20Q 2.0 Not much faster but definitely more furious

Jez Bell

1 minute ago, Castellan said:

is it the token Petyr wanted from Catelyn when he fought Brandon?

Isn't that something that existed?  It was just that she gave it to Brandon instead.

But I really have no other ideas.  

Petyr asks for ' a token' but she refuses and instead gives a handkerchief to Brandon. I assume she could have chosen something else for Petyr. But she chose not to, so Petyr's token never existed. 

I thought of asking if the thing could be non-specific but its easier to find out in one question.

I only asked because I have read these depressing chapters twice now and its the only possible thing that I noticed. I like Catelyn but its all so sad and full of wanting and wishing but nothing seems to fit the clue.

It being non-specific could explain why shadow doesn't know if its man-made or not. Catelyn could have picked a flower or some of her hair, but normally it would be a scarf or something man-made I think. 

I know, I just couldn't keep reading.  I think you're correct with the favor, although one could say that she did give Petyr her favor by asking Brandon to spare him... it just wasn't a token.

For a while I thought it might be Lysa's baby, but then some of Shadow's answers would be quite disturbing.

the comment about the additional reason for thinking it would fit in a shoebox is not explained by my answer. I am probably grasping at a straw.

I originally thought it might be someone wishing they had a good pair of shoes, while trudging through a swamp or something...

Yes, it is the favor Petyr asked for before the duel!

3 hours ago, Castellan said:

It being non-specific could explain why shadow doesn't know if its man-made or not. Catelyn could have picked a flower or some of her hair, but normally it would be a scarf or something man-made I think. 

Yes, that was the trick, and similarly that is why there was the unnecessary initial addition by the answer about shoebox.  She chose a favor for Brandon that definitely would fit into it, but it is hard to imagine that whatever she would have chosen for Petyr would not, as it is always something small.

3 hours ago, Jez Bell said:

I know, I just couldn't keep reading. 

That was not my plan :ninja: I like to upset people in other ways. 

Here is something interesting though! You only need to choose your own location :ninja:

1 hour ago, Jez Bell said:

I searched for box and shoe.  I also searched any terms that could be related: want, need, wish, hope, desire, if only, dream, wonder, gods...

you are more industrious than me. i only searched wish, want and longed .... also shoe and boot....

good mystery, @a free shadow

2 minutes ago, Castellan said:

Except in an abstract sense.

Clarification:  Is this abstraction in the way that a horn could be used as a drinking tankard or the way that babies are things of nature but also technically man-made?

Archived