What end of the story will satisfy you

T and A

On 4/26/2019 at 6:24 PM, House Cambodia said:

And if the NK is the ultimate victor, what mode of politics would you describe it as? Not sure 'monarchy' works just because he's been given the moniker 'Night's KING"!

Well, looks like NK's mode of politics doesn't matter any more.

On 4/29/2019 at 10:48 PM, Cas Stark said:

The story is beyond salvage now.  So, no end will satisfy me, I still would like to see Arya, wolves, dragons and Jon live, but beyond that I don't care anymore

At this point I'm just hoping for Jon being King in the end, even though they stole his fucking purpose in the last episode. He had to do something big during the battle against the dead, and instead he spent the whole episode running around like a headless chicken SMH.

I want a somewhat happy ending. I want Jon, Ghost and a dragon to survive. I'm not optimistic at this point. Just praying we eventually get the legitimate story, via books. Cause this has become of travesty. I know it is unlikely books will have a fairytale ending, but for the show, I want at least a taste of that.

2 minutes ago, TNTW said:

I want a somewhat happy ending. I want Jon, Ghost and a dragon to survive. I'm not optimistic at this point. Just praying we eventually get the legitimate story, via books. Cause this has become of travesty. I know it is unlikely books will have a fairytale ending, but for the show, I want at least a taste of that.

Jon being King seems likely in the end I think, specially if Daenerys goes back to her "mad queen" vibes she was giving in episodes 1 and 2 in the next episode. Not sure about Ghost though. And I think the dragons are fucked, although they may leave some eggs behind for the future.

6 minutes ago, Xemi said:

Jon being King seems likely in the end I think, specially if Daenerys goes back to her "mad queen" vibes she was giving in episodes 1 and 2 in the next episode. Not sure about Ghost though. And I think the dragons are fucked, although they may leave some eggs behind for the future.

I think Rhaegal is a goner for sure. I could see Drogon surviving, maybe, but flying off into the great unknown, especially if Dany dies. I've pretty much resigned myself to her death, and thus no baby. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath. I think Jon may live, but not rule. I could see him heading north, with ghost by his side. I hope.

1 minute ago, TNTW said:

I think Rhaegal is a goner for sure. I could see Drogon surviving, maybe, but flying off into the great unknown, especially if Dany dies. I've pretty much resigned myself to her death, and thus no baby. I hope to be pleasantly surprised, but I'm not holding my breath. I think Jon may live, but not rule. I could see him heading north, with ghost by his side. I hope.

Jon leaving instead of doing his duty of taking the throne to mend the wounded realm? I think that would be character assasination of the highest order, but we're talking about Dumb&Dumber here so, who knows.

I really have no idea. 

If Jon dies, then his whole life was a waste, he ended just like his cousin Robb and foster father Ned, too good for this world.  And Jon dying at the hands of Cersei would be such a let down, I can't imagine that such a death of a main and fan favorite character wouldn't again affect the show in hindsight.

But, if he lives and rules, um, he hasn't really shown much leadership ability, or even battle commander ability in the show, he's lost all his battles and/or gotten his ass saved by someone else.  I'm not sure why Westeros would accept the word of Bran Stark and Sam about his legitimacy as a Targaryen, and since the WW threat was ended up North, no one in the South is going to even believe it, let alone be thankful for it.  So, I don't know, I would think this may be somewhat more satisfying than his death, but the showrunners like WTF moments out of nowhere, and Jon dying a pointless death, my guess is, they would think is in keeping with the show.

Dany also has been stripped of her most commanding gift, the gift of being a conquer and a good battle commander, because through poor counsel and stupidity she has gotten most of her allies killed already.  I feel the show has telegraphed that she will get pregnant, so this suggests it would be she who lives.

The whole characterizations and plot arcs are all a mess now, so I don't see how anything can be satisfying.

I've got the last ten seconds of the series in my head - GRRM appears to have ruled it out but he might be telling a wee fib.

To my mind, John Bradley was cast for one reason only. Now, he has turned out to be a fine actor unlike a few others in the cast, but he was chosen purely on his resemblance to a young GRRM. So I still reckon we'll see GRRM himself as an aged Samwell sitting at a table in the Citadel or Horn Hill writing ASOIAF.

