(NEW) Entertainment Weekly Photoshoot (2017) With ALL the Starks!!!

a black swan

9 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes that's exactly my point. That he did what he did out of crazy stupid love and told himself it was fine to run off with Lyanna and leave his family because there was even a prophecy saying he needed a third child. And yes, there are other characters who we know to be way more obsessed with their prophecy than we suspect Rhaegar to be. 

I don't know why Benjen joined the NW but definitely not because of an incestous relationship that resulted in Jon. 

Yes, there are about two or three more facial expressions he uses. at least I don't think he is a particularly good actor. 

Okay so a strong and independent character means the character is also flawless? I don't think that being strong and idependet and making mistakes are mutually exclusive. Catelyn was certainly not above making mistakes but that didn't make her less strong or independent. And I don't even particularly like Catelyn 

Even if he did that out of love, stil made a terrible mistake as the future king but it's funny ... when people love Robb and yet hate on Rhaegar for the very similar thing. We can even go into debate by arguing what Robb could be even worse or Rhaegar but I leave that to others.

We don't know why Benjen joined Night's Watch but I presume it must've had something to do with Rickard, Brandon and Lyanna. I guess, he felt responsible especially for Lyanna, since he joined Night's Watch after Robert's Rebellion, because during it he was Stark at Winterfell. Ned and Benjen left as those who had to carry on Stark legacy. By that account he should've been there with Ned, but he decided to join Night's Watch.

Kit is a pretty good actor who came into his own in the last couple of seasons. People give him stick, but he had to work with what he got. Game of Thrones at that time was his first big job, tbh Jon's chapters or even his character is hard to recreate on the screen, since the beauty of his character are in his internal thoughts. He has that poker face so to speak. Same goes for Emilia, but Dany is much more interesting given dragons, constant change of scenery and being controversial. Jon is on the classic hero's trajectory.

Does Sansa looks to you as flawless because she made a couple of terrible mistakes. Even last season got schooled by Lord Glover about loyalty. They are trying to make her look badass and forcing it upon the viewer, which is why some people dislike her. Better direction and the way to handle her character and it would have been better.

38 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Even if he did that out of love, stil made a terrible mistake as the future king but it's funny ... when people love Robb and yet hate on Rhaegar for the very similar thing. We can even go into debate by arguing what Robb could be even worse or Rhaegar but I leave that to others.

We don't know why Benjen joined Night's Watch but I presume it must've had something to do with Rickard, Brandon and Lyanna. I guess, he felt responsible especially for Lyanna, since he joined Night's Watch after Robert's Rebellion, because during it he was Stark at Winterfell. Ned and Benjen left as those who had to carry on Stark legacy. By that account he should've been there with Ned, but he decided to join Night's Watch.

Kit is a pretty good actor who came into his own in the last couple of seasons. People give him stick, but he had to work with what he got. Game of Thrones at that time was his first big job, tbh Jon's chapters or even his character is hard to recreate on the screen, since the beauty of his character are in his internal thoughts. He has that poker face so to speak. Same goes for Emilia, but Dany is much more interesting given dragons, constant change of scenery and being controversial. Jon is on the classic hero's trajectory.

Does Sansa looks to you as flawless because she made a couple of terrible mistakes. Even last season got schooled by Lord Glover about loyalty. They are trying to make her look badass and forcing it upon the viewer, which is why some people dislike her. Better direction and the way to handle her character and it would have been better.

Yes, he undoubtedly made a big mistake there. I don't hate Robb for marrying Jeyne (or any other reason for that matter), but I do think the two situations aren't that comparable. 

Maybe we will find out one day. Or not. While it could be interesting, it's kinda the least of our concerns (or mine at least). There are so many much more important questions we need answers to. 

Yeah and here comes the part where I'm too judgmental about Kit's acting skills because I don't like Jon and too forgiving about Emilia's because I like Daenerys. But yeah, if I let go of that personal bias, neither of them are particularly good and they only ever shine in scenes when they have chemistry with other actors in the scene. Kit was doing noticeably better around Rose Leslie and John Bradly, and Emilia was doing noticeably better around Jason and Harry Lloyd. That's just my impression though which may be wrong. 

