What's the current military stats for both sides?

goomba

6 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Actually sweet robin is essentially controlled by little finger and doesn't care about much. So it's more about littlefinger controlling him.

Yes, but still it was nonsensical.

6 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Also the ironbank has ways of getting their due. They can wreck an economy and will. They will support someone's enemy if it can get them their money. In short don't f*** with the iron bank

The debt Cersei is supposed to pay to the Iron Bank is tied to the Iron Throne and House Baratheon of King's landing that she somehow took over when she usurped the throne or inheritied form children? When Cersei dies her cousins in the westerlands are not liable to pay back the debt of a alien house. She is not the head of the kings landing branch and the casterly rock branch but her heir will likely not have any ties to kingslanding and therefor the debt.

7 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

So would that not make sense if she stands any chance to survive, she best keep the gold?!?!  

1. I pay the Gold back and they do a runner, I get slaughtered.
  2. I dont pay the gold back and they do a runner, but possibly may negotiate.

I'll keep the gold then.

Cersei will know this, shes knows the IB will switch sides. So if she stands any chance of them not, she ought to keep the gold. 

Well since having the iron bank back dany will mean dany will have a ton of money with which she can buy nobles off so they join her,buy supplies so she can feed her army,and buy sell swords. Basically cersei is screwed no matter what

2 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

Well since having the iron bank back dany will mean dany will have a ton of money with which she can buy nobles off so they join her,buy supplies so she can feed her army,and buy sell swords. Basically cersei is screwed no matter what

Nothings been confirmed about the Iron bank backing Dany. 

In theory Cersei is screwed but we thought she was screwed when Daenerys finally arrived in Westeros, but shes still here, still surviving, pulling out all the comprehensible stops.

8 minutes ago, norwaywolf123 said:

Yes, but still it was nonsensical.

The debt Cersei is supposed to pay to the Iron Bank is tied to the Iron Throne and House Baratheon of King's landing that she somehow took over when she usurped the throne or inheritied form children? When Cersei dies her cousins in the westerlands are not liable to pay back the debt of a alien house. She is not the head of the kings landing branch and the casterly rock branch but her heir will likely not have any ties to kingslanding and therefor the debt.

the debt belongs to the crown. If dany sits on the throne she will have to pay it as well. They explained that in the book. So basically in addition to the  throne the winner gets the massive baratheon and lannister debt. Congrats dany the people that killed your family and kept you in exile also ran up a massive debt.

Nothings been confirmed about the Iron bank backing Dany. 

In theory Cersei is screwed but we thought she was screwed when Daenerys finally arrived in Westeros, but shes still here, still surviving, pulling out all the comprehensible stops.

yes but I think her end game will be take this city and I turn it into a crater.  But as for the iron bank they will want to back the winning side because backing the losing side is not exactly smart. Still I think they planned on having cersei pay them some money and then not back her since it was obvious she was losing. So have some of the debt get paid back and lose nothing.

7 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

yes but I think her end game will be take this city and I turn it into a crater.

Whos end game is this??

But as for the iron bank they will want to back the winning side because backing the losing side is not exactly smart.

Not good investment obviously

Still I think they planned on having cersei pay them some money and then not back her since it was obvious she was losing.

As far as they are concerned they are getting the full debt back. But I believe Cersei has other ideas. Its quite obvious she is going to lose now eventually anyway.

So have some of the debt get paid back and lose nothing.

IMO, they are not going to get back any money, so stand to still have the crown owe them all the debt. 

16 minutes ago, Samwell_Tarly said:

Whos end game is this??

Not good investment obviously

As far as they are concerned they are getting the full debt back. But I believe Cersei has other ideas. Its quite obvious she is going to lose now eventually anyway.

IMO, they are not going to get back any money, so stand to still have the crown owe them all the debt. 

I mean when cersei is gonna lose the city she will blow it rather then give it up.

I know that cersei isn't gonna pay them back now but before she had planned too

11 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

I mean when cersei is gonna lose the city she will blow it rather then give it up.

Most definitely, take for instance the attempted sacking of KL by Stannis, she was going to poison herself and Tommen rather than be taken into custody.

11 minutes ago, snow is the man said:

I know that cersei isn't gonna pay them back now but before she had planned too

Potentially she  could have and the IB may have supported but not now, unless she has something up her sleeve.

Most definitely, take for instance the attempted sacking of KL by Stannis, she was going to poison herself and Tommen rather than be taken into custody.

Potentially she  could have and the IB may have supported but not now, unless she has something up her sleeve.

I think her idea of killing herself and her son was different. She knew if her son and her had been captured it would have been a terrible death and rather then have that happen she wanted to go out peacefully and the same with her son. It was kinda like in episode one of this season where sandor and the brotherhood found that man and his daughter dead it was more to end the suffering. Cersei blowing kingslanding would be about her giving a final FU to everyone and saying if I can't have it noone can. 

And we are agreeing on the iron bank

3 hours ago, norwaywolf123 said:

They control one castle only.

She roasted the food from the Reach which is going to Kingslanding. There is food left in the Reach or the populaiton would starve they only took a part of the food as a tax or fine. I still suspect that the increased numbers of people Daenerys bringing to daenerys mostly dothraki warriors will take the food from the indiginous westerosi leaving them to starve.

