TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

16 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

8-7 workday is terrible, especially if you don't get extra money for staying extra long.

I don't need a cafeteria, or even a company phone or laptop or whatever - as long as I can use the computer in the office occasionally. But I would very much like to have health insurance covered. This is literally the bare minimum to be an employer.

I don't have a set number of holiday days or anything like that, I am paid by the hour anyway.

The ethical shitshow - towards you or towards the clients?

Oh yes, I suppose with translation it is the same everywhere. With teaching, it depends on what school and what kind of education you are in.

You work two jobs and you are going to stop one in summer?

I got an offer to proofread something in summer, so I will earn something even when there are very few language courses.

Eh, hair grows back before you know it.

Yay for spring! :)

I made pancakes for dinner, but I managed to burn my finger on the hot frying pan and it burns. :( Ouch!

I do, but you know, my hourly pay is not the kind of money that’s worth The extra work.

Well, I do work on a laptop every day and I do make tons of long phone calls and it’d be the least to at least reimburse me for the phone bill. I’d still be amortizing my own devices for company purposes. Onto the funny part, when we (me and other junior colleagues) voiced this issue, the answer getting one press button mobile (you know the one that costs $15) for the four of us to take turns using at the office. I mean it’s 2019.  how much does the basicest smart phone cost?  $100-150? It’s not like they couldn’t afford it, the company leases a bmw for my manager. And you know, that’s just pathetic and ridiculous and offensive. 

No, not the clients, towards us (and some partners) of course, we make a statement about licking our clients arses shiny. Which is as it should be, per se. 

public education teachers are public servants, here, they are on government pay, which sucks. Private school teachers or language school teachers are much better off but I suppose the latter wouldn’t  have employee contracts. 

Naaaah, I don’t work two jobs, I’m a lazy, entitled millennial. 

Good luck with the proofreading job, I hope it’ll make up for the lack of courses. 

13 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

First bolded. I know about payment issues, when it sucks. But I also think that getting along with people is something that doesnt happen always so when it doe sit's great!!:D

That reminds me of the source of income of my tutoring maths lessons (that now I can't attend for health reasons). But hey, the mother said they can wait 'cause the older sister got a B this time!

Yeah, too quickly sometimes!

Now I'm in that moment when I enjoy having long hair, while I miss having it cut, not having to use the hairdryer and these things.....

ohhhh maybe put some oil on it it works!

I know, that’s what’s still keeping me here. 

Do you give private maths lessons to kids? And are you all right? Health-wise? 

Uhh not for me :( my hair grows way to slowly :( 

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Hey everyone!, I hope you are all having a great weekend, mine has been terrible so far :(.

I had one of my best friends hen parties to go to last night and I was really looking forward to it, see some of my friends, have drinks have fun :D, but this girl who my friend works with was really horrible, she said that I shouldn’t have my baby because it isn’t right or normal for two women to have a child, it absolutely floored me and I burst into tears and just left, my other friends all called her out on it straight away but I just felt so overwhelmed and hurt that I had to leave, it’s not like me to not stand up for myself, maybe I should have got into an argument with her but I didn’t want to ruin my friends night.

Oh I’m sorry. :grouphug:  She sounds like a really awful person. Why would she ruin a party like that? What an awful thing to say to you! And what an awful way to behave at a friend’s party!

Thank you both, you know what it’s mostly done is just re enforce what an amazing girl I’m marrying, I came home way too early with ruined makeup from crying and the first thing she did is just give me a huge long hug before I even told her what happened, she’s normally the most caring, sweetest person but when I told her why I was so upset she got really angry.

I spoke to my friend who’s hen party it was today and she was really understanding too, I mostly just didn’t want to ruin her night, but she  basically said she asked the other girl to leave and that what she did was not cool at all, and said we’re both awesome mums.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I wish I had curls! Don't really understand the appeal of ironing, my hair is straight as a ruler, and I wish it were a bt wavy or curly to make it a little bit more interesting.

Yesterday when I washed my hair, I felt like there was nothing to wash, because it is so short. Then I went straight to bed and now it points to all the different directions. Methinks maybe I would have to blow it dry and brush it into some form now that it is short ... :idea:At least that wasn't a problem when long, I could go to sleep in any position and lie down as much as I wanted, but the form stayed the same always (just straigt down, obviously). I hate using the hairdryer though, it takes long, is uncomfortable having warm air blown towards my head, and my hair gets greasy so much quicker after it.

