Possibility of Hodor returning?

I've had this theory for a while now, wanted to know what some of you thought about it. I think Hodor will return, in the form of a Wight during the Battle of Winterfell. If it was to happen, it would be great to see Bran's reaction to seeing him in that way, considering he is so emotionless. What do you guys think? 

Also, while we are on the topic, do you think any other characters that were killed by the Army of the Dead will return too?

Yes, we'll see known characters slain and then reanimated to lunge at their former comrades. We already saw the foreshadowing of this in the Hardhome episode. Just who all it will be is unclear, though. Hodor has been pushing up ice-daisies for a while now, but it's not like he'd have spoiled. Jaime and the Hound would be a real hit with Cersei, but she's a long ways from there. 

Hodor and Summer have to come back. I'm sure that when Leaf blew herself up the fire didn't reach all the way back to the main chamber where Summer got himself killed for no reason and of course Hodor was outside. It would be very sad to see them come back as wights but realistically they should. That's what happens to anyone who dies. We have to see this.

4 hours ago, Ghostlydragon said:

Hodor and Summer have to come back. I'm sure that when Leaf blew herself up the fire didn't reach all the way back to the main chamber where Summer got himself killed for no reason and of course Hodor was outside. It would be very sad to see them come back as wights but realistically they should. That's what happens to anyone who dies. We have to see this.

Yes. It would be a good twist too, as sad as it will be too see. Bran's reaction would be interesting to see, as it was kinda his fault. He is so emotionless now it would be great to see if he shows any empathy to them if they turned up.

I don't want to see it (I loved Hodor!) but it would make sense to happen. For the story it would be great if some of the fallen friends really made comeback as zombies.

But I don't think that there are many characters that fell north of the Wall - Hodor, Summer, Thoros, who else? Maybe Jeor Mormont? That would be cool if Jorah had to fight with his undead father! Anyway, although there was a lot of characters who died in the north (Ygritte, Stannis, Wun Wun, Littlefinger, Ramsay, Roose, Rickon, Osha...), I think that almost none of them qualify as potential zombies.

Archived