Your darkest ASoIaF secrets

redcandle17

A very Cersei plan. How would you deal with the Mountain once he became a wildling, about five hours after his first contact with them?

:lol: Well, by then only Gregor would be left so it shouldn't be too hard to seduce/pay a number of stupid sellswords to go kill him. See, the wildings recognize no authority and Gregor tolerates no defiance - so either he'd kill them all, or one of them would manage to kill him after he'd killed a bunch of them. Either way, the wilding problem would be easier to deal with.

Unlikely. The wildlings recognize strength. You would be sending a new chief up into the north... and you should pray he wouldn't bend the knee to Mance Rayder (or, later, Tormund Giant's Bane).

My "darkest" secret, I suppose, is that I usually prefer plot developments that hurt my favorite characters.

Gregor Clegane is far and beyond my favorite character of the series. Then would probably come Jaime and Tyrion, and Sandor. Varys and Robert Baratheon are also great. The big mindless brutes are a personification of fort mayne and the way Westeros works, where the solution to everything is a sword and might makes right. I like Tyrion simply because he's so fun to read about; he says all the things you want every other character to say.

I think George, throughout the entire series, makes a point about those who you would expect to win and expect to root for (i.e. good guys like Ned Stark) are usually the wrong choice. Everyone has skeletons in their closet. No one is a perfect knight (except Arthur Dayne, but he's dead and acts as a sort of shining example that everyone measures themselves against), the people in this world are lusty and greedy and ambitious.

Those are the kind of people that are interesting. Your generic white knight rescuing damsels from dragons gets boring pretty quick. Even the Arthurian legend, which was basically about the best knights and the best king to ever live, was wrought with scandal and sin - to keep things interesting.

Unlikely. The wildlings recognize strength. You would be sending a new chief up into the north... and you should pray he wouldn't bend the knee to Mance Rayder (or, later, Tormund Giant's Bane).

I doubt it. Mance Rayder is no Tywin Lannister. Gregor would be more likely to kill him and proclaim himself king.

Damn, you're right. Gregor would be too dangerous to be sent north of the Wall. But maybe Gregorstein would be a better choice.

My SoIaF secrets.......

I want Jaime to strangle Cersei himself

I hope Dany dies at the hands of Jon

I don't want Arya to recogize Jon or Sansa or even remember her name by the end of the series

I don't feel any sympathy for Rickon at all

Thats all I can think of for now.....

Oh, I thought of another one:

Part of me would like it if Jaime and Brienne had sex. Actually, I'd like to see Jaime get laid by almost anyone other than Cersei, for just once in his life. And homely warrior maids with hideous facial scars deserve some love too, damn it!

Thing is, the other half of my brain would consider that much too cheesy for words...so, I'm a little bit conflicted about some of my ASOIAF sins, I suppose. :P

- John Snow sometimes strikes me as the biggest Gary Stu ever.

- I want Theon to be dead, dead, dead.

- In fact, everyone/everything associated with the Iron Isles could vanish and that'd be peachy-keen.

- I like the parts of Arya that are Stark, but she's had to sublimate that for far too long in the books. So much so that she really is freaky instead of compelling.

- That being said, I love how Arya casually kills; I laughed my head off at her when she killed the Tickler.

- I'm too fond of both the Cleganes for my own good, especially Sandor, whom I feel will ultimately have an important role in the series (a role that's v.obviously tied to Sansa, btw).

- Also, yes. Sandor/Sansa = right up my alley.

- I thank God for Samwell Tarley, "pink mast" and all, because otherwise I'd have lost interest in the Wall and beyond a long time ago.

- Ygritte was annoying. Ygritte/Jon doubly so.

- I enjoyed each and every Brienne chapter.

- Tyrion is by far the sexiest Lannister....with his uncle Kevan coming in a close second.

- I don't understand why Dany is so intent on reclaiming the Iron Throne when it really was her brother's obsession. Oh honey, you wouldn't like it there.

- The idea of Dany/Jon makes me cringe. Now Dany/Tyrion? Yes please.

-The Targaryens were pretty freakin' awesome, even when scarily inbred and insane.

- The instant Eddard died and Sansa became a captive, her POV chapters became my favorites. Period.

- One of the most appealing things about Davos is how he sincerely loves his plump, unremarkable wife (whom I hope we eventually get to SEE).

- The Tyrells are the most boring group of people ever. The only redeeming member of that family is the Queen of Thorns.

- Bronn cracks me up a LOT.

