TTTNE 475 - for the Honour of Greyskull!

felice

On 4/6/2019 at 12:03 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

It is about a quirky,sexy,psychopathic Russian assassin with great dress sense and the MI5 agent tasked with stopping her, drama and dark comedy.

I didn’t really like running in the city, I don’t enjoy running on pavements that much and London is so bad for diesel fumes!.

I’m sorry to hear that you aren’t feeling well and I hope you feel better soon.

Seeing as we’re doing TMI moments.

Reveal hidden contents

No success with mini Sith 2 this month my fiancée got her period :(.

yeah that must be a general problem in every big city. 

I’m sorry about the failed first try. I’m sure mini sith number 2 will happen for you guys soon. 

So I was doing better today in terms of the previous issues, but now I feel like I have a flu coming on. Like what is even going on? Is this stress combined with the stupid weather and my poor clothing choices of the past two weeks? Or was it someone randomly sneezing on me on public transport or why the hell am I feel like crap? 

This is so annoying because I will have to either go to work feeling poorly or explain and justify why I can’t go to work. And the first one is physically challenging, and the second one is just... kinda humiliating? Does anybody feel that when having to call in sick? Meh... 

On 4/4/2019 at 3:37 PM, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Maybe you should marry her it seems like you have more in common :P, but I get where you and her are coming from really, they are very dangerous but really fun too!, although I did see something that statistically riding a motorbike is safer than riding a horse, I’m not sure how

much truth there is to that but at least a motorbike will do what you tell it to be fair!.

I like going running outside too, I stopped doing it so much when I lived in central London because there weren’t that many good places to run and the air was very polluted, now we’ve moved to the suburbs I would say I run 50% treadmill and 50% outside, there is a nice river path along the Thames that I enjoy, I have to have music when I’m running I get bored if I don’t!.

Also, you definitely need to watch Killing Eve, it’s awesome!.

You lucky!

On 4/5/2019 at 9:47 PM, RhaenysBee said:

It’s great if you don’t take it too seriously. Insane amount of plot holes, but the acting and the main antihero/antagonist whatever you wanna label her makes up for it. 

I’ve always been 110 pounds (give or take 3) so I have no idea where my tolerance for alcohol had come from. 

Oh I never really “teleported” (that’s what we call it), I just have very very fuzzy memories of certain things, like almost spinning my ankle in my party heels, running into some high school classmates and barely remembering it, stuff like that. I once dropped my ID in a sewer grill, and a kindly security man got it out for me. Cringe. So glad this phase of mine lasted less than two years :uhoh: 

oh wow. Why did I think you were 27ish? I suppose I think everybody is the same age as me? And unfortunately, for 4 months now, I’ve been 26. 

I once lost my birthday presents somewhere while returning home...agree with the bolded

:P No worries, virtually no one who doens't know me puts my age, and it helps that I don't feel as if I was. Even if age is what it is, and I am not as young, I always say age is just a number. I remember being 27 as if it was yesterday.

18 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

yeah that must be a general problem in every big city. 

I’m sorry about the failed first try. I’m sure mini sith number 2 will happen for you guys soon. 

So I was doing better today in terms of the previous issues, but now I feel like I have a flu coming on. Like what is even going on? Is this stress combined with the stupid weather and my poor clothing choices of the past two weeks? Or was it someone randomly sneezing on me on public transport or why the hell am I feel like crap? 

This is so annoying because I will have to either go to work feeling poorly or explain and justify why I can’t go to work. And the first one is physically challenging, and the second one is just... kinda humiliating? Does anybody feel that when having to call in sick? Meh... 

:grouphug: I have gotten a cold as well, I hate feeling this way!, I hope you feel better soon.

16 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

And I definitley have to watch Killin Eve

You should!.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well today is shit. :angry:

This whole week is shit. Can’t wait for Easter. 

5 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

:grouphug: I have gotten a cold as well, I hate feeling this way!, I hope you feel better soon.

You should!.

Thank you! You get well soon too! 

15 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

Well, that too. I only get one day off for Easter, but it is a Monday and that means one day that I don't have to get up early, so that will help. Need to survive the next two weeks.

I think it is time to bring the compliment thread back to life to make us feel better.

21 hours ago, RhaenysBee said:

I hope you are feeling better, I have a bit more energy after staying in bed and sleeping most of the day, my fiancee has been looking after mini Sith.

8 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

Well, that too. I only get one day off for Easter, but it is a Monday and that means one day that I don't have to get up early, so that will help. Need to survive the next two weeks.

I think it is time to bring the compliment thread back to life to make us feel better.

I feel you, surviving the next 20 days of April is going to be a challenge. We have two red letter days for Easter, and I scheduled an additional day off - not sure how (or if) that’s gonna happen. I’ll be traveling a shitton for work, which is soooo much extra time with super early and super late hours. Bleh. I hate spring. 

