Cyberpunk 2077 [split from video games]

C.T. Phipps

Just now, karaddin said:

I'm not a mod, nor do I have any issue with you mutli posting, but to multi quote you press the "+" button right next to "Quote" in the bottom left corner. You can add as many to the multiquote buffer as you like (or at least as many as I've ever tried) and then you should have a button to insert them all that becomes visible down in the bottom right corner "Quote x posts"

@karaddin Have I ever told you that you're AWESOME? 

'cause damn K, you're *awesome*. 

Thank you! :)

After another 7 or 8 levels of Int plus perks including now having epic quick hacks... The nerfs really haven't stopped netrunner lol. At least not for same level or lower content. I haven't tried high danger fights with it yet.

The netrunner perk trees seem to be a lot more focused on things that are actually good, my combat focused build ended up just plucking the high value perks out of a bunch of different categories and ultimately had more in crafting and engineering than any individual combat tree, as a lot of them are just lower value. I could see taking almost the entire breach and quick hack trees.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished up my second "main quest focused" play through after completing literally everything and taking 20 hours longer than my first game and the only thing I wanted to play next was another one again. Bumped difficulty up to very hard this time and its a much buggier experience than the first two games - I'm getting spotted through walls constantly, show up to a random assault in progress and the NCPD are ignoring the Tyger Claws but turning hostile to me almost instantly...

I wanted the difficulty in combat, but it seems to boost to enemy detection turns up some of the bugs that I wasn't seeing before and really detracts from enjoyment. Might have to bump it back down 1 at least.

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

I finished up my second "main quest focused" play through after completing literally everything and taking 20 hours longer than my first game and the only thing I wanted to play next was another one again.

Yeah, the game has the habit of doing that! I've managed to hold off, just barely. And ditto to the fact that a second run, even when you try to be focused, ends up somehow drawing you into various side-stories and quests and next thing you know you've played about as much as last time (or even more, hah).

6 hours ago, karaddin said:

Bumped difficulty up to very hard this time and its a much buggier experience than the first two games - I'm getting spotted through walls constantly, show up to a random assault in progress and the NCPD are ignoring the Tyger Claws but turning hostile to me almost instantly...

I wanted the difficulty in combat, but it seems to boost to enemy detection turns up some of the bugs that I wasn't seeing before and really detracts from enjoyment. Might have to bump it back down 1 at least.

Interesting. I did hear some complaints about this, that it was over-tuned somehow. 

I bumped it down to hard (I'd been playing on normal) and it seems more doable now. My reflexes are no longer fast enough to respond to being spotted in time to react at all on very hard lol. Thats ignoring the bugginess

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

I was saving my second playthrough for when the expansions start arriving, but there still isn't a timeframe for that.

Q1 2022 is where more free DLC is coming, and certainly another patch, so I think I might consider it then. But I'd prefer an expansion to be the reason to revisit the game, as well.

9 hours ago, Ran said:

Q1 2022 is where more free DLC is coming, and certainly another patch, so I think I might consider it then. But I'd prefer an expansion to be the reason to revisit the game, as well.

I'm hoping for NG+ as well, but that will mean repeating a life path so I've decided 3 runs now is ok lol. Need to see the unique dialogues for each, even if they don't have that much impact. One I wasn't expecting on my Corpo play through was in "Being me the head of Gustarvo Orta" where Street kid can just get in through the front door by asking to speak to him.

That said I only realised on this 3rd run that he and his gf are the two Tinos who are at Jackie's ofrenda which made my decision to let him live feel even better. There's a lot of names and a lot of connections between people that the game doesn't bring to your attention, some of it buried just in shards from NCPD scanner jobs as well that really feel like they were meant to build to something. The Biotechnica executive who killed most of a town that you get sent to assassinate in Corpo Plaza is the cause of most of the Corpo NCPD scanner jobs around the area as various parts of the cover up, including cleaning house of the internal whistle blowers.

I really wish they'd been given the time to finish the game.

11 hours ago, Werthead said:

I was saving my second playthrough for when the expansions start arriving, but there still isn't a timeframe for that.

Yeah same, as I love Cyberpunk 2077, and still have 2 quests that are broken on my end that I can't finish. @karaddin, would be interested to know if the Batman car quest and the Zoltar hack worked on your end? They were forever broken for me. 

37 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

Yeah same, as I love Cyberpunk 2077, and still have 2 quests that are broken on my end that I can't finish. @karaddin, would be interested to know if the Batman car quest and the Zoltar hack worked on your end? They were forever broken for me. 

Possibly yes as I'm not sure what these are referring to, which could just mean they didn't stand out for me because they worked. I'll look them up and see lol.

3 minutes ago, karaddin said:

Possibly yes as I'm not sure what these are referring to, which could just mean they didn't stand out for me because they worked. I'll look them up and see lol.

Ok batman car is the caliburn? That one is definitely fine, it was basically the first extra car I got lol.

