TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah, they are only hard if you are afraid of them. ;) I would recommend learning one at a time, though.

Which ones did you learn in school?

French and Spainish-I gave French up quite early though.

Russian is hard it has a weird alphabet and everything!.

10 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Aww man. I opened instagram for 1/10 of a second and bamm. Got spoilers are unavoidable. Which is a shame because at this point there isn’t much to this show other than the element of surprise and shock value. 

Sorry about the spoilers. That ep. did get people talking.

4 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

yeah memes everywhere

Man I'll say!

Spoiler

A friend invited me into a GOT S**tposting group (it is literally called that) and it totally blew up over night. Things were wild. A bunch of our friends from TTTNE are on it including Zar Lannister who hasn't visited here for years. There's also Fragile Bird and Lady Olenna - maybe others I'm forgetting or don't know their real world names. Oh, Cora is one of them and Bex too.

11 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Russian is hard it has a weird alphabet and everything!.

At least it has an alphabet! Now Chinese would be really hard to learn...

5 hours ago, felice said:

At least it has an alphabet! Now Chinese would be really hard to learn...

I’m just rubbish at languages, I’m going to feel a bit left out when our children and my partner can have conversations I can’t even understand  :(.

Saying that mini Sith is only starting to grasp the very basic parts of English so far so perhaps she’ll take after me! :D.

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m just rubbish at languages, I’m going to feel a bit left out when our children and my partner can have conversations I can’t even understand  :(.

Saying that mini Sith is only starting to grasp the very basic parts of English so far so perhaps she’ll take after me! :D.

Don't worry, just don't give up! By the time your child is old enough to hold a conversation, you will understand her quite well. :) You can learn alongside her, she is starting from the beginning too!

On 4/30/2019 at 6:12 PM, Buckwheat said:

Don't worry, just don't give up! By the time your child is old enough to hold a conversation, you will understand her quite well. :) You can learn alongside her, she is starting from the beginning too!

That is true,except her learning will be adorably cute, my learning will feel stupid :P.

3 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

That is true,except her learning will be adorably cute, my learning will feel stupid :P.

Ah, all interactions with small children can be considered stupid if you are a boring adult. We just need to embrace our inner children and enjoy the cute stupidness. ;)

Valonqar and I made a small trip over to Trieste today. It was nice, except the fact that it took two and a half hours to get there (it was supposed to be a little over an hour). Silly traffic jams.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Ah, all interactions with small children can be considered stupid if you are a boring adult. We just need to embrace our inner children and enjoy the cute stupidness. ;)

Valonqar and I made a small trip over to Trieste today. It was nice, except the fact that it took two and a half hours to get there (it was supposed to be a little over an hour). Silly traffic jams.

I do enjoy the cute stupidness lots I just don't think I will be able to learn Russian :P, it doesn't mean that much to my fiancee if I learn or not though, she accepts my flaws :P.

10 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I do enjoy the cute stupidness lots I just don't think I will be able to learn Russian :P, it doesn't mean that much to my fiancee if I learn or not though, she accepts my flaws :P.

Whether you are going to or not, that is completely your decision. As for whether you are able to ... yes, I am completely sure you are.

Btw, what steps did you take to try to learn it already?

I had some truly hopeless people fail the beginners' course. And trust me, you would not be one of them.

I don't think anybody expects you to read War and Peace. A basic level to communicate with children is much easier. ;)

I wasn’t able to learn Russian. I haven’t entirely given up on it because it sounds so beautiful when people who are actually able to speak Russian speak it, but it’s really damn difficult and I had more or less tackled German grammar by the time I got to Russian. Didn’t make it easier. Having said that, college language classes were as far from my learning style as it gets, so that didn’t help. 

Does baby sith talk already? In English I mean. 

News on my end. 

