What are you Choices for Worst Science Fiction Fantasy and Horror Movies?

GAROVORKIN

8 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Or if you wanted to go with a more loving tribute to Roger Corman type films you could go Grindhouse. Still pretty bad, but not quite as obvious as your typical Troma fare. 

See also Hobo with a Shotgun.

/Although I'm not sure you could classify Hobo with a Shotgun as Horror. More Action I suppose.

Ive heard of Hobo with A Shotgun but have never seen it. 

2 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

And speaking of Roger Corman, I'd have to go with Deathrace 2000. The 1975 version of course. The remake with Jason Statham might be just a tiny bit too good to be listed here.

Ive seen Death Race 2000 more then a few times. It's silly but very entertain stuff. :D   DeathSport 3000 is an absolutely wretched piece of film making.  

Most of Rodger Corman's film output is excellent . Toping it off  are  Edgar Allen Poe movies he did in the 1960's with Vincent Price, those are outstanding. films.  :cool4:

9 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Ive heard of Hobo with A Shotgun but have never seen it. 

Have you seen Grindhouse? It's pretty fun, especially if you're a fan of 70's B-movies. Hobo with a Shotgun was a trailer that was attached to that movie along with Machete. A couple of the trailers were so popular that they were eventually made into movies themselves.

Honestly, the trailers were probably better than either of the two movies. 

4 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Ive seen Death Race 2000 more then a few times. It's silly but very entertain stuff. :D   DeathSport 3000 is an absolutely wretched piece of film making.  

Most of Rodger Corman's film output is excellent . Toping it off  are  Edgar Allen Poe movies he did in the 1960's with Vincent Price, those are outstanding. films.  :cool4:

I think it's fair to say that he did more with less than just about any film director you'd care to name. That said, his niche was really kind of limited.

10 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I think it's fair to say that he did more with less than just about any film director you'd care to name. That said, his niche was really kind of limited.

Roger Coorman is  one of the the most  respected Producer/ directors  in  Hollywood . A number  of famous directors Francis Ford Coppola, Brian  Depalma , Ron Howard got their start with him. :cool4:

1 hour ago, GAROVORKIN said:

Roger Coorman is  one of the the most  respected Producer/ directors  in  Hollywood . A number  of famous directors Francis Ford Coppola, Brian  Depalma , Ron Howard got their start with him. :cool4:

True, he's been an absolute resource as far as mentoring young directors. That said he also has a rep for making some pretty cheesy movies. That's to be expected though when you've written the textbook for producing shoestring budget movies.

14 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

True, he's been an absolute resource as far as mentoring young directors. That said he also has a rep for making some pretty cheesy movies. That's to be expected though when you've written the textbook for producing shoestring budget movies.

He made alot of money, and  is one the most successful movie makers  in Hollywood history .  Corman had cameo in Ron film Apollo 13 , I think he played US Senator. I don't know he done other cameos ,  but we candd actor to his resume .:cool4:

Lets not forget that he gave us the B classic Little Shop of Horrors  in which I think, Jack Nicholson made his acting debut. :cool4:

2 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

He made alot of money, and  is one the most successful movie makers  in Hollywood history .  Corman had cameo in Ron film Apollo 13 , I think he played US Senator. I don't know he done other cameos ,  but we candd actor to his resume .:cool4:

Lets not forget that he gave us the B classic Little Shop of Horrors  in which I think, Jack Nicholson made his acting debut. :cool4:

He's a really interesting interview as well. This one is among my favorite WTF podcasts...

6 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

He's a really interesting interview as well. This one is among my favorite WTF podcasts...

The man is cool. Ive  never been disappointed by any the films I've seen by him, even at his cheesiest , his films are entertaining.  B)

The Monkey King 2 is my fantasy pick-

The Monkey King (Aaron Kwok) must protect a traveling monk (William Feng Shaofeng) from White Bone Spirit (Gong Li), a demon who seeks immortality.

I clicked on it because Gong Li is just splendid, but even she couldnt save this clunker!

For worst horror movie- 

21: Soultaker (1990)

Who do you get when you want the look of a big name actor without paying the A-list paycheck? You call Joe Estevez, brother to Martin Sheen. He looks enough like his brother, without costing nearly as much. Of course, you get what you pay for. His acting skills are far below that of his brother. Every family has that one person...Soultaker is about a group of teens that are killed in a car accident. They leave their bodies, realize that they are dead, and are quickly hunted by Estevez's character, the Soul taker. Estevez is ordered around by the very strange looking Angel of Death. This movie lacks any redeeming qualities. The story is dumb, the characters are stereotypical and boring and the special effects amount to something that looks like the glow-in-the-dark bracelets you get from vendors at the fair.

The Angel of Death character looks like a guy who had a bad plastic surgery experience, this thing is real strain just to view.

My pick for worst Sci-Fi movie-

After Earth

Which very apropriately rhymes with afterbirth! We can only wonder what was going on inside Will Smiths head when he agreed to subject himself, Jalen and moviegoers in general, to this abysmal exercise?

King Kong Lives 1986   This film is a  sequel to the 1977 film . In it we find out  that Kong didn't die but somehow managed to survive. In the sequel they give him bionic heart dhe meets a giant lady gorilla and the the have a son.  This film very quickly and very deservedly sank like a stone at the box office.

Archived