I'm not finding anything searching for zoltar hack, anything else i can look for?

11 hours ago, karaddin said:

Ok batman car is the caliburn? That one is definitely fine, it was basically the first extra car I got lol.

I'm not finding anything searching for zoltar hack, anything else i can look for?

The batman car is the car in the north badlands in the tunnel. 

The Zoltan hack is the Killing in the Name quest. I call it the Zoltan quest because of where the quest pretty much hit a brick wall for me: there's an electronic sign with a woman talking about the upcoming glorious revolution, and she looks like Zoltan from the movie Big. And there's a port that's meant to be hacked on the side of the sign - in Pacifica - and every attempt to hack it is impossible as the clock time for it isn't the usual 50 or so seconds, and instead it's about 15 seconds. 

47 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

The Zoltan hack is the Killing in the Name quest. I call it the Zoltan quest because of where the quest pretty much hit a brick wall for me: there's an electronic sign with a woman talking about the upcoming glorious revolution, and she looks like Zoltan from the movie Big. And there's a port that's meant to be hacked on the side of the sign - in Pacifica - and every attempt to hack it is impossible as the clock time for it isn't the usual 50 or so seconds, and instead it's about 15 seconds. 

I completed that quest with no problem. Interesting.

The only incomplete quest I have is a police scanner one where you have to kill or capture a guy in a bar and then put his body in the boot of a car that shows up outside. But for some reason the quest marker doesn't trigger when you pick the guy up. If you put him in the back of the car or whatever, the game doesn't recognise it and there is no way to progress. I restarted the mission four or five times to no avail.

Every single other mission in the game and every police scanner mission was completed without a hitch.

1 hour ago, IlyaP said:

If you had issues from earlier saves and earlier patches, I think it's likely that any issues you had are fixed in the current patch, but yeah, you probably need to do a new run.

I myself had a couple of missions that were broken my first run -- in fact, "Killing in the Name" was one of them, though I think my error was different than yours -- that were fine by my second run.

Yeah I picked up the car and completed that quest on both play throughs.

Are you skipping steps for Killing in the Name? You start with talking to Nancy, get sent to a router in 6 Street territory such sends you out to a caravan near the solar farm, then to a billboard in the middle of the "farms" before finally going to Pacifica.

The car is just show up, loot the crates and get in the car 

15 hours ago, karaddin said:

Yeah I picked up the car and completed that quest on both play throughs.

Are you skipping steps for Killing in the Name? You start with talking to Nancy, get sent to a router in 6 Street territory such sends you out to a caravan near the solar farm, then to a billboard in the middle of the "farms" before finally going to Pacifica.

The car is just show up, loot the crates and get in the car 

I followed every single step all around the city, and finally got to Zoltan and had the most infuriatingly impossible amount of time to hack the sign. As @Ran mentioned, it was the same problem I had. 

With the batman car, I went to the cave to the container and there's just...nothing there. I'd tried waiting, resting, reloading, arriving in different cars, and even arriving by foot (that took awhile) - always the same result: nothing. 

If it helps at all, I started playing the game after patch 1.21 and my playthrough also included the upgrades introduced by patch 1.3 (including the improved cursor, as that strange original square was clearly designed at Yikeskea). 

2 minutes ago, IlyaP said:

If it helps at all, I started playing the game after patch 1.21 and my playthrough also included the upgrades introduced by patch 1.3 (including the improved cursor, as that strange original square was clearly designed at Yikeskea). 

Did you try to trigger these things during 1.21? Or are you playing from a save started in 1.21? Because basically if something is broken for you for whatever reason at the start of the save, it won't fixed just by a patch. You need to start a new game.

18 hours ago, Ran said:

If you had issues from earlier saves and earlier patches, I think it's likely that any issues you had are fixed in the current patch, but yeah, you probably need to do a new run.

I myself had a couple of missions that were broken my first run -- in fact, "Killing in the Name" was one of them, though I think my error was different than yours -- that were fine by my second run.

That's Patch 1.3, yeah? 

I'm asking as I'd just mentioned (in the post that will probably appear above this one) that I started playing in June, just before Patch 1.23, so...

It's not the end of the world, it's just damn weird is all. As a completionist, I like doing every last single quest (please help me), so it was a bit of a drag that I couldn't do those. And I don't have the personality type that would enjoy a replay just yet as all the story lines are still too new and familiar, so I'm waiting until the next DLC comes out, which will hopefully add new stories. 

2 minutes ago, Ran said:

Did you try to trigger these things during 1.21? Or are you playing from a save started in 1.21? Because basically if something is broken for you for whatever reason at the start of the save, it won't fixed just by a patch. You need to start a new game.

If this patch history is correct (https://steamdb.info/app/1091500/patchnotes/) then I started just before patch 1.23 was released. And finished in late August, after the release of Patch 1.3. 

Archived