NHL: Offseason (Trades, UFA, Awards & the Draft)

Nictarion

48 minutes ago, Demonblade said:

They're not going to score very many goals if the shots given are shots that could be seen, particularly with Hellebuyck in net. As many shots as the Preds took, very few were up close. Which is not a bad strategy usually, especially when you have quality people taking the shots in perimeter areas. but that strategy is met with more success when more traffic is in front of the net to deflect shots and scoop up rebounds, opportunities which the Jets were steady in preventing.. 

You’re not wrong. Arvy was the only one really trying to be a menace in front of the Jets net. Still I can recall Josi and Forsberg both missing open nets. Plenty of chances the Preds could’ve done better with. 

Wouldnt mind seeing Saros from now on tbh

Must be a great game to watch for a neutral. Jets have been electric and deserved to tie it up. If we lose this then can’t see us coming back in the series. 

Saros need be seriously considered for a switch as well even if we win tbh. Could’ve been a comfortable win tonight (despite the jets being the better team) but a couple of softies cost us. Pekka has been awful pretty much all playoffs. 

Lou Lamoriello out as GM in Toronto. They’re saying they’ll retain him as a special advisor, but I have to wonder if this is it. Him and Ken Holland were the absolute best in the business for a long, long time, but sadly the game has probably passed Lou by a bit at this point. Hope the Devils do something special for him if he does retire. 

No suspension for the Tom Wilson hit which isn't terribly surprising as the NHL doesn't get many things right regarding on ice hits. Wasn't the most egregious hit ever but it was a hit to the head, and by a player with a rap sheet so I'm left scratching my head. 

Good news, Malkin, Hagelin and Dumoulin were skating today so hopefully we get them all back for tomorrow night. 

Bruins get a 4 minute high sticking penalty with 12 minutes left - down 2-1.

Hedman (TB) hit himself in the face with his stick and drew blood. (His stick was lifted by Pasta but that is not a penalty)

10 hours ago, Week said:

Bruins get a 4 minute high sticking penalty with 12 minutes left - down 2-1.

Hedman (TB) hit himself in the face with his stick and drew blood. (His stick was lifted by Pasta but that is not a penalty)

I thought Hedman played for Boston

2 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I thought Hedman played for Boston

This was a bad miss also (of course -- there are always misses for everyone, some just more obvious)

Archived