So did Dany have that little girl tortured?

Alyn Oakenfist

Just now, SeanF said:

His fate was truly horrible.  Nero castrated him, with a view to turning him into a woman.  Galba intended to have him raped to death in the arena, so he took his own life.

Yeah, I know, that was why I said I feel bad for laughing at the poor guys misfortune. Also didn't one of the brief emperors between Nero and Galba use him for fun as well?

4 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Yeah, I know, that was why I said I feel bad for laughing at the poor guys misfortune. Also didn't one of the brief emperors between Nero and Galba use him for fun as well?

My bad.  It was Vitellius who wanted him raped to death.  Otho used him for sex.

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

My bad.  It was Vitellius who wanted him raped to death.  Otho used him for sex.

Jesus Fucking Christ...

Btw, my memory is a bit dodgy in regards to the last 1st century, but wasn't Vitellius the one that bought the emperorship at an auction held by the Praetorian Guard?

9 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

Jesus Fucking Christ...

Btw, my memory is a bit dodgy in regards to the last 1st century, but wasn't Vitellius the one that bought the emperorship at an auction held by the Praetorian Guard?

Didius Julianus in 192.   Vitellius was the candidate of the German Legions in 68.  Both men came to sticky ends. Come to think of it, most emperors died violently.

1 minute ago, SeanF said:

Didius Julianus in 192.   Vitellius was the candidate of the German Legions in 68.  Both men came to sticky ends. Come to think of it, most emperors died violently.

By Praetorian Guard more often than not too. Good thing Constantine purged them

1 hour ago, frenin said:

You're literally comparing Dany's decision to kill slave masters guilty of impalling children with her just killing off Lannisters just because.

You're all starting to make the impossible possible, you're starting to make all the fanatic Targ lovers within this fandom sound  less frenzied. Congrats.

She does it with the wineseller's daughters, doesn't probe further when Mirri says she's glad Rhaego is dead, and thinks all the "usurpers dogs" are guilty. I dont think it's unfair to state that Dany randomly and impulsively applies "justice."

35 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

She does it with the wineseller's daughters, doesn't probe further when Mirri says she's glad Rhaego is dead, and thinks all the "usurpers dogs" are guilty. I dont think it's unfair to state that Dany randomly and impulsively applies "justice."

I could be mistaken here, not being a woman and all,  but few mothers are likely to be glad when subject to forcible abortion.

4 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I could be mistaken here, not being a woman and all,  but few mothers are likely to be glad when subject to forcible abortion.

I mean given the late stage and all, I think we can consider it less forcible abortion and more full on infanticide

Just now, Alyn Oakenfist said:

I mean given the late stage and all, I think we can consider it less forcible abortion and more full on infanticide

I think if I told a woman I was glad her child was dead, I'd get quite a hostile response.

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I think if I told a woman I was glad her child was dead, I'd get quite a hostile response.

Yeah no shit. If I added in leaving her husband a vegetable and leaving her barren, well... let's just say of the many times Dany overreacts, this is definitely not one of those moments. She has a perfectly normal response

Just now, El Guapo said:

Clearly Dany should have hired some investigators and gave Mirri a fair trial before executing her.

Mirri confessed and was obviously guilty. I'm not saying hiring private investigators, or even giving them a fair trial, but at least have some proof each of them was involved.

3 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Well we dont know and there's the rub. Mirri could be responding out of anger or revulsion, like Tyrion confessed to Joffrey's murder. Or not. Again its a pattern with Dany.

2 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Clearly Dany should have hired some investigators and gave Mirri a fair trial before executing her.

How melodramatic.

Just ask two follow up questions. "how did he die?" "Did you kill him with a spell?" Even if Mirri doesn't give reasonable replies at least Dany did due diligence to determine guilt, and that it wasn't just a natural miscarriage.

1 minute ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Mirri could be responding out of anger or revulsion, like Tyrion confessed to Joffrey's murder. Or not. Again its a pattern with Dany.

Now you're exaggerating. Mirri confessed, simple as that. Even in a court of law nowadays that's enough for a conviction.

2 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

"how did he die?"

She already knows that, he was born dead and malformed, despite her knowing he was alive in her belly just days prior, which also answers the second question quite well.

About MMD, didn’t she told Dany to not enter the tent when the shadows were dancing but it was Jorah who picked her up and carried her in there? How is that Mirri’s fault?

7 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

like Tyrion confessed to Joffrey's murder.

:agree:

Now you're exaggerating. Mirri confessed, simple as that. Even in a court of law nowadays that's enough for a conviction.

How did she confess? She said she's glad her baby was dead and that Dany she knew that some kind of price would be paid for Drogo's life. That's about it. It's also complicated by the fact that she told Dany to leave the tent and to never enter - then Jorah brings her in. Dany thinks Jorah is responsible. So why would Mirri try to protect her to begin with?

2 minutes ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

She already knows that, he was born dead and malformed, despite her knowing he was alive in her belly just days prior, which also answers the second question quite well.

Babies are born stillborn even if they are kicking days prior. It's not clear cut.

1 minute ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

Babies are born stillborn even if they are kicking days prior. It's not clear cut.

He's not exactly born still born though. He's born with motherfucking wings on, and a tail. Now either he was alive days prior despite of those two, or they appeared through magic. Simple as that

He's not exactly born still born though. He's born with motherfucking wings on, and a tail. Now either he was alive days prior despite of those two, or they appeared through magic. Simple as that

It's similar to how the malformed stillborns are described, that other Targaryens had. The author keeps adding those in after AGOT in the histories. It just makes the whole situation more questionable.

3 minutes ago, Rose of Red Lake said:

How did she confess? She said she's glad her baby was dead and that Dany she knew that some kind of price would be paid for Drogo's life. That's about it. It's also complicated by the fact that she told Dany to leave the tent and to never enter - then Jorah brings her in. Dany thinks Jorah is responsible. So why would Mirri try to protect her to begin with?

RoRL, look, if you want to pick on Dany, that's fine, you have plenty to choose from, heck this thread was started because I've found something new worthy of picking on. However, burning alive the person that made her lose her child and made her barren (as far as she knows anyways) and left her husband as a vegetable, is not something one can really criticize her for

1 minute ago, Alyn Oakenfist said:

The Targaryens seem to have more than one example with stillbirths like that. Rhaenyra's Visenya, Maeglor's and Aerys'.

Archived