The show thinks that being strong and independent (and badass) comes from enjoying killing people and grinning about it, "manipulating" people (aka writing to LF and not telling Jon for no reason whatsoever), wearing black clothes and looking smug. That's a misconception. Hey, did anybody ever make a meme with Sandra asking the hound if he enjoys killing people and pasting a picture of her grinning face underneath after she turns Ramsay into dog food? 

14 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes, he undoubtedly made a big mistake there. I don't hate Robb for marrying Jeyne (or any other reason for that matter), but I do think the two situations aren't that comparable. 

Maybe we will find out one day. Or not. While it could be interesting, it's kinda the least of our concerns (or mine at least). There are so many much more important questions we need answers to. 

Yeah and here comes the part where I'm too judgmental about Kit's acting skills because I don't like Jon and too forgiving about Emilia's because I like Daenerys. But yeah, if I let go of that personal bias, neither of them are particularly good and they only ever shine in scenes when they have chemistry with other actors in the scene. Kit was doing noticeably better around Rose Leslie and John Bradly, and Emilia was doing noticeably better around Jason and Harry Lloyd. That's just my impression though which may be wrong. 

The show thinks that being strong and independent (and badass) comes from enjoying killing people and grinning about it, "manipulating" people (aka writing to LF and not telling Jon for no reason whatsoever), wearing black clothes and looking smug. That's a misconception. Hey, did anybody ever make a meme with Sandra asking the hound if he enjoys killing people and pasting a picture of her grinning face underneath after she turns Ramsay into dog food? 

If we try to simplify it, Robb and Rhaegar situations can be compared but in all honesty bot have made terrible mistakes on their own. Especially show Robb.

It might never be spelled out but I always found Benjen to be key for some reason. His disappearing so early in the story must be for a reason.

Kit started to be really good once Stephane Dillane, Carice or Liam were around. before that Kristofer, Peter Vaughn, John or Rose. He had to grow as an actor to be where he is and what I can tell, he's got a better grasp at who Jon really is. I think Kit and Emilia are good but usually need other more experienced actors around them. But then Kit was solid with Sophie, he might be good with Emilia.

Sansa had every reason to be smug about killing Ramsay. You can't hold that against her and wearing black, looking smug. Hey, Dany is doing exact same thing. That's up to personal preferences.

I think Kit and Emilia are both mediocre, but I've seen more improvement from Kit and have found him better in his other roles, though the movies have been bad, where I find Emilia appears to me 'bad' in everything outside of GOT, and she has to me gotten worse since her outstanding first season.

I can and do totally hold it against Sansa that instead of doing things the Stark way by at least ordering Ramsay executed and having Jon do it, that she murders him alone with his dogs.  That is getting down in the gutter with your enemy, not rising above him.

8 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

If we try to simplify it, Robb and Rhaegar situations can be compared but in all honesty bot have made terrible mistakes on their own. Especially show Robb.

It might never be spelled out but I always found Benjen to be key for some reason. His disappearing so early in the story must be for a reason.

Kit started to be really good once Stephane Dillane, Carice or Liam were around. before that Kristofer, Peter Vaughn, John or Rose. He had to grow as an actor to be where he is and what I can tell, he's got a better grasp at who Jon really is. I think Kit and Emilia are good but usually need other more experienced actors around them. But then Kit was solid with Sophie, he might be good with Emilia.

Sansa had every reason to be smug about killing Ramsay. You can't hold that against her and wearing black, looking smug. Hey, Dany is doing exact same thing. That's up to personal preferences.

Yes, they did and that's true for basically every single character in the story. 

We shall see. I liked Benjen. I would prefer to see screentime spent on his story than on something as stupid and unnecessary as... huh, what could be a sufficiently extreme example... as, say a eunuch in a sex scene. Oh wait, that's actually happening. 

Huh. I really don't think Kit was that good. To me he seemed as dull as ever and Carice, Liam and even Stephen Dillane acted him off the stage. He did a decent-ish job in season 6 in the resurrection sequence and the battle episode. As for Sophie, she is up there Among the most terrible actors on the show (in my opinion!!!, oh god, this is not a fact!) so it's only fair he would be solid around her. As much as it pains me to admit this, Emilia did get worse. I attribute this to two things (because I'm a Targaryen fan and I have to find excuses for her): 1. the writing is terrible and the directing is blindly focused on delivering a "badass" (here we go again) character. 2. Emilia, in real life, comes off as a happy and humble person and season 1 Daenerys resonates with that a lot more than season 6 Daenerys, who is seems damn difficult for her to relate to. But let's stop finding excuses for Emilia and hope she has chemistry with Kit. 

