Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SpaceChampion

Better Call Saul -- Season 3 Fring-ing The Gang Back Together Again

Strange thing, it was a really really good episode for all the reasons mentioned in this thread, Kim killed it, Mike destroyed Lydia, and Gus literally killed it. Not one mention of what Jimmy, the actual lead character did! Each comment was about the performances of the rest of the cast.

I would have to say this has been the strongest start to a BCS season yet. Loved how the Dr. from Johns Hopkins shows up due to a generous grant and the other Dr. is like thank you I'm getting the [email protected] outta here! Then of course Jimmy can't resist a scheme, I mean if he had asked that copier guy he would have given him the little statue, he was planning to throw it away! Well, before calling him a sucker and leaving.

I've been wondering about Kim, the whole audience already knows she is the last back stop against "Saul" so I wonder if her departure will be happen in somehow a more unexpected or even tragic way than just 'Kim has finally had enough of Jimmy's BS and leaves him and NM".

I thought the premier was a quiet assured start but this second episode was a barn Stormer. So many excellent scenes and so many damn fine performances across the board.

Kim's attack on Howard was great and some mention has to go to the actor playing Howard in terms of his response to Kim's tirade. I really thought the guy was going to burst into tears and it's clear Howard is taking the loss bad. I also liked how Kim flipped my take on the previous episode's closing scene where I thought Jimmy was being harsh with his "your cross to bear" line.

I liked the line about the photocopier being too good at copying 5 dollar bills and just knowing that's how Jimmy was so familiar with it. It was odd how he went the extra mile for the job only to throw it away. I guess he wants the fight and isn't actually wanting any of the jobs? I got the impression the ornament was random rather than the purpose of the interview.

This is a show where everyone involved is at the top of their game. I think the could make a show about painters watching paint try visually stunning and engaging.

10 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

Will we find out what is in Chuck's letter to Jimmy?

Definitely. Kim stashed it somewhere didn’t she? That’s definitely coming back into play down the line. 

7 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Definitely. Kim stashed it somewhere didn’t she? That’s definitely coming back into play down the line. 

She did, but, my question would be...is there anything in the letter that we don't already know in terms of Chuck's feelings on Jimmy, and if the answer is 'no'...what's the point?  Given that Chuck cut him out of his will and went to great pains to tell him he was a POS in their last meeting, what else is there to say in a letter, he's not going to have had a change of heart there? 

9 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

She did, but, my question would be...is there anything in the letter that we don't already know in terms of Chuck's feelings on Jimmy, and if the answer is 'no'...what's the point?  Given that Chuck cut him out of his will and went to great pains to tell him he was a POS in their last meeting, what else is there to say in a letter, he's not going to have had a change of heart there? 

Maybe Kim reads it? 

3 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Maybe Kim reads it? 

Hmm.  That might work, but she already knows, if I remember?, that Jimmy was 'guilty' of everything Chuck has accused him of, so no revelations there either? I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Maybe "Gene" will finally read the letter all those years later and it will somehow spur him to do something. Hopefully not blow his brains out. 

Maybe the letter tells Jimmy he was a bastard and not actually his brother or something like that, one final stab to the heart from the grave. I can't see it being anything but bad. It was great how Kim called Howard out on his b.s. of telling Jimmy he thinks it was suicide...of but you didn't tell her huh? Great episode.

I'm just gonna start a new thread -- because I got hustle.  (Is it worthwhile for a mod to move the season 4 discussion there?)