2 hours ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I hope you are feeling better, I have a bit more energy after staying in bed and sleeping most of the day, my fiancee has been looking after mini Sith.

Glad to hear you are doing better!

I still feel pretty weird and under the weather. A huge part of this is hormonal, another major part is stress and actual physical illness is only a minor fragment. It doesn’t help that I’m having a hell of a week, so rest is off the table.

Also this is the week of nobodycareswhich faculty days, so my beloved dorm students are wreaking havoc on the streets acting like King’s Landing mob. Good thing that it’s 2019 and these people are supposed to be the intellectuals of the future. I will never understand why university student bodies believe that behaving like a herd of wild animals equals team spirit and building a sense of belonging. I didn’t understand this even when I was at uni. Freshman camp (is that even a thing anywhere else in the world?) was hands down my most traumatic social experience. How can I talk so much about this? 

51 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I feel you, surviving the next 20 days of April is going to be a challenge. We have two red letter days for Easter, and I scheduled an additional day off - not sure how (or if) that’s gonna happen. I’ll be traveling a shitton for work, which is soooo much extra time with super early and super late hours. Bleh. I hate spring. 

Glad to hear you are doing better!

I still feel pretty weird and under the weather. A huge part of this is hormonal, another major part is stress and actual physical illness is only a minor fragment. It doesn’t help that I’m having a hell of a week, so rest is off the table.

Also this is the week of nobodycareswhich faculty days, so my beloved dorm students are wreaking havoc on the streets acting like King’s Landing mob. Good thing that it’s 2019 and these people are supposed to be the intellectuals of the future. I will never understand why university student bodies believe that behaving like a herd of wild animals equals team spirit and building a sense of belonging. I didn’t understand this even when I was at uni. Freshman camp (is that even a thing anywhere else in the world?) was hands down my most traumatic social experience. How can I talk so much about this? 

I hope you feel better soon :grouphug:, also you know what is really effective in dealing with Kings Landing mobs?, dragons!!.

16 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I hope you feel better soon :grouphug:, also you know what is really effective in dealing with Kings Landing mobs?, dragons!!.

I was watching The Leftovers yesterday so I was kinda thinking along the lines of wild dogs? 

31 minutes ago, RhaenysBee said:

I was watching The Leftovers yesterday so I was kinda thinking along the lines of wild dogs? 

Go with what you think would work best, I tend to favour force lightning and/or dragons :P.

26 minutes ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

Go with what you think would work best, I tend to favour force lightning and/or dragons :P.

I can see why you would take that route. Way better efficiency. Then again, dogs are more accessible. Also, it’s somewhat rainy this week, which may be a sympathy pat on our shoulders from god. Of course, what’s a little rain compared to a milder thunder storm or a bit of hail? But who am I to make suggestions? 

I’m feeling a bit better today, and it’s sunny too :commie:, we have been out for a walk by the river this afternoon, mini Sith seems to love nothing more than us feeding the ducks and swans at the moment!.

1 hour ago, Bittersweet Distractor said:

I’m feeling a bit better today, and it’s sunny too :commie:, we have been out for a walk by the river this afternoon, mini Sith seems to love nothing more than us feeding the ducks and swans at the moment!.

Wait, no electrocuting? What kind if a Sith are you raising? :P

Taught 7 hours of German today. Also I am a bit under the weather, runny nose and a slightly sore throat ... not made better by the fact that I have to talk all the time at work. Also, it has been lightly raining the whole day. Am now on the bus home, slightly tired and sleepy.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Wait, no electrocuting? What kind if a Sith are you raising? :P

Taught 7 hours of German today. Also I am a bit under the weather, runny nose and a slightly sore throat ... not made better by the fact that I have to talk all the time at work. Also, it has been lightly raining the whole day. Am now on the bus home, slightly tired and sleepy.

She is still too little to be trained in the art of force lightning, and even so she wouldn’t hurt animals!, only people :P.

Oh hi. It’s 8am on a bright Friday morning and I’ve been up since... well let’s be generous and say 4:30. Saying 2am - the time when I relocated from my bedroom to the guest room’s sofa bed to flee the bass of the party outside - would be far too dramatic. Well that was enough passive aggressive attitude for today. 

I mean I’m not actually complaining. I did manage to get cash, McDonald’s breakfast food, emergency snacks for lunch and  tickets before getting  on the train and then I managed to look through everything I wanted to look through and prepare the way I wanted to for this work thing today. So that was a blasting success. 

How are you all on this bright Friday morning? Are you wearing sunglasses and spf? 

I am envious of your sun. It is cloudy and grey here. Also it is not raining right at this moment, but it looks like it can start again at any time.

Just one hour of teaching today, in the afternoon ... a course I don't really want to teach, but I was talked into taking it over because I am a nice person who cannot say no.

Archived