Either Game of Thrones is so bad it gave me sinusitis or I have officially worked my immune system to nonexistence. The timing, again, was ridiculously bad, because sister’s graduation is tomorrow and I had ten thousand errands to run today and I have a shitton of work next week. Well either of those is okay, my biggest concern is the odd chance is that I infect sister who has finals next week and is rather rundown herself so her immune system isn’t terribly reliable either. Well we’ll just have to sit at different ends of the table at the dinner.

Anyway, despite feeling like my entire face is about to implode and Screwing up my medication almost as much as  hbo did Game of thrones, my brain was functional enough to get Mother’s Day gifts for my grandmother and aunt, who are coming to sister’s graduation. 

A good side about living in a postage-stamp-sized country: you can make two day trips in opposite directions in different countries in two days! Was in Zagreb with a friend yesterday, it was a nice day. :)

A bad side of yesterday and today and the next few days: university administrations are being stupid. A girl just wants to apply for a scholarship (to get out of the postage-stamp-sized country) and you are hanging on bureaucratic details? What the hell. :bang: 

20 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I wasn’t able to learn Russian. I haven’t entirely given up on it because it sounds so beautiful when people who are actually able to speak Russian speak it, but it’s really damn difficult and I had more or less tackled German grammar by the time I got to Russian. Didn’t make it easier. Having said that, college language classes were as far from my learning style as it gets, so that didn’t help. 

Does baby sith talk already? In English I mean. 

News on my end. 

Either Game of Thrones is so bad it gave me sinusitis or I have officially worked my immune system to nonexistence. The timing, again, was ridiculously bad, because sister’s graduation is tomorrow and I had ten thousand errands to run today and I have a shitton of work next week. Well either of those is okay, my biggest concern is the odd chance is that I infect sister who has finals next week and is rather rundown herself so her immune system isn’t terribly reliable either. Well we’ll just have to sit at different ends of the table at the dinner.

Anyway, despite feeling like my entire face is about to implode and Screwing up my medication almost as much as  hbo did Game of thrones, my brain was functional enough to get Mother’s Day gifts for my grandmother and aunt, who are coming to sister’s graduation. 

I know, it is a very difficult language!, I don’t really need to learn it though, all it would be good for is hearing my fiancée and her sister arguing :P.

Mini Sith can talk a little bit, her vocabulary is quite limited though.

11 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I know, it is a very difficult language!, I don’t really need to learn it though, all it would be good for is hearing my fiancée and her sister arguing :P.

Which languague do you use when you speak to your partner's family? :)

I am sure Mini Sith's talking is very adorable.

27 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Which languague do you use when you speak to your partner's family? :)

I am sure Mini Sith's talking is very adorable.

I speak to them in English, her dad and sister are fluent and she translates for her mum :).

We will see her parents in July for the wedding and we see her sister often as she lives in the UK too, fortunately not with us anymore, they fight about as much as Rhae and her sister:P.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Well that must be entertaining though. 

Aw mini sith must be adorable. Sounds so cute. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well that must be entertaining though. 

Aw mini sith must be adorable. Sounds so cute. 

She is, we went to this farm this morning, but it's one that has tours and the kids can see the animals and stuff and she really enjoyed it!, although she was a bit scared of a horse.

37 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

She is, we went to this farm this morning, but it's one that has tours and the kids can see the animals and stuff and she really enjoyed it!, although she was a bit scared of a horse.

Awww, I’m sure she’ll grow fond of horses too as she gets bigger. They’ll sure seem more approachable and fun. 

I remember a hiking trip when sister was almost eaten by a goat. We were on a walk in the mountains and came upon a goat along the trail. We were of course interested, what a cute goat, so we stopped to look at it. The goat, seeing the plush yellow lining of sister’s little windbreaker, went for it, thinking it’s some sort of flower or the other. Apparently, a goat’s chow can apply quite the pull force on a three year old, but after about a minute or two of struggle, we did manage to free her jacket from the goat’s jaw. She was a little startled of course but all in all it was a rather hilarious little adventure. 

Archived