I agree with all the pluses of short hair ... less hot in summer ... more practical for swimming, it dries quicker. It does not get caught into scarves/straps of bags and backpacks, which means a lot to me too. Also, it is not so annoying when it is very windy.

Happy weekend, spammers!

I like having straight hair in my case :P but times when I wanted to have waves I made a ponytail or buns while having the hair wet and it worked. If not...with the iron, but it's quite damaging, even with the special spray to protect from the heat.

Yeah! when the hair is very short it usually has a life on its own, it's difficult to mantain it in an straight position, I hate tat as well. It has always reminded me of Travolta'scharacter hair in Hairspray. Maybe not as exaggerated but to get the idea...

4 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Hey everyone!, I hope you are all having a great weekend, mine has been terrible so far :(.

I had one of my best friends hen parties to go to last night and I was really looking forward to it, see some of my friends, have drinks have fun :D, but this girl who my friend works with was really horrible, she said that I shouldn’t have my baby because it isn’t right or normal for two women to have a child, it absolutely floored me and I burst into tears and just left, my other friends all called her out on it straight away but I just felt so overwhelmed and hurt that I had to leave, it’s not like me to not stand up for myself, maybe I should have got into an argument with her but I didn’t want to ruin my friends night.

Damn, I'm sorry. Some people being so nasty and rude everywhere....

I'm glad your SO and your friend stood by your side. Seriosuly, why are some people so awful....

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Do you give private maths lessons to kids? And are you all right? Health-wise? 

It's quite fun, actually! (when one doesn't get bored teaching the same all over again). My master is more brain damaging, actually :P

19 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I do, but you know, my hourly pay is not the kind of money that’s worth The extra work.

I see. But you cannot just refuse to do overtime, right?

Well, I do work on a laptop every day and I do make tons of long phone calls and it’d be the least to at least reimburse me for the phone bill. I’d still be amortizing my own devices for company purposes. Onto the funny part, when we (me and other junior colleagues) voiced this issue, the answer getting one press button mobile (you know the one that costs $15) for the four of us to take turns using at the office. I mean it’s 2019.  how much does the basicest smart phone cost?  $100-150? It’s not like they couldn’t afford it, the company leases a bmw for my manager. And you know, that’s just pathetic and ridiculous and offensive.

I also work on a laptop a lot and have phone calls, but not long ones. Yes, in an ideal world, that would be paid partly by the employer ... but I supposed I gave up on that dream at some point.

That idea is ridiculous. Not even the part about the stupidphone (you have computers in the office, right?), but the part about sharing one when all of your jobs involve lots of long phone calls.

public education teachers are public servants, here, they are on government pay, which sucks. Private school teachers or language school teachers are much better off but I suppose the latter wouldn’t  have employee contracts.

Here public school teachers are the same, and they have a terrible reputation for some reason too. There are only few private schools and I am not sure how they are financed (there is a debate going on right now as to whether private schools should be partly financed by the state). And no, language schools don't have employees, they have students working through the student organisation and "freelancers" that mostly work for them. Both are apparently cheaper than actually employing people.

Naaaah, I don’t work two jobs, I’m a lazy, entitled millennial.

Awww come on. If you are, then we all are. ;)

Good luck with the proofreading job, I hope it’ll make up for the lack of courses.

Thanks.

16 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

I like having straight hair in my case :P but times when I wanted to have waves I made a ponytail or buns while having the hair wet and it worked. If not...with the iron, but it's quite damaging, even with the special spray to protect from the heat.

That doesn't even really work for me. Even if I have a bun or braids when wet, when it dries and I let it loose, it is almost completely straight again.

17 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

Damn, I'm sorry. Some people being so nasty and rude everywhere....

I'm glad your SO and your friend stood by your side. Seriosuly, why are some people so awful....

I don’t know, I’m over it now though, just putting it behind me and ignoring people stuck in the 1950s!.

Rhae your company makes some bad decisions, tell them you want a new iPhone XS and a company Mercedes!.

4 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I don’t know, I’m over it now though, just putting it behind me and ignoring people stuck in the 1950s!.

Rhae your company makes some bad decisions, tell them you want a new iPhone XS and a company Mercedes!.

