What will be the fate of the Ironborn?

4 hours ago, Renly's Banana said:

Should Asha become queen after Euron gets them all destroyed, things may get a little better for them. At least for a bit. And assuming Victarion helps Dany in some way by lending her his ships, I'm sure she'll let some semblance of Ironborn culture survive. They'll probably continue doing exactly what they've been doing for a thousand years.

That would be redemptive for the Ironborn to serve the dragon.  I would like to see them follow this redemptive path and help her take back the iron throne.  Some of their culture will survive but the baser parts will be suppressed by Daenerys and her dragons.  It will take time and the more aggressive people like Euron, Victarion, Eric, etc will need to die.

1 hour ago, Renly's Banana said:

That's a cute idea, but Mace would never go for it :c
No way is he marrying the heir of Highgarden to a Greyjoy.

Yeah, but why are you assuming that Mace has a 100% chance of dying of old age surrounded by all his grandchildren? He might not get a say. Not that I'm sure Asha will live to long enough for another marriege either... Valar Morghulis

2 hours ago, Tralalala said:

I hope they don't change at all,they've been like that for thousands of years and a sudden change will just cheapen everything,but maybe it's because i hate any modernization/improvment of westeros in general...

I mean it's not so random. They have already changed back and forth for a bit, hence all these promises of going back to the old ways. Clearly the Greyjoy brothers are the worst of the worst the Ironborn have to offer.

I think the story of Torgorn The Latercomer is a pretty big hint that the Ironborn will reject Euron for Theon. There's really no other reason for that story to be included.

The Ironborn revere people with battle scars, and Theon's got plenty of them now. If he ends up killing Ramsay then he'll become an Ironborn legend. At least on the surface.

I'd imagine Asha will be the one to actually rule though, and Theon will name her as his heir, since he now lacks the equipment to produce one. I don't think she'll be Queen though, nor Theon King. Given the position that they are in now, they'll pretty much have to bend the knee to Stannis.

I am actually pretty excited about the role of the Ironborn in the story. "What is dead may never die, but rises again, harder and stronger." I feel sure that any people whose religion honors these words and drowns and then resuscitates its adherents will play a central role in the War for the Dawn. I am willing to bet that Ironborn who have been reborn(?) (I can't remember how they refer to their ritual) will not be able to be taken by the Others. I suspect that the Ironborn drowning ritual was method devised in the original War for Dawn for combating the Others. A particular interest of mine is how traditions persist through time, even when their original purpose may have been forgotten. The drowning ritual and Ironborn words seem like such a tradition to me.

ETA:  Also, Aeron was felt the need to drown and revive as many people as possible was urgent. I feel this is also significant.

Euron's Ironborn are going to get decimated, because Euron will sacrifice them. What make it back will get folded in with the rest under Theon and Asha and in service to Jon when he comes south. In the end many and maybe all will resettle with Asha at Sea Dragon point as Jon will give it to her.

On 4/13/2017 at 1:09 PM, PCK said:

I think all of the Greyjoys die. Davos would make a great and more loyal lord of the Iron Islands.

You misspelled Rodrick "The Reader" Harlaw.

I fail to see why so many people think Asha will rule the Ironborn after this is all done.

Last we saw her, she was Stannis' captive and she is most likely headed up towards the Wall. Winter is well on its way, which will only make the journey even more difficult and will increase her chances of dying on the road, but if she makes it to the Wall, she will be in an extremely dangerous position; she might die from the winter cold, she might get killed by the Others or someone else, or, if you believe the theory that she is pregnant with Qarl the Maid's child, she might even die in childbirth.

If Asha is to live, she needs to go south, not north and even that might not even be safe as the realm is war-torn and extremely unsafe. Plus, she is an Ironborn, a universally hated group of people and as far as the realm knows, she is Balon's only living child and heir, which could make her a very important hostage.

3 hours ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

Winter is well on its way, which will only make the journey even more difficult and will increase her chances of dying on the road...

Seriously, do you understand that this is fiction? Chances of her dying on the road?? 0%

she is Balon's only living child and heir, which could make her a very important hostage.

? Because Theon is obviousloy executed by Stannis, let me guess? Stannis said so!

You misspelled Rodrick "The Reader" Harlaw.

That would be a pretty good endgame, if Theon dies in book 7.

There's plenty left for Asha, and for some reason it's foreshadowed in the history of House Bar Emmon.

Rivals Josua Massey and Quarlton Durrandon, the abonnement of a kingdom and establishment of a new on Sharp Point. Driving the enemy from Stonedance.

Justin Massey Vs Qarl the Maid, presumably for Asha. Abandonment of the Iron Isles for Sea Dragon point as Asha desires. Stonedance association, Qarl wins a finger dance and Asha and Qarl began bedding in the Stepstones.

Archived