20Q 2.0 Not much faster but definitely more furious

Jez Bell

Well fast and furious enough we have a double post! (then an 8 hour layover)

If it is not an object, is it place, action or event?

If it is an object, is it man-made?

Dear Jez, I really intended place action or event as one phrase - so I could rule them out, or if the answers was yes, I could then choose to use a question to narrow it down.

Words (including sayings, actual specific quotes, sigils)?

42 minutes ago, Castellan said:

clarification - are animals included in characters? I am not sure myself. I can ask the question if you think animals are a separate category. 

Just now, Buckwheat said:

I think animals are considered characters. And plants would be considered objects, right?

That's how I see it on both counts.  But, just to be crystal, it is not an animal.

Not meant for the host :ninja:

What are any other categories that can be seen on page?

Anything that has a time dimension (weather, dream, memory, gesture, etc.) would fall at least somewhat under an event, anything that was spoken or written (prophecy, rumours, chapter titles, etc.) would fall at least somewhat under words.

A kind of concept (water dancing, etc.)? Or a custom (snows and waters, etc.)?

shadow, i agree concepts and customs, also literary things outside the story, like a homage by the author to another author. Also something like thoughts might not be classified as words as they are not spoken, and though they are events might not be very useful to classify them as such. eg Tyrion thinking his father must have given up on the captive Jaime. People's characteristics like a habitual gesture, eg the smile Tywin kept just for Cersei, its not really an event, its similar to a custom except at the personal level. Nix that one though, as it is seen on page.

Can't help thinking it must be something more basic though.

Archived