I'm glad then! That's the important thing.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

That doesn't even really work for me. Even if I have a bun or braids when wet, when it dries and I let it loose, it is almost completely straight again.

With the iron in me they last a about 3 hours but I need hairspray.

5 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Glad to hear you let it go. Some people will always be mean little shits and say unkind things to others, and the best you can do is turn a deaf ear to them and concentrate on your beautiful baby and great partner. 

Nah, my expectations are totally realistic. I just want my phone bill and my monthly public transport ticket paid. 

7 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

see. But you cannot just refuse to do overtime, right?

Well, theoretically I can, but practically... peer pressure and stuff. Going home on time these days is basically the equivalent of not being committed and motivated and that’s socially frowned upon. 

also work on a laptop a lot and have phone calls, but not long ones. Yes, in an ideal world, that would be paid partly by the employer ... but I supposed I gave up on that dream at some point.

That idea is ridiculous. Not even the part about the stupidphone (you have computers in the office, right?), but the part about sharing one when all of your jobs involve lots of long phone calls

I’m sorry, I experience every day how annoying that is. 

No, everybody works on their own laptop. The issue with the stupidphone, aside from the pathetic and ridiculous nature of the idea, is that it doesn’t have basic functions we use (like setting the volume of the speaker, silencing the microphone, conference call, etc). 

Here public school teachers are the same, and they have a terrible reputation for some reason too. There are only few private schools and I am not sure how they are financed (there is a debate going on right now as to whether private schools should be partly financed by the state). And no, language schools don't have employees, they have students working through the student organisation and "freelancers" that mostly work for them. Both are apparently cheaper than actually employing people.

The situation here is very similar. Expect for students in language schools. Here language schools have teachers who fled public education. And yeah, having employees is expensive, there are all kinds of benefits to pay and lots of laws telling you what you have to do for your employees. With free lancers, you can build the most ridiculously one sided contract because nobody keeps the interests of a self-employed person in check, as the general assumption is that they are self-employed for the right reasons.

No, I really am (lazy). At least compared to people who work two jobs and do volunteer work and have families and even go the gym. Oh well, as long as that’s my worst flaw, I’m fine. 

I need a drink. 

3 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Glad to hear you let it go. Some people will always be mean little shits and say unkind things to others, and the best you can do is turn a deaf ear to them and concentrate on your beautiful baby and great partner. 

Nah, my expectations are totally realistic. I just want my phone bill and my monthly public transport ticket paid. 

I think having a baby has definitely chilled me out a bit, the old me would have at the very best given her a scathing tirade of insults and belittlement and at the worst punched her on the nose! :D.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I think having a baby has definitely chilled me out a bit, the old me would have at the very best given her a scathing tirade of insults and belittlement and at the worst punched her on the nose! :D.

Well cheers to that baby for having such a great great impact on your temper. I’m sure the galaxy will thank her :D 

oh damn. I’m so done with people for today. 

12 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well cheers to that baby for having such a great great impact on your temper. I’m sure the galaxy will thank her :D 

oh damn. I’m so done with people for today. 

But.....but it’s turned me into a complete sweetheart :(.

27 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

But.....but it’s turned me into a complete sweetheart :(.

You’ve always been a completely sweetheart deep down, the baby just brought it to the surface :p so much for ruling galaxies :p 

1 hour ago, RhaenysBee said:

You’ve always been a completely sweetheart deep down, the baby just brought it to the surface :p so much for ruling galaxies :p 

I will rule galaxies!!!!:commie:, but nicely :wub:.

how does TTTNE hit 13 hours?  damn that...i only lurk now but i spent YEARS on this site filling in the spam. i'm quite sure that people that post more than me would be MOTHER FUCKING MORTIFIED at your lack of commitment.  

Don't pull up on me sideways, you don't know me.  but ppl that know spam know me.

You bastards like spam?????   prove it.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:48 AM, D_P said:

how does TTTNE hit 13 hours?  damn that...i only lurk now but i spent YEARS on this site filling in the spam. i'm quite sure that people that post more than me would be MOTHER FUCKING MORTIFIED at your lack of commitment.  

Don't pull up on me sideways, you don't know me.  but ppl that know spam know me.

You bastards like spam?????   prove it.

we are very busy creatures :P I have been herr since...Septrmber I think? And it was this way? i think.

btw....helloooo! Always glad for a newbie to meet spaammers.

Archived