Cast the actor (thread #4)

Annara Snow

1 hour ago, James Arryn said:

Hope I’m not breaking a rule, but he was my headcanon Stannis before HBO. Waaaay more than any other actor for any other role. I’d totally understand why a mega project like the show would be reluctant to cast a guy infamous for getting wanderlust pretty quickly, and Dillane is a fantasti"c actor who did a fine job.

Where are you getting the idea that he gets "wanderlust"? The fake Dr Who story that was believed before we leatned that he actually had a serious conflict with someone (probably Russel T. Davies) and would have otherwise have loved to keep playing the Doctor?

36 minutes ago, Annara Snow said:

Where are you getting the idea that he gets "wanderlust"? The fake Dr Who story that was believed before we leatned that he actually had a serious conflict with someone (probably Russel T. Davies) and would have otherwise have loved to keep playing the Doctor?

He’s had reasons for quickly bailing on projects going back to his career-making role in Cracker…where he said he “didn’t enjoy the atmosphere”. This is his thing, it’s what…beyond terrific acting…he’s known for. 

edit: I think he’s even explained it as being more naturally a stage performer. Just looked up his filmography to confirm: of the 55 projects he has worked on, 52 were a year or less, 2 were over a year, 1 was almost 3. He’s also said that the True Detective format is his ideal non theatre concept in part because of its finite nature.

edit2: to be clear, I have never seen Dr. Who and knew nothing of that particular ‘story’, fake or otherwise. I’m a fan of his work, though, and this seems to fit his pattern to a T. 

Edited by James Arryn

52 minutes ago, James Arryn said:

He’s had reasons for quickly bailing on projects going back to his career-making role in Cracker…where he said he “didn’t enjoy the atmosphere”. This is his thing, it’s what…beyond terrific acting…he’s known for. 

edit: I think he’s even explained it as being more naturally a stage performer. Just looked up his filmography to confirm: of the 55 projects he has worked on, 52 were a year or less, 2 were over a year, 1 was almost 3. He’s also said that the True Detective format is his ideal non theatre concept in part because of its finite nature.

edit2: to be clear, I have never seen Dr. Who and knew nothing of that particular ‘story’, fake or otherwise. I’m a fan of his work, though, and this seems to fit his pattern to a T. 

Most of his roles were in movies or miniseries, in Heroes he was a recurring guest star, Dr Who - like I said, and he had no problem being one of the mains in all 3 seasons of The Leftovers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
21 hours ago, KingAerys_II said:

Aenys Targaryen : Jared Leto

Visenya : Frida Gustavsson 

Rhaenys : Jodie Comer

Aegon : Hayden Chistensen

That's not what this game is about.

You have to cast the last actor that the previous poster mentioned, then you name another actor for the next person to cast.

For instance:

A Horse Named Stranger cast Billy Connolly as Tormund and then said next: Zoey Deschanel

I cast Zoey Deschanel as Lady Ravella Smallwood and said next: Sarah Snook

You're supposed to say which character you'd cast Sarah Snook as, then name another actor.