come up with are blue or green. We know OK & WW have a dye injected to attain their unique color.  Right?  So where did Tywin get this idea?  Could it have been his continued one upmanship of the Reynes?  The red was such a big deal to Tywin I am thinking Red Rain was a version of red--burgundy or maroon.  

There are worse things to base your choices on, Brother. 

Lady Forlorn, 'cause I think the Corbray's are cool. Not so much Lyn, but the house otherwise. And I like the way it's described, with a ruby at its' pommel. It also resembles Ice. Other swords I like are Ice itself, Dawn and Blackfyre, naturally. Longclaw as well. But I choose Lady Forlorn, also because noone else has yet claimed it! ;)

18 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

You can find some nice info about the legendary swords in Blind Beth The Cat Lady's topics.   Maybe March last year.   Really interesting stuff.  

Oh thank you! I'll search it!

17 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

We know OK & WW have a dye injected to attain their unique color.  Right?  So where did Tywin get this idea?

I thought it was not uncommon. Anyway it didn't work, that wasn't the intended red.

18 hours ago, One-eyed Misbehavin said:

Just Maid Lmao you guys are cray 

:P

LoL! hey hey hey that was a cool legend .... :P

2 hours ago, Quellon said:

Lady Forlorn, 'cause I think the Corbray's are cool. Not so much Lyn, but the house otherwise. And I like the way it's described, with a ruby at its' pommel. It also resembles Ice. Other swords I like are Ice itself, Dawn and Blackfyre, naturally. Longclaw as well. But I choose Lady Forlorn, also because noone else has yet claimed it! ;)

I considered Lady Forlorn as well, just did not have as much known history as Longclaw because it is not wielded by a POV or anyone who is around a POV much.

Archived