All these men are not lannisters for the most part they are smallfolk that have been summoned for service by their local lord, professional soldiers(knights, retinues) or nobles of different stripes.

There was probably a mistake during the filming or they forgot the other banners. Also there should be many different banners in the westermen army not only lannister ones, house lannister rules the westerlands but have vassals.

I hope the Faith Militant or something will chase the invading colonising dothraki who only want subjugate the indiginous population.

We are told that they removed all the food the Unsullied can eat, and there is a city right next to the castle they are in.  When speaking about this we have to suspend reality and go with what the show is trying to tell us.  The Lannisters lost 2 armies during the war, Robb took many castles.  The Lannister army is gone and thousands of Unsullied are present, at a practical level they control the Westerlands.

That is exactly why I said for narrative purposes.  Obviously they couldn't actually take all the food in the Reach, but they couldn't have done that to the Unsullied in the Westerlands either, and yet we are told they did just that.

Well, how much of the army did Cersei lose, I don't think she lost much. They commented that it was stragglers that were left behind. And she got the gold. But, she probably lost Tarly, maybe Jaime, and food. However, the gold could probably get a loan for another army (maybe golden company) and food. Although, I don't know how effective the Golden Company would be against dragons, she should probably invest the money into finding technology to beat the dragons.

There is still Edmure in the Riverlands, Storm's End, and Dorne, they are always talking about the Seven Kingdoms, but yet these kingdoms are nowhere in the fold. 

On 8/7/2017 at 5:56 AM, falcotron said:

Randyll Tarly, assuming he and Dickon didn't both just die or get captured, presumably could call up his own men, and his Tarly vassals', and all of the Reach Lords' once he's officially Lord Paramount and Warden, which should be a good chunk of the 70000 the Reach had before his coup.

That being said:

• He apparently only raised 1 man, his son, for the Highgarden battle and the convoy back to KL. Maybe he or Jaime didn't want Reach soldiers fighting Reach soldiers, when just having them all stay home was enough for him to win? I don't know; it hasn't been explained, so it's all guesswork.
  • Before he's even been confirmed as Lord Paramount, he sacked his own capital to give Cersei all the gold and food. Aren't the other Reach Lords going to blame him for that? Raising troops beyond the direct Tarly vassals could just lead to yet another rebellion.
  • That 70000 number was quite some time ago. I don't think we heard how many troops Olenna was offering Dany; could it have dwindled for some reason?

The Reach numbers have dwindled due to being killed by the Lannisters

9 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I think her idea of killing herself and her son was different. She knew if her son and her had been captured it would have been a terrible death and rather then have that happen she wanted to go out peacefully and the same with her son.

How was it any different lol you think shes going to get some spa treatment if Daenerys gets hold of her?

12 hours ago, snow is the man said:

the debt belongs to the crown. If dany sits on the throne she will have to pay it as well. They explained that in the book. So basically in addition to the  throne the winner gets the massive baratheon and lannister debt. Congrats dany the people that killed your family and kept you in exile also ran up a massive debt.

daenerys can delete the debt to House Lannister for not bending the knee to her.

13 hours ago, snow is the man said:

I don't see it this way; I mean, this is true but only when both sides agree upon it. It is different with the case of Stannis because he did need them/their help, so he agreed upon paying off whole debt once he succeeds taking over the throne.

But with Danny, she does not need IB at all and I don't see her as someone complying to extortion and pleads to pay off the debt 'usurpers' made. And if it ever comes to it - a major conflict, she has 3 nuclear weapons ready to roast IB into history.

The Iron Bank will just have to swallow the losses, I believe.

20 minutes ago, plastic throne said:

I don't see it this way; I mean, this is true but only when both sides agree upon it. It is different with the case of Stannis because he did need them/their help, so he agreed upon paying off whole debt once he succeeds taking over the throne.

But with Danny, she does not need IB at all and I don't see her as someone complying to extortion and pleads to pay off the debt 'usurpers' made. And if it ever comes to it - a major conflict, she has 3 nuclear weapons ready to roast IB into history.

The Iron Bank will just have to swallow the losses, I believe.

I don't know about the dragon's effectiveness. Braavos are founded by escaped slaves from Valaryia and something had caused the Doom of Valaryia... of course it could have been a natural event 

would be cool if Dany takes the throne and refuses payment and bam the Iron Bank goes into war with her

12 minutes ago, Crona said:

I don't know about the dragon's effectiveness. Braavos are founded by escaped slaves from Valaryia and something had caused the Doom of Valaryia... of course it could have been a natural event 

would be cool if Dany takes the throne and refuses payment and bam the Iron Bank goes into war with her

Unless they (IB) have some magic solution up their sleeves to deal with dragons and/or extort Danny, I don't see them going into open conflict with her. Another war to finance just after you lost some serious amounts of gold? To risk your very existence and to what end? Who's to pay for the debt after/if they succeed? Think they're doing the best they can as we speak, by getting every tiny bit of gold back under false pretenses of supporting Cersei in future. After they get that, they'll run and count the losses, I think.

Archived