NBA Season 2020 - RIP Mamba

Relic

40 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Agreed.  I wonder what this will mean for the draft.  If they hold on and try to finish the season, then the order won’t get settled in time to hold the draft in mid summer as normal.  And if you push it back further, you really start to make it hard on college coaches/players caught up in trying to build a roster/decide to stay.

There's a lot of moving parts. I'm kind of curious how this affects contracts, so I'll summon @Whiskeyjack. If a year isn't completed, does it roll over? Would players have to compensate teams if it didn't? Would any team even want that or fight it due to bad PR? 

38 minutes ago, Fez said:

They could jump straight to the playoffs based on the current standings, skipping the rest of the season. But even that seems a bit dicey. It all depends on when the most serious movement/congregation restrictions start getting lifted. Which seems impossible to forecast right now.

They couldn't do that though. Players would need to play some tune up games. Guys are going to come back in worse shape and that could cause injuries. I don't know if they could salvage the season if team practices don't start for a few months.

39 minutes ago, Relic said:

along with everything else. for the next 18 months. 

Unlikely. If that's the case, society has already broken down and who cares about sports? I still think we're in a 90-180 window, which is why I asked how this will impact the NFL's season in the other thread. 

9 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Unlikely. If that's the case, society has already broken down and who cares about sports? I still think we're in a 90-180 window, which is why I asked how this will impact the NFL's season in the other thread. 

read this thread - 

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Saw that yesterday.  It was actually the first time I got nervous about the whole situation.

Guess you havent been seeing the piles of bodies grow in Italy, huh?

Anyway, this isnt the thread for it, i guess. Just wanted to reply to to Tywin. 

3 hours ago, Relic said:

read this thread - 

It's worse than you think. I work at a hospital. We've by and large stopped testing people unless they're in critical condition, and even then we probably aren't testing older patients. And as far as ventilators goes, we're almost out and our future orders are on hold. We're going to start buying from a third party, but who knows how that will go.

1 hour ago, Relic said:

Never doubted the severity of it.  Didn’t have an appreciation for the potential length of it.

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

There's a lot of moving parts. I'm kind of curious how this affects contracts, so I'll summon @Whiskeyjack. If a year isn't completed, does it roll over? Would players have to compensate teams if it didn't? Would any team even want that or fight it due to bad PR?

I don't know the answer for the NBA.

But for MLB, its basically a negotiation right now between the commissioner's office and the union.  Over how they're going to handle both salaries and service time.

I didn't see the evidence, but apparently in his apology video saying he was hacked, he is wearing the same damn hoodie.

I couldn't care less about some dudes bedroom habits, but come on now. We all know a pro player can get laid. A video? Really dawg? Why, anyways? It takes like six steps to post an Instagram video, it wasn't no accident. Then to respond shortly afterwards and not even bother to change clothes for the "It wasn't me! Phone hacked!" response is such a facepalm.

My NBA forum doesnt have a lot to argue about these days. Alas.

Well, on the plus side... it’s the same gal he’s been with since his freshman year at Kentucky.  On the down side, every dude on the internet knows it was her.

I don’t do stories on Instagram, is it possible he was trying to send it to her in a DM and hit the IG version of “Reply All”?

On 3/19/2020 at 7:32 AM, Relic said:

1,500 in two days now, right?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

The infamous “My Instagram was hacked.”

He live streamed his girlfriend performing oral sex on him.

Wait, what?

Did his dick look like it was dipped in pink paint like Draymond's? :P

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

King Rex was amazing during his time in Lexington.

I really don't know much about his college days.

Funny that you quoted me though, I was just coming here to say I watched like an hour of Jordan highlights. I was lucky as a kid who got to see him a lot live, but the retrospective slow motion is insane. The mid-air adjustments. The finishing ability. The ability to keep climbing when he needed to yam on someone. The way he made two consecutive moves and completely disemboweled a packed paint. And that's just his offensive game. He was a devil on defense. 

And they played by different rules back then. Jordan averaged 30/5/5 LIFETIME. He would have destroyed the league today. 

Now ESPN, hurry up with this doc.

On 4/1/2020 at 9:12 PM, Tywin et al. said:

The rise, fall and rebirth of Rex Chapman. I always loved him as a kid:

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/play?id=28975987

8 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Rex was a phenom in high school the likes of which we will never see again.  Apollo HS in Owensboro was sold out for every game.  People would drive from counties away to see him.  Back then, if you heard of a high school player like him; you could only see him live.  There was no internet or highlight reel.

He killed UofL as a freshman in the days when freshmen weren’t expected to do much.  Really did live up to the hype in every way.

I think there’s more than enough in his life story to do a full 30 for 30.

Archived