Yeah and I hate that about her too. And Cersei too. And ellaria and olenna. Why is every damn woman in this show wearing black and looking smug? It's so unrealistic and boring. - in my opinion. 

26 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I can and do totally hold it against Sansa that instead of doing things the Stark way by at least ordering Ramsay executed and having Jon do it, that she murders him alone with his dogs.  That is getting down in the gutter with your enemy, not rising above him.

Indeed. And as out of character for Sansa as it gets. Though who knows... she is like a baby Cersei now. 

30 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Yes, they did and that's true for basically every single character in the story. 

More for some than for the others.

It's just that both were either the King or the future King and should have acted accordingly to their status. Both did a stupid out of love but for sure Rhaegar get's too much of a stick for what he did. Plenty of worse either in show or the books. I would leave it at that.

We shall see. I liked Benjen. I would prefer to see screentime spent on his story than on something as stupid and unnecessary as... huh, what could be a sufficiently extreme example... as, say a eunuch in a sex scene. Oh wait, that's actually happening. 

True that. As much as I like show as in the general but there are soe parts I just hate. You just mentioned on of them but D&D do enjoy sexual stuff, oversexualizing things and adding unnecessary angles to certain situations or lack of it. Then we have clusterfuck of Jon/Sansa/LF and what her looks really meant. That or Sophie is just not that good or maybe both.

Huh. I really don't think Kit was that good. To me he seemed as dull as ever and Carice, Liam and even Stephen Dillane acted him off the stage. He did a decent-ish job in season 6 in the resurrection sequence and the battle episode. As for Sophie, she is up there Among the most terrible actors on the show (in my opinion!!!, oh god, this is not a fact!) so it's only fair he would be solid around her. As much as it pains me to admit this, Emilia did get worse. I attribute this to two things (because I'm a Targaryen fan and I have to find excuses for her): 1. the writing is terrible and the directing is blindly focused on delivering a "badass" (here we go again) character. 2. Emilia, in real life, comes off as a happy and humble person and season 1 Daenerys resonates with that a lot more than season 6 Daenerys, who is seems damn difficult for her to relate to. But let's stop finding excuses for Emilia and hope she has chemistry with Kit. 

We're going to disagree on this because I found him to be better or much better in season 5 and 6, solid in season 4. Season 2 was bad larger due to lack of shooting time in Iceland but season 1 or 3 were weakest from him. Sophie I kinda agree as the weakest of actres of the main cast. She has her moments but for the most part it just lacks spark and that acting class Lena, Peter or even Maisie can produce. Especially, Maise is damn good with material she had to work, so it's just not about age maybe.

People love to root for underdogs and Dany in season 1 was a classic example of it. Jon, Tyrion, Arya are all underdogs and sympathethic to the audience. Sansa was to many a spoiled brat for first few seasons and boring. Jon to certain extent too until he got to play around a bit more.

I don't think that you are that blind to it but you made a good point. The lack of warmth with Dany is telling. They want her to be this badass, ice Queen who is too cool for this story. They're completely missing what makes her charming, warm and really someone who captivates readers. But D&D direction with these characters were never meant to be literal like in the books but their own version of how they see them.

Yeah and I hate that about her too. And Cersei too. And ellaria and olenna. Why is every damn woman in this show wearing black and looking smug? It's so unrealistic and boring. - in my opinion. 

I guess it's cool - strong powerful women. TBh I laughed a bit when I saw Dany, Missandei, Tyrion well everyone dress in dark colours. We understand that Winter is Here but damn not like that.

I'm not sure what has happened to Sophie, I generally thought she was pretty good all along, and then in season 5, her acting went haywire for me and has never recovered.  But she too I think is fairly limited in her range of believability, much like Kit and Emilia seem to be.  I've only seen Maise in GOT so can't judge her acting overall.  Richard Madden and Alfie Allen are the two 'undiscovered' actors to come out of GOT, according to me.

6 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

More for some than for the others.

It's just that both were either the King or the future King and should have acted accordingly to their status. Both did a stupid out of love but for sure Rhaegar get's too much of a stick for what he did. Plenty of worse either in show or the books. I would leave it at that.

