How much could Dorne influence in the war of the 5 kings?

Arthur Peres

19 minutes ago, Arthur Peres said:

I mean, they interests are the same (break free from the Iron Throne), Theon was Balon's heir and Robb's friend, they should have been natural allies.

Mmmhmm, like I said Balon is a spoiler for Robb. Balon trying to take out Robb makes little sense to me when Ned and Robert are dead so Tywin is the major play left from the Greyjoy rebellion on the crown side.  Why not take out your revenge on someone that actually wronged Balon?

The alliance with Balon blowing up in such a spectacular way for Robb is a reason why I am sceptical of all the "everyone should logical follow Dany" ideas I see getting thrown around here.

38 minutes ago, Arthur Peres said:

Almost all the lord that declared for Stannis had sided with Renly before, it would just be as weird as when they sided with Joffrey after.

Oberyn botching the deal by killing the mensager does not necessary turns the Tyrells into Stannis support either, just burn a bridge between they and the Lannisters, like Loras did when he imprisoned Stannis mensager and Tarly killed the Florents in the camp.

Fair enough it is pretty hard to figure out exactly what sort of bullshit Oberyn could pull if Doran had unleashed him sooner.

On 8/9/2018 at 7:40 AM, Frey Kings said:

Doran IS scared of Tywin. Tywin's list of accomplishments vs Doran's. For close to 2 decades he lost his chances to strike at Tywin. Doran has failed and failed miserably. 

How much could Dorne influence in the war of the 5 kings? Nothing when Doran is weak and afraid. 

Doran is alive his army at full strength, his children love him and dont screw eachother, his heirs are secure, loves his people, and isn't going to see the destruction of house Martell like Cersie and Tyrion. I say hes winning and also Dorans problem is he cares about the smallfolk of Dorne and he knows what war means for Dorne and it isnt pretty. 

On 8/21/2018 at 3:25 PM, Ylath's Snout said:

Mmmhmm, like I said Balon is a spoiler for Robb. Balon trying to take out Robb makes little sense to me when Ned and Robert are dead so Tywin is the major play left from the Greyjoy rebellion on the crown side.  Why not take out your revenge on someone that actually wronged Balon?

The alliance with Balon blowing up in such a spectacular way for Robb is a reason why I am sceptical of all the "everyone should logical follow Dany" ideas I see getting thrown around here.

Fair enough it is pretty hard to figure out exactly what sort of bullshit Oberyn could pull if Doran had unleashed him sooner.

Let’s just say that Balon just doesn’t like Ned and blames him for the death of his sons, which is terribly misplaced since Rodrik was killed by Jason Mallister and Maron was crushed by a falling tower. Balon did send a letter to Tywin offering alliance, but his attempt to invade the North was well underway. 

The point is that Balon is just plain dumb. He doesn’t have enough men to hold whatever conquests he makes.

Archived