The 10 levels of Stark hatred

Alyn Oakenfist

Just now, a black swan said:

That's a very fair assessment. 

I feel like your position is far more nuanced and fair compared to some people who simply use this "cold blooded killer" & "psychopath" label to diminish her as someone completely gone. That's not Arya's story or where it's headed but it seems like some people want to label her as something akin to Ramsay because they hate the Starks. 

I think it's possible that Arya's story could end very badly, with her finishing as a kind of Pretty Meris figure, a cold-eyed, emotionless killer and torturer for hire.

I hope that is not her tale ends, and if it did, I think it would be a genuine tragedy, rather than the downfall of someone who was always rotten to the core.  

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

I think it's possible that Arya's story could end very badly, with her finishing as a kind of Pretty Meris figure, a cold-eyed, emotionless killer and torturer for hire.

I hope that is not her tale ends, and if it did, I think it would be a genuine tragedy, rather than the downfall of someone who was always rotten to the core.  

My guess is that she will run into Stoneheart and that will make her turn it around, possibly also mercy killing Stoneheart

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Anything is possible. But from my reading and many others, and yours I would hope, the possibility of her changing course is far more likely. :)

This is all justification for hate, think the real reason for the hate against Starks is the end of the TV show. So much so that if you see older topics it was not so explicit. The truth is that it's not just hatred against Starks, Asoiaf's fandom is (at this moment) especially toxic.

This judgment of characters sucks, of any character (lately even of animals, who just follow their extinct) people just can't look at these characters and see that they are all fictional, with a single entertainment purpose, a good character the one who keeps you entertained in history, he need not be the most cultured and responsible person in history. Arya in my opinion is the most complex and interesting of the Starks, it doesn't matter if she is killing people, fuck it. Who cares about random people death? She's interesting, and it's great to read her chapters (IMO) that's what matters, Jon isn't that interesting, Bran gives me sleep in all his chapters, yet I sympathize with their character, but they have the worst flaw in a fictional character, they are boring (IMO again) it doesn't matter that they are both "good guys", what matters is that they are not interesting enough.

So where does that put me if I agree with points 2 and 4(in part) but not 3? :huh:

But really I think the OP's list of bias does more to illustrate their own level of bias than it does to label other people's. There are certainly plenty of people that are over the top with their dislike of the Starks sure, but that doesn't mean they're immune from criticism just because they're the protagonists. 

What a dumb thread. The Starks are a House of individual characters, someone's feelings on one character should not reflect how you see other characters with the last name Stark.

Furthermore, can the fandom stop with the petty hater/fanboy accusations, all it does is derail conversation and enforce an echo chamber of 'acceptable' opinions.

Archived