True that. As much as I like show as in the general but there are soe parts I just hate. You just mentioned on of them but D&D do enjoy sexual stuff, oversexualizing things and adding unnecessary angles to certain situations or lack of it. Then we have clusterfuck of Jon/Sansa/LF and what her looks really meant. That or Sophie is just not that good or maybe both.

We're going to disagree on this because I found him to be better or much better in season 5 and 6, solid in season 4. Season 2 was bad larger due to lack of shooting time in Iceland but season 1 or 3 were weakest from him. Sophie I kinda agree as the weakest of actres of the main cast. She has her moments but for the most part it just lacks spark and that acting class Lena, Peter or even Maisie can produce. Especially, Maise is damn good with material she had to work, so it's just not about age maybe.

People love to root for underdogs and Dany in season 1 was a classic example of it. Jon, Tyrion, Arya are all underdogs and sympathethic to the audience. Sansa was to many a spoiled brat for first few seasons and boring. Jon to certain extent too until he got to play around a bit more.

I don't think that you are that blind to it but you made a good point. The lack of warmth with Dany is telling. They want her to be this badass, ice Queen who is too cool for this story. They're completely missing what makes her charming, warm and really someone who captivates readers. But D&D direction with these characters were never meant to be literal like in the books but their own version of how they see them.

I guess it's cool - strong powerful women. TBh I laughed a bit when I saw Dany, Missandei, Tyrion well everyone dress in dark colours. We understand that Winter is Here but damn not like that.

How do people separate a quote into several parts to respond to each thought separately? 

yeah, I do agree that Rhaegar gets a lot of crap for mistakes he made, and he was never granted the classic excuses people use in the cases of other characters (oooh s/he is so young, ooooh s/he had a troubled childhood, oooh his/her dad was mean, etc). 

D&D are my last hope to see this story resolved, so I will always love them for that. But they also write the most nonsensical scenes I have ever seen in my life. 

Maisie was much better than Sophie from day 1. Season 3 was a low point for her, but in the middle of puberty, that's forgivable. She got back to a pretty decent level.

yeah, but then Sansa became an underdog too because Joff was mean and her family members were dying like flies and she was forced to marry Tyrion, then season 4 episode 10 happened and in the snap of a finger, she was Darth Sansa and LF's apprentice. Then the Ramsay marriage happened and she was sort of supposed to be an underdog again(?) for a couple episodes (except that she wasn't really that broken at all) only to turn into master manipulator Sandra in the span of one episode who bitches in Jon's ears all day long about what he is doing wrong. Or at least that's how I saw it. 

And that's okay. It's tv, they must simplify characters. The problem is that they exaggerate these simplifications to the point where characters become their own caricatures. And yes, I will still watch it because I want to know what happens, but it would be so great if they were a little less wrapped up in fanservice. 

26 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I'm not sure what has happened to Sophie, I generally thought she was pretty good all along, and then in season 5, her acting went haywire for me and has never recovered.  But she too I think is fairly limited in her range of believability, much like Kit and Emilia seem to be.  I've only seen Maise in GOT so can't judge her acting overall.  Richard Madden and Alfie Allen are the two 'undiscovered' actors to come out of GOT, according to me.

I thought Sophie was way better in X men. She was noticeably much poorer than the rest of the very strong cast, but she was better than she is in GoT. That other movie she did with Jon Rhys Meyers in it was painful to watch. I saw some movie with Maisie that was about her and her step mom being trapped in the Savanna, there were hyenas, scorpions and no water. It was a terrible movie, but she did a decent job with what she got. Emilia was okay-ish in that romantic movie with Sam Claflin, they are both mediocre to be honest and the plot was very predictable. They were cute, but it was still kinda boring. Never seen Kit outside of GoT. 

Richard Madden is pretty good, he did wonders to Cinderella which was still a very poor movie, in spite of his best effort. Disney live action, what do we expect. I have yet to see him in Medici. Alfie is great as Theon. And I hate Theon so that's something to admit for me. 

They all look so very happy in the photos. It would be fantastic to see them all back together in Winterfell, but sadly something tells me it won't be smiles. They've got the white walkers, night king, winter, and loads of other issues to worry about. There is also Littlefinger who happens to be in Winterfell like a problematic house leak. Who knows what he'll trouble he'll stir.