- Davos Seaborn may certainly be one of the more honorable men in the series (as I believe a previous poster claimed), but let's not forget that even he started out a smuggler. Part of the charm of these characters for me is that NONE of them are untarnished, one way or another.

It took until my second read through to catch that the Wall was actually made of ice. I just sort of assumed that when the Wall was weeping, there was ice built up on the outside of it that was melting or something.

- I want Theon to be dead, dead, dead.

I second this. Theon is a pissant little shit who bit off more than he could chew and was indirectly responsible for the sacking of Winterfell. I hope he dies horribly at the hands of the Boltons.

I suppose my deepest darkest secrets are that...I'm probably the most predictable reader ever. For the most part, I feel about the characters probably what GRRM intended someone to think, or what a "stereotypical response" would be. e.g. the Red Wedding appalled me, I can't stand Theon, I cried when Bran got thrown...

A couple that I vary on:

*I hated Ygritte

*Dany/Irri turned me on

*I don't really like Dany

*I hate Tyrion

Oh, and I didn't figure out things like R+L=J until coming here and other fansites.

And I much dislike Sam Tarly. Enough with the whining already, and fat people kinda bother me.

I hope Theon lives too, but only so that the Boltons can skin him twice

I think Renly and Loras are awesome (do not badger me with the details of their relations)

When Cersei was arrested, I actually cried tears of joy

I never actually liked Ned that much

I want Dany's dragons to die

I still punch things when I think about the Red Wedding

- Also, yes. Sandor/Sansa = right up my alley.

Actually Sandor/Sansa is pretty popular so that's a dark secret it seems a lot share.

- The idea of Dany/Jon makes me cringe.

Oh thank you I forgot about that one. I can't stand the idea of Dany/Jon either

-The Targaryens were pretty freakin' awesome, even when scarily inbred and insane.

Nothing says lovin' like poppin' your cousin ;):P

Okay, first o' all, I am new to these boards, a SoIaF fan since 2 years, and native to good ol' Austria, Europe.

My darkest secrets? I want something groundsbreaking happen to Jon. I know he's pretty suie-ish, but still my favourite character. By groundsbreaking I don't necessarily mean something wonderful, but something that shakes the story up.

Either becoming a second King of the Night and leading the Others. Unlikely, but I trust Martin that he can and will surprise us. That's just what I would love most, if he actually became evil. And rpeferably not redemption-to-good-at-the-last-moment-evil, but really kill-me-or-I-kill-you-evil.

Or, of course, finding out that his parents are Rhaegar and Lyanna, somehow aquiring Lightbringer, probably falling in love with Dany and wiping the Others of the face of Westeros. More likely, but meh >.>

Ah well, for the other characters...

Arya: Liked her in the first book, didn't like her in Book 2 and 3, liked her again in Book 4.

Catelyn: Disliked her from the beginning. LIke her slightly more now that she is bad.

Theon: Semi-to-good-likeness. Started to grow fond of him when he got a POV character.

Jaime: Liked from the beginning. I found his POV parts a bit boring sometimes, but he's great.

Cersei: Well, I lvoe to hate her. I really like her parts, but that girl's a bitch, I tell ya.

Ned: Really liked him. I was really, really shocked when he died in the first book. I just couldn't believe Martin would do that to his characters. Now I love him for such violent plot twists.

Robb: Never really liked him. Same as Catelyn, he's cooler as a corpse.

Sansa: Disliked her at the beginning, but found her icnresingly likeable as time progressed. Now I love her parts. Her STORY parts, for all you perverts out there.

Asha: Liked her from the beginning. Greyjoy love.

Victarion: Like him too. I found him to be a bit unneccessary as a POV, but hes good.

Aeron: He is ok, but among my less liked Greyjoys.

Arys Oakheart: Not much here. One chapter and a suicide attack? Please.

Arianne: Kinda bitchy too, but she's nice. I dig House Martell too.

Bran: He's ok. I found his parts a bit boring when he was just a crippled boy at Winterfell, but he got a lot more interesting after leaving.

Jon: :-)

Dany: Believe it or not, my second favourite character. I guess it's mainly her setting that differs so greatly from all the Westerosi POV chars that makes her interesting.

Tyrion: Who doesn't like him?

Brienne: She's ok, but a bit dull. Her parts were loooong.

Davos: I find this guy adorable. Don't know why, but I like his parts.

Pretty much all for know. Oh, and I want Brienne dead. Don't think bad of me, I just think that she has it coming to her. Like Walder Frey. Or Roose & Ramsay Bolton. Or Osmund Kettleblack. Or Tommen. Or Cersei.

Archived