On 4/15/2019 at 1:03 PM, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

It's a theory centering on Cersei's description of the infant she had with Robert and Gendry's description of his mother. Both in season 1. It postulates that either she gave up the child (unable to poison it as she implied) or that someone else switched the child and she killed another baby. I'd personally go with the former. Cersei's love for her children is like her only good quality. Gendry says he remembers his mother had yellow hair and sang to him. He also said she was some tavern wench. Cersei later describes how she used to disguise herself as a tavern wench to meet with Jaime. The time between when Gendry's mom disappeared also alligns with the time between when Gendry was born and when Joffry was. She theoretically would have stopped visiting Gendry when she had her first child with Jaime.

Plus there's the whole idea that someone was looking out for Gendry, purchasing his apprenticeship with the best armorer in King's Landing. It's unlikely this was Robert, Cersei makes the most sense, especially given her reaction to Joffry's order to have all of Robert's children killed.

Wow.......that just blew my mindhole.

1 hour ago, TNTW said:

The story will have to be different, because in the books, there is an actual living Aegon Targaryen already. Jon will have a different name and purpose as one of the dragons 3 heads. I agree with wanting a taste of the books for the show though. We really have gone off the rails from the books so fingers crossed right?

1 hour ago, Xemi said:

Jon leaving instead of doing his duty of taking the throne to mend the wounded realm? I think that would be character assasination of the highest order, but we're talking about Dumb&Dumber here so, who knows.

Yep. I agree with that. Jon wouldn't want to rule, but he would do his duty, if he felt it would be best for the realm.

17 minutes ago, LadyBlackwater said:

The story will have to be different, because in the books, there is an actual living Aegon Targaryen already. Jon will have a different name and purpose as one of the dragons 3 heads. I agree with wanting a taste of the books for the show though. We really have gone off the rails from the books so fingers crossed right?

Oh yes. Show started with so much promise. If course we all knew it wouldn't be the same, but disappointed the direction they have gone. Off the rails for sure. But, they could make up for it a bit with these last few episodes, but I don't believe they will.

1 minute ago, TNTW said:

Oh yes. Show started with so much promise. If course we all knew it wouldn't be the same, but disappointed the direction they have gone. Off the rails for sure. But, they could make up for it a bit with these last few episodes, but I don't believe they will.

Agreed. It actually makes me sad. Some of it just makes me sigh in resignation. I am excited for Season 8 only because I am hoping that once the show is over, we will get more than sample chapters from the next book and actually get the book you know?

2 minutes ago, LadyBlackwater said:

Agreed. It actually makes me sad. Some of it just makes me sigh in resignation. I am excited for Season 8 only because I am hoping that once the show is over, we will get more than sample chapters from the next book and actually get the book you know?

Yep. Show is just a filler. Something to hold us over until WoW. Fingers crossed for later this year! Also hoping he's secretly working on ADOS too, as he knows what this gap between books does to fans lol.

As far as Jon goes, with the conclusion of the White Walker threat I'm hoping his purpose is to end the Targarian line. To kill Daenerys and die in the process. Like Beric, The Lord of Light brought him back for a reason and like Beric, Jon should perish after he served his purpose. He's had his life and seen it's natural end. He died like a Stark. Now it's time for his final purpose to be fulfilled and to return to his natural state.

3 minutes ago, Lord Stannis-The True King said:

As far as Jon goes, with the conclusion of the White Walker threat I'm hoping his purpose is to end the Targarian line. To kill Daenerys and die in the process. Like Beric, The Lord of Light brought him back for a reason and like Beric, Jon should perish after he served his purpose. He's had his life and seen it's natural end. He died like a Stark. Now it's time for his final purpose to be fulfilled and to return to his natural state.

But what if the reason the Lord of Light brought him back is so he can rule the seven kingdoms as a just ruler?

Ouch, now I have no clue.

I wasn't exactly optimistic about getting a satisfactory ending when coming into this season but the last episode really stifled my hopes. Anyway I'd ideally like no Jon and Dany child ascending the throne, Sam getting a semi happy ending, Ghost to get an action scene and a cool battle involving elephants and cool shots. Most of all, I'm hoping for a sad, quiet scene in which Jaime kills Cercei. Hopefully they don't mess that part up.

1 minute ago, LadyBlackwater said:

But what if the reason the Lord of Light brought him back is so he can rule the seven kingdoms as a just ruler?

I personally don't think he is a good leader. So I don't subscribe to that mindset. I'm putting my support behind Gendry and Sansa. A Baratheon restoration is what's needed not Targarian.

3 minutes ago, LadyBlackwater said:

Good idea but the show and books seem to have anti feudalistic themes. I doubt that the show is going to end with a king literally being chosen by god to rule over the kingdom. Besides, I'm not really sure if R'hllor has the best definition of a just ruler. I'm fairly sure that the reason that Jon was brought back will not be answered.

Archived