8 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

How do people separate a quote into several parts to respond to each thought separately? 

When you want to comment, there is a button "quote" fifth from the left. 

yeah, I do agree that Rhaegar gets a lot of crap for mistakes he made, and he was never granted the classic excuses people use in the cases of other characters (oooh s/he is so young, ooooh s/he had a troubled childhood, oooh his/her dad was mean, etc). 

True.

D&D are my last hope to see this story resolved, so I will always love them for that. But they also write the most nonsensical scenes I have ever seen in my life. 

We might have to wait more than a year for the season 8. Still better pace than that of George. Just hoping he might be able to release Winds of Winter sometimes next year.

Maisie was much better than Sophie from day 1. Season 3 was a low point for her, but in the middle of puberty, that's forgivable. She got back to a pretty decent level.

Arya was always more close to my hearth but yeah Maisie certainly has that screen presence. For example like Dafne Keen in Logan but she did not had that many lines to speak. Maisie did more of work at that age but I like her work even outside of GOT.

yeah, but then Sansa became an underdog too because Joff was mean and her family members were dying like flies and she was forced to marry Tyrion, then season 4 episode 10 happened and in the snap of a finger, she was Darth Sansa and LF's apprentice. Then the Ramsay marriage happened and she was sort of supposed to be an underdog again(?) for a couple episodes (except that she wasn't really that broken at all) only to turn into master manipulator Sandra in the span of one episode who bitches in Jon's ears all day long about what he is doing wrong. Or at least that's how I saw it. 

She was an underdog but also spoiled a bit. At least that's the people's logic about her.

She was basically a prisoner of the war and had to survive all of this. Don't think Jon would, Arya or others. But we can flip it and apply the same thing to others. I don't like Darth Sansa and what looks they're aiming at this season. Being sinister and that stuff. I thought after King's Landing she'll grow, I had my hopes after she saved LF bu then again back to pawn with the Boltons. The latest of Sansa bitching about Jon or Davos. When he was he only one who had something to say to Lady Lyanna Mormont when neither Jon or Sansa were able to form some solid arguments.

And that's okay. It's tv, they must simplify characters. The problem is that they exaggerate these simplifications to the point where characters become their own caricatures. And yes, I will still watch it because I want to know what happens, but it would be so great if they were a little less wrapped up in fanservice. 

True. I still would like to see or the essence of what makes them special, unique and good to be highlitghted on the show much like in the books.

1 minute ago, Lord Friendzone said:

When you want to comment, there is a button "quote" fifth from the left. 

True.

We might have to wait more than a year for the season 8. Still better pace than that of George. Just hoping he might be able to release Winds of Winter sometimes next year.

Arya was always more close to my hearth but yeah Maisie certainly has that screen presence. For example like Dafne Keen in Logan but she did not had that many lines to speak. Maisie did more of work at that age but I like her work even outside of GOT.

She was an underdog but also spoiled a bit. At least that's the people's logic about her.

She was basically a prisoner of the war and had to survive all of this. Don't think Jon would, Arya or others. But we can flip it and apply the same thing to others. I don't like Darth Sansa and what looks they're aiming at this season. Being sinister and that stuff. I thought after King's Landing she'll grow, I had my hopes after she saved LF bu then again back to pawn with the Boltons. The latest of Sansa bitching about Jon or Davos. When he was he only one who had something to say to Lady Lyanna Mormont when neither Jon or Sansa were able to form some solid arguments.

True. I still would like to see or the essence of what makes them special, unique and good to be highlitghted on the show much like in the books.

Oh. I guess that only works from a laptop. 

Yeah, I just saw that article. Very very annoying. They all want this to be over with, just do it already. 

Jon was spoiled too. He was such a brat in season 1. Even in season 2. 

I don't like it either. Does anybody? We will see what Lady Sandra has up her sleeve. 

I didn't like her as Jean Grey, although she looked the part, I felt like I and she were both distracted by her struggle with an American accent, it threw her acting off.  I saw her in some other horror film a couple years ago and she was decent, but again, not much to do except look good and stare mournfully.  LOL.

Haha.  What do you mean you never saw Pompei?  

5 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I didn't like her as Jean Grey, although she looked the part, I felt like I and she were both distracted by her struggle with an American accent, it threw her acting off.  I saw her in some other horror film a couple years ago and she was decent, but again, not much to do except look good and stare mournfully.  LOL.

Haha.  What do you mean you never saw Pompei?  

Oh I don't know about that because I was with my sister at the movies and we watched the dubbed version. Might have been distracting. 

Nope, never. Just the Jon Snow Jon Summer meme. 

I did see that terrible movie in a hot climate with Nikolaj CW though. What was the title... CGI snakes, Egypt, eye patch... my god. it was appalling. 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Oh. I guess that only works from a laptop. 

Yeah, I just saw that article. Very very annoying. They all want this to be over with, just do it already. 

Jon was spoiled too. He was such a brat in season 1. Even in season 2. 

I don't like it either. Does anybody? We will see what Lady Sandra has up her sleeve. 

It should be working on phones too.

If it means better quality and a good ending for this story, the nI guess it's a fair trad and it would be poignant for the last season to be aired in winter.

He was and understendably thought everything belonged to him.

I hope Sansa will come good but I'm mor worried about Arya's role and be glad you never saw Pompeii. Kit himself would agree that his abs were the best part of that movie. Honestly, it was so poor movie.

1 minute ago, Lord Friendzone said:

It should be working on phones too.

If it means better quality and a good ending for this story, the nI guess it's a fair trad and it would be poignant for the last season to be aired in winter.

He was and understendably thought everything belonged to him.

I hope Sansa will come good but I'm mor worried about Arya's role and be glad you never saw Pompeii. Kit himself would agree that his abs were the best part of that movie. Honestly, it was so poor movie.

I can only quote a post in one piece from mobile. Oh well, it's okay. 

Then it is. But will it be better quality and have a good ending? *fingers crossed* if anything, It should air in spring, imo. After all at the very end of the series we should be looking at the prospect of a new start/brighter future/rebirth of westeros/etc. 

i am glad. I have no desire to see Pompeii.   The movie seems to be terrible, Kit is not my type and I can just look up his abs on google if I really want to. But if I want Hollywood abs, I'll rewatch the Conan thing (which was also a terrible movie) or season 1 or Justice League and Aquaman will be coming out soon too.  

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

I agree completely Maisie has been better than Sophie.

in fact, Maisie is really the only child actor on show (possible exception: bella ramsey as lyanna mormont) that has been able to stand on her own in scenes with the experienced adult actors. Maisie has been great in scenes with Sean Bean, Charles Dance, etc.

Not sure I agree season 3 was low point. Arya didnt get enough focus in S3, but what scenes she had, Maisie did well with.

Sophie for me has been hit and miss, same with Kit.

I agree that Emilia was much better in season 1.

Also much better in S1 was Ian (who played Ser Barristan. His acting seemed to get progressively worse as show went on. 

Kit has been better than Emilia but still far below the main cast. To me he was a deer in the headlights in that scene with Liam and Carise where Davos confronted Melisandre about Shireens burning. Didnt know what to do. Liam and Carise acted circles around him.

20 minutes ago, Gaz0680 said:

Sophie for me has been hit and miss, same with Kit.

I agree that Emilia was much better in season 1.

Also much better in S1 was Ian (who played Ser Barristan. His acting seemed to get progressively worse as show went on. 

Kit has been better than Emilia but still far below the main cast. To me he was a deer in the headlights in that scene with Liam and Carise where Davos confronted Melisandre about Shireens burning. Didnt know what to do. Liam and Carise acted circles around him.

Kit acted the Jon should have and it was a good scene. Liam carried a lot of that scene because he got the part where he had to, Davos and Shireen were like a father and daughter.

Ian was good throught his work on GOT.

32 minutes ago, Lord Friendzone said:

Kit acted the Jon should have and it was a good scene. Liam carried a lot of that scene because he got the part where he had to, Davos and Shireen were like a father and daughter.

Ian was good throught his work on GOT.

I dont agree ian was good throughout. His scene is S3 ep1 during reveal of who he was to Daenerys and when he confronted Jorah in S5 over spying on Dany - neither of them i found were acted with much conviction and his screen presence seemed a lot less. 

To me, his best acted scenes were talking to Ned in S1, the talk with robert and Jaime re first battle kills and quitting kingsguard like a boss. Aside from those 3 scenes